Looking down..

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
the list of very helpful upcoming TSVs, there's only one thing wrong - no mention of Kipling and Dyson ! other than that we're once again on the loop system for the same old same old.

So, I cant get 'excited' , in fact ....:mysmilie_496::mysmilie_490:

the list of very helpful upcoming TSVs, there's only one thing wrong - no mention of Kipling and Dyson ! other than that we're once again on the loop system for the same old same old.

So, I cant get 'excited' , in fact ....:mysmilie_496::mysmilie_490:

Dyson on 2nd March!

It is boring and I'm watching less which is good for my purse. I remember the days when I used to save up for craft day and even take a day off work so I could stock up on all the goodies and watch all the individual shows. I really liked Carol Smith (think that was her name) and Dawn Bibby. I no longer do much crafting and wouldn't dream of taking a day off work to watch telly.

CC

I watch very little too. Too many beauty shows. I used to love the gem shows and loved gem day. I liked the craft shows and did use to make my own cards, I don't any longer, as it all just got too expensive. I am not fussed on the new presenters either.

It is all very, very boring.

Yes, I liked gem day as well. I have a lovely ruby spray ring that I think was on a New York gem show, there was a really knowledgeable, fun guy that was the guest. The stones were much better quality back in the day and I wish I had bought more as real gems are now hugely expensive.

CC

CC, me too ! oh to have the hindsight. I also have real gem rings, from the days when QVC boasted being the top jewellery retailer in the UK, - when gold was a lot cheaper.

I was the same, in watching the craft days, the silver days, non stop, spending a small fortune in the process. Waiting up til midnight to watch a Cozee Home TSV doesn't cut the mustard anymore.

[mum writes]

I too used to take time off work so I could catch particular shows that I was interested in. Used to love the jewellery. I have some pieces of lovely handcrafted silver, Lavagi, Suarti, South Western etc. but the current crop of cheap looking eek does nothing for me. And as for fashion, most of it is awful and at prices that would suggest bespoke! I don't know how they keep expecting people to keep coming back for more. Kim and Co top and trousers sets that cost around £100, Marla Wynne sweaters for £80 etc. plus the outrageous P&P. The beauty ranges are nothing like they used to be, the same handful of brands that come round every other day. I can't help but think they've become too fixated with big brands, as it's all you hear them going on about now. They talk about it like it's hell but I'll stick to the high street thanks.

I must have bought at least 50% of Q jewellery stock back in the day.

I still wear the bracelets and necklaces but not so much the rings as I was 2 sizes bigger then. However if I don’t get a move on and shift some weight I’ll be able to wear them all again!

Rarely watch now even though I’m not averse to a bit of LR, Eek etc but the designs are soooo boring now.

I have some lovely gem set items I bought from Q years ago and I still love them to this day. I didn`t buy masses of gem set items but the ones I did buy were well made, great quality and with lovely stones. I can honestly say I haven`t bought jewellery from them since.
Funnily enough I received an email survey from them yesterday asking for my opinion on an awful cheap looking necklace they`re obviously planing to sell so in one of the boxes asking did I prefer the silver or gold tone I simply wrote dn`t bother selling it in either finish because it`s horrible and cheap looking. It was a choice of silver or gold plated chain with several individual large eek letters hanging off it spelling out the word love or princess or darling or several other optional words. Horrible !

I must have bought at least 50% of Q jewellery stock back in the day.

I still wear the bracelets and necklaces but not so much the rings as I was 2 sizes bigger then. However if I don’t get a move on and shift some weight I’ll be able to wear them all again!

Rarely watch now even though I’m not averse to a bit of LR, Eek etc but the designs are soooo boring now.

Sadly I'm the opposite LATI, since buying all the gorgeous rings, my right 'ring' hand has developed bobbly arthritis - ie sticky out bones on the finger joints - lovely (not), so they've gone up at least 2 ring sizes. I've given some away to the girlies in my family, and wear the others on my left hand wedding finger.

Q can flog all the lotions and potions they want, in an attempt to rid us of the 'fine lines and wrinkles', but no-one can combat knobbly bobble arthritic hands. Bugger ! the joys of getting old eh ?

I think we have all gone through the betters days of QVC when my shopping with them used to be something of a joke at work.All the real gem jewellery shows now would be through the roof price wise.It is so boring now I just watch for the beauty TSVs but even miss out on them so much now.The main put off is the P&P although you can use & return it can still cost a fortune as I found out when I foolishly tried Perricone.

I agree with almost everything that’s been said so far on this topic. I used to love jewellery days and bought quite a few pieces back then and still have most of them. I’ve also got knobbly fingers and need a bigger size to get them on but they are loose and turn on my finger. ****** old age, I’m afraid I’m not growing old gracefully but I am trying hard to stay healthy. Don’t watch much Q these days for the same reason as most others on this forum.

That's the thing BettyB, if you upsize the ring to get it over the 'upsized knuckle' its then too loose and keeps spinning around. There's millions to be made by the person who can find a solution to that problem.

That's the thing BettyB, if you upsize the ring to get it over the 'upsized knuckle' its then too loose and keeps spinning around. There's millions to be made by the person who can find a solution to that problem.

How about a ring with a hinge / clasp / stretchy cord?

Yes of course there are the stretchy rings, a la biby bijoux/ Lola Rose, and then there are the open ended type/adjustable, but I'm talking about the real deal jewellery.

Nomination do a range of silver stretch rings in a variety of stones etc. It`s an Italian brand and I have one of their bracelets which is extremely well made and you can remove links and replace them with other links containing stones. I wear mine all the time alongside a Pandora bracelet and a Chamelia bangle and it`s never changed colour nor overstretched nor lost any stones and the Nomination brand isn`t overpriced. I haven`t tried any of their stretch rings but if they`re as well made as the bracelets then they`ll be made to last and cope with everyday wear and tear.

Can you believe it? The lovely ring I spoke about in my previous post was brought out last night as we were going for tea. It snagged as I was putting on my coat and one of the stones fell out (which are tiny). I was just standing still in one place but said stone is nowhere to be found and probably never will be. Gutted, just gutted.

CC

Can you believe it? The lovely ring I spoke about in my previous post was brought out last night as we were going for tea. It snagged as I was putting on my coat and one of the stones fell out (which are tiny). I was just standing still in one place but said stone is nowhere to be found and probably never will be. Gutted, just gutted.

CC

If you have a vacuum cleaner with a hose then fasten the foot of a pair of thick tights over the end of the nozzle. Pull it tightly then fasten with something like a hair bobble or thick elastic band and sweep over the area of floor using just the covered nozzle. The stone may be sucked up and will cling to the tights.

Latest posts

Back