Really ????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I'm no gardener, just browsed over onto the Gardening show, and the postage for 3 flower roots (@£11.99) is an eye watering £5.95 !!!

HOW ? WHY ? they weigh very little, so how they calculate the p & p is beyond me.

Another root flower WITH decorative containers is also £5.95 - no comparison to three lightweight roots !

More than once I've paid around £3.95 to receive an item, and when I've returned it the postage has been less than this sending it first class ! So clearly they are making more money from us via the con of P & P.

I agree with you. QVC’s postage rates are way too high and I wish someone would explain it to me. Not for the first time, I have gone elsewhere and chose a company selling the same thing, occasionally more expensive but with free postage. QVC in my opinion can and should now do free p & p, after all are they not the most used shopping network in the UK������

They should do one postage cost per order. I put a few things in the basket the other day and wasn't surprised that the postage was around £36! I obviously emptied the basket again.

Today I bought the tower pots from Thomson and Morgan and compared to T&M's own website. They were cheaper inc postage at QVC but had I wanted to buy anything else it would have been cheaper to buy the whole lot at T&M and only pay one post cost of £4.95. You do need to compare.

CC

I watched a programme recently and an online retailer said that free postage and free returns were the reason people ordered multiple items/sizes but only kept one was causing them real problems with stock levels and unsellable returns plus the postage anD packaging costs. They were going to rethink their system to cut back on this to avoid the losses incurred.

I don’t really buy much online other than ordering a size not in store but a work colleague orders multiple items from some company (sorry can’t remember which) were she can keep them for 30days and doesn’t have to pay a penny until the 30 days are up! In young fashion 30 days is a new season! How can that pay unless the item is only worth pence in the first place.

Well, more evidence.

Elemis tsv - 2 jars, large pump bottle, small pump bottle - p & p £3.95
AS opposed to

3 flower roots.... £5.95

Think of a number....

Well, more evidence.

Elemis tsv - 2 jars, large pump bottle, small pump bottle - p & p £3.95
AS opposed to

3 flower roots.... £5.95

Think of a number....

I noticed this with the Elemis TSV and was surprised at the £3.95
As with similar sized and weight purchases it’s around £5.95!

I recently paid £3.95 for P&P for 2 eyeshadows... RETURN 92p first class
No More on a whim purchases for me go in the basket then REALLY REALLY CONSIDER purchase!

I watched a programme recently and an online retailer said that free postage and free returns were the reason people ordered multiple items/sizes but only kept one was causing them real problems with stock levels and unsellable returns plus the postage anD packaging costs. They were going to rethink their system to cut back on this to avoid the losses incurred.

I don’t really buy much online other than ordering a size not in store but a work colleague orders multiple items from some company (sorry can’t remember which) were she can keep them for 30days and doesn’t have to pay a penny until the 30 days are up! In young fashion 30 days is a new season! How can that pay unless the item is only worth pence in the first place.

I've done it. Worn it out, cut the labels off then sent it back. I've done it with a diamond necklace as well. I know, I know . . . .

I'm far from saintly, but that is something it never occurs for me to do ! If I want something I'll keep it, but I know as soon as its out of the bag if its not for me, and back it goes within a week.

I know thats the point of the 30dmg, to wear, test and try, but I've never actually done it.

I’ve only ever used something and sent it back.

It was a Bruce what’s his name (Kathy van Zealand’s husband) leather bag, very expensive. When it arrived I sort of knew it wouldn’t sit well so used it out once for a few hours. This confirmed all my fears so back it went.

However I should have sent loads back but didn’t- some will say more money than sense.

Latest posts

Back