Abi Cleeve !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

When you work in an overcrowded market as is skincare & cosmetics surely you need a very unique selling point? Abi Cleeses is not it.She can don her white lab coat & talk technology & how she has created products but it simply does not wash with me.

Pity the White Coat Brigade haven't come and sectioned Ms Stripey-Tights with her banana-yellow shoes. Can't stand her!

Latest nonsense from Ultrasun Abi Cleeve

She was on with Charlie Brook just now. Touting her "jewo" (a word created by A. Young) of SPF 50 she stated that she goes round on the beach handing out tubes of Ultrasun for parents to use on their children, saying: "just use this.". There she is carrying on like some modern day Mother Theresa. I doubt she cares that much about people's offspring being frazzled by the blistering heat of the sun. I rather suspect her dishing out SPF has more to do with peddling her aluminium-laced, gloopy, lardy emulsion so she can profit from people paying over the odds to resemble zombies.

Picture this: You're on holiday or going about your business during the summer months when some horrendous, haggard old bint comes up to you and starts bossing you about and telling you how to care for your children. How would you feel at her criticism of your parenting skills?

Were Miss Cleeve to approach me in this vein she would be told in no uncertain terms to go away!

I suspect she takes a few dozen sample-size tubes of Ultrasun away with her and dishes them out as ‘freebies’.

I'm sceptical of Ultrasun. No doubt it offers sun protection but as someone who burns in a snowstorm, I have got through life using supermarket brands or Avon brand factor 30 or 50 and they have done the job for far less money. I don't believe that because Ultrasun is ten times the price it must be ten times better.

CC

What I have never been able to trust is the concept of 'once a day' - I just don't believe that one application in the morning is going to do the trick for the rest of the day and am unwilling to spend so much money just to have my suspicions confirmed. I'd rather buy more of cheaper stuff and keep reapplying - works for me.

What I have never been able to trust is the concept of 'once a day' - I just don't believe that one application in the morning is going to do the trick for the rest of the day and am unwilling to spend so much money just to have my suspicions confirmed. I'd rather buy more of cheaper stuff and keep reapplying - works for me.

Since my son was born (he is now at Uni) I used Riemann P20 , great in South Africa when we went,he was a year old. I used this for several years, it worked really well but at that time took 45 mins to “set” before exposure, now only takes 15 mins. I did find however it stained white clothes. I then tried Calypso once a day in the garden a couple of years ago, absolutely brilliant, swear by it now & use Malibu miracle tan to prepare my skin before tanning.

Since my son was born (he is now at Uni) I used Riemann P20 , great in South Africa when we went,he was a year old. I used this for several years, it worked really well but at that time took 45 mins to “set” before exposure, now only takes 15 mins. I did find however it stained white clothes. I then tried Calypso once a day in the garden a couple of years ago, absolutely brilliant, swear by it now & use Malibu miracle tan to prepare my skin before tanning.

I tried the Calypso once a day and definitely didn't burn but I did keep reapplying it as I'm paranoid about burning - so much better value!

Thanks for this recommendation, I bought 4 of these bad boys from Superdrug - will be excited for brown legs for the first time in years!!!!

I tried the Calypso once a day and definitely didn't burn but I did keep reapplying it as I'm paranoid about burning - so much better value!

Thanks for this recommendation, I bought 4 of these bad boys from Superdrug - will be excited for brown legs for the first time in years!!!!

I didn’t know Superdrug stocked it, I know they have the miracle tan with SPF in, not tried that one, my son has & is ok.
This is the one I use.
https://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/malibu-aftersun-lotion-400ml/prd-0107466

I didn’t know Superdrug stocked it, I know they have the miracle tan with SPF in, not tried that one, my son has & is ok.
This is the one I use.
https://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/malibu-aftersun-lotion-400ml/prd-0107466

This is the Superdrug one

https://www.superdrug.com/Malibu/Malibu-Miracle-Tan-SPF30-Lotion-150ml/p/680212

And for a quid more, you also get the choice of SPFs from Fragrancedirect.co.uk

https://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/malibu-miracle-tan-spf15-150ml-0072485.html
https://www.fragrancedirect.co.uk/malibu-miracle-tan-spf30-150ml-0072486.html

:mysmilie_3:

Thanks for that. I think I still have one from September with the SPF in as my son didn’t finish the bottle. Will give it a whirl.

As I don’t sunbathe and try to stick to the shade as much as possible when walking about I find my Garnier F30 or F50 applied once a day more than good enough, never been burnt in all the years I’ve used it on holiday. However if you are the beside the pool in full sun 8 hours a day type I’m not really sure that any lotion will be good enough as the golden brown skin may not be painful red and blistered but it is still sunburn and you have damaged your skin it just looks better.

I think that I saw Malibu Miracle Tan in Aldi this week but in the blue box, and it has self tan in it. They also had one type of Calypso with a pump, but not the whole range. They might be coming up with sum products soon.

I heard her today (and Charlie), say that Ultrasun is now available on PRESCRIPTION !!! can anyone confirm this ? and is used by huuuuuuge corporations for their staff who are employed outside.

I heard her today (and Charlie), say that Ultrasun is now available on PRESCRIPTION !!! can anyone confirm this ? and is used by huuuuuuge corporations for their staff who are employed outside.

I’m assuming (and hope), that sun Protection is available on prescription only for people with serious skin diseases or disorders. Even then would Ultrasun be the product of choice rather than a cheaper generic product?

A few years ago I had to see a dermatologist who is well regarded in my area. I mentioned Ultrasun but he had never heard of it!

I wrote to Ultrasun asking these questions. They declined to provide the specific names of the companies, citing customer confidentiality as the reason.

Latest posts

Back