Adverts, Promos and Again

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Have you noticed the recent trend for presenters announcing an advert just before the said advert is played?

Example:

Jackie Kabler just now: "Blah blah blah, I like that cone-shaped heel. I've got knobbly heels from wearing rubbing shoes in my 20s blah blah blah and the more you spend the more you save."

(Voucher promo advert plays)

WTF? It's the sort of thing one might not notice in passing however I was paying attention to the content of what she was saying and it was this bizarre seamless blending of bollocks!

From what I know about terrestrial television one doesn't have an announcer come on and say: "And now here's an advert for Nescafé Gold Blend."

And AGAIN........

Why do they keep saying this when they hadn't made whatever point they're wittering on about in the first place?

Kabler must have said it about 40 times so far on the Clarks hour.

And again every time I hear that promo I baulk at the sickly voice-over that says: "We've got a series of blah blah blah" in a really false voice that sounds like she's smiling while talking" along with the stupid finger placing hearts on various items - accompanied by a kissing sound (like they're trying to brainwash into realising they have an app).

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back