Gatineau Throat Gel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
[mum writes]

Just a heads up for those who like the throat gel. I've been finding it harder to buy lately, from Q or anywhere else so I asked about and eventually asked Andrew what was happening with it. He has confirmed that the gel is being reformulated to be part of the Defilift 3D range and will be relaunched in March. I'm disappointed about that as I don't like the smell of the 3D range anymore and I'm fairly sure the throat gel will not be the same or as good. Gatineau have done this with other products, so they have precedent. Shame, as I've been using it for years and I'm sure it is what has helped keep my neck looking younger than the rest of me! It's like buying your favourite food in the supermarket and seeing "new recipe!" on the box, you know it has been forever spoiled.

I quite like the Gatineau gel as well, although the tube I'm using at the moment has gone a bit smelly (like stale fat). It's not even old, unlike most things I use because the stash takes so long to get through! I'll give the new Gatineau version a go if there's a good offer. Let us know if you find a good alternative?

Anyone else recommend a neck/throat product? I like to use the Time Bomb one but not sure how effective it is.

Not a fan of defilift range - I find it claggy and my skin always looks worse when I use it than when I don't; but do like the original throat gel (well, original from before the last time they reformulated).

The throat gel, the gommage and the melatogenine mask are the only Gatineau products I still use. Fortunately I have a supersize one from last summer to start on when my current regular size runs out. I can just imagine Andrew's pitch about how they've 'taken one of our finest, most loved, proven time and again products, and made it 10 times better'!

Those are my three favourites as well. I always used to get the throat gel with my passport points but they don't offer it now. However I am not as wedded to the threat gel as I was before since I had others in TSVs and the neck seemed to survive. We must remember this amazingly high percentage of actives Andrew is always banging on about and see if that reduces in the new version. Is it 32%?

I rather liked the Prai Neck and Décolleté cream. The Gatineau gel is a bit dear to buy full price but Q do good value duos.

I used to this way back and thought it brilliant. Then one show Andrew deciding to upsell said you needed to use a moisturiser over it! Totally lost faith in it. Seems it is a gel for tightening no moisturising.

I then moved to M&S own brand Formula neck cream 50msl was £9.50 when I first started buying it and now £13.50 in a pump been using for years. One pump does all around the neck up behind the ears and down the chest. Yes, that is where you need to put your neck cream. I have no necklines or jowls or so I keep getting told by friends.

My local M&S has started stocking Prai no tester pots to try and a lot more than the M&S own brand.

I used to this way back and thought it brilliant. Then one show Andrew deciding to upsell said you needed to use a moisturiser over it! Totally lost faith in it. Seems it is a gel for tightening no moisturising.

I then moved to M&S own brand Formula neck cream 50msl was £9.50 when I first started buying it and now £13.50 in a pump been using for years. One pump does all around the neck up behind the ears and down the chest. Yes, that is where you need to put your neck cream. I have no necklines or jowls or so I keep getting told by friends.

My local M&S has started stocking Prai no tester pots to try and a lot more than the M&S own brand.

I used to use the M & S Formula neck cream. I loved it. Then I discovered I was allergic to an ingredient and had to stop using it. Sigh.

I too am in the market for a good neck cream. I did years ago use a Decleor oil but I can't remember now which one.

I’m currently using the Prai one that was being pushed a few weeks back in the huge 200ml tub.
To be honest I first used it slapping on over the chest and around the neck to find it rolling off.
Anyway I’ve since getting into the habit of twice daily lightly applying a much smaller amount.
I’m getting on with it rather well and this jar is going to last me an age.

I hated the Prai neck cream,and wasn’t impressed with the Gatineau one either,have been using pure Frankincense oil for about two months and it’s really tightening the lines on my neck.

I bet lying Abi Cleeve has got a neck / throat cream / gel out and she WANTS YOU to buy it! I've never used a neck cream so I can't make any recommendations on specific products. I'd imagine it's a good idea to use an SPF on that area - particularly during summer, and probably something with sodium hyaluronate and vitamins C and E would be good.

I've used a few bits and bobs from the M&S Formula range including eye creams, and rather like the range. Never the neck cream though!

I remember Andrew saying about putting moisturiser over the neck gel but assumed that was just a sales ruse. I mean he never said it in all the many previous years so I ignored that. I only have one more tube to go then I think I have a Judith Williams one in the stash and not sure what else, if any. If I run out I may try the M&S one. They did have a little pot of Prai in their Advent calendar so I still have that.

The throat gel, the gommage and the melatogenine mask are the only Gatineau products I still use. Fortunately I have a supersize one from last summer to start on when my current regular size runs out. I can just imagine Andrew's pitch about how they've 'taken one of our finest, most loved, proven time and again products, and made it 10 times better'!

Like they did with the floracil. Twice. Before bringing the old one back.

I've just realised I have used the M&S Formula neck cream as it's on the spreadsheet still as an acceptable item! If I thought it was crap I would have made a note so I didn't buy it again.

I've just realised I have used the M&S Formula neck cream as it's on the spreadsheet still as an acceptable item! If I thought it was crap I would have made a note so I didn't buy it again.

Gosh I’m envious of you with a spreadsheet system for making notes on your beauty products.

Latest posts

Back