Rylan Clarke Neal - celebrity?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
QVC istaking it’s customers for idiots. £150 forone of his candles, is laughable. It only gives 240 hours burn time.
This guy is not even a z list celebritybut, as usual, this channel is assumingit’sviewers are easily swayed by tv stars, and spend all their timewatchingdaytimetv, whichisjystnottrue.
I haven’t watched QVC for several years now, although I do buy certain items, from the website, basically because the price is good, or I cannot purchase elsewhere.

QVC istaking it’s customers for idiots. £150 forone of his candles, is laughable. It only gives 240 hours burn time.
This guy is not even a z list celebritybut, as usual, this channel is assumingit’sviewers are easily swayed by tv stars, and spend all their timewatchingdaytimetv, whichisjystnottrue.
I haven’t watched QVC for several years now, although I do buy certain items, from the website, basically because the price is good, or I cannot purchase elsewhere.

No idea who he is Louise. I only look on website after any heads up on this forum. I have often channel hopped and seen the odd minute but days of watching any show are long gone.

Louise since you were a regular watcher Q has changed quite a lot.

Gone are the decent designer/manufacturers and in their place are the likes of Rylan, Amanda Holden, Ruth Langsford fronting products they are putting their name to despite never having any connection to the manufacturing process. It used to be Andrea whatshername and Lisa Snowden doing diamonique, Lulu and Time Bomb and then they just spread like a mouldy bathroom into every other department.

This is the reason that so few of us watch or buy anymore.

No idea who Rylan is except that he's a guy that sells very expensive candles and associated stuff. I can't imagine he sells that many.

CC

I know he was on the X Factor(never watch), presents on This Morning(never watch), Big Brother the other show(never watched), but I did catch him on Celebrity Masterchef the other year he seemed harmless.

Would I buy a candle from him? No.

He was a second rate entrant on X factor and each week they made a fool of him by putting him in camp outfits with camp sets and camp backing dancers. He was their "joke" entry for that year, just like Honey G and that Wagner bloke in other years.
After X factor he started appearing in game shows and chat shows as far as I know. He also does voice overs for tv ads advertising gambling apps and websites.

On the face of it he seems harmless enough but I am not quite sure about how genuine he is. On master chef the first week he didn’t know what a carrot was or how to peel a potato but suddenly by the semifinals he was producing restaurant quality food! Something wasn’t true.

The more celebrities that are being dug up to front products, the more I believe that they are QVC's own brands. Candles for this Rylan bloke, Bundelberry homewares for Holden, Eek already has McLean and Mone, and I wouldn't be surprised if Julian McDonald's stuff is under the QVC Umbrella, as well as the Kelly Hoppen bedding. Haul in the products from America and shove a UK sleb to 'own' it.

I smelled a rat when on several occasions the sleb doesn't know how many colours there are, or what the fabric content is. Even RL has stumbled a few times over her fashion range, despite all the 'input' she's supposed to have.

In sun on line there is an article re Amanda H 48th birthday celebrations. Long way from Les Dennis

Warning.... several sick buckets will be required.

Louise since you were a regular watcher Q has changed quite a lot.

Gone are the decent designer/manufacturers and in their place are the likes of Rylan, Amanda Holden, Ruth Langsford fronting products they are putting their name to despite never having any connection to the manufacturing process. It used to be Andrea whatshername and Lisa Snowden doing diamonique, Lulu and Time Bomb and then they just spread like a mouldy bathroom into every other department.

This is the reason that so few of us watch or buy anymore.

...'mouldy bathroom'......loveit! :mysmilie_19:

I rather like Rylan! I watched his first show and thought he seemed pretty knowledgeable about his products. Maybe I was in a.particularly generous mood that day, lol. I wouldn't pay those prices for those burn times though.Also, he has a Radio2 show -which is not a bad gig - at 3.00 on Saturday, which I have just realised is now on. So for research I have turned it on and he is playing some abysmal record! Oh dear it is dreadful! He is talking to his mother now as the.phone in. She may be adorable, I don't know, but which sandwich his mother ate for lunch and where is not great radio.

Yes, its seems fashionable now to have as many 'camp' presenters on tv /radio as possible. Professionalism left the station decades ago.

I wouldn't pay stupid money (or any money - I'm allergic unless they're vegetable wax, and then it's hit or miss) for candles, whoever was selling them.

I must admit I miss burning them, though.

I was listening to Rylan on Radio 2 earlier and he seems okay. Not as good as some, not as bad as others. Certainly better than Liza Tarbuck!

I miss Simon Mayo :sad: I'm a feminist but replacing good DJs/shows just because the beeb wants to be politically correct is a joke.

I wouldn't pay stupid money (or any money - I'm allergic unless they're vegetable wax, and then it's hit or miss) for candles, whoever was selling them.

I must admit I miss burning them, though.

I was listening to Rylan on Radio 2 earlier and he seems okay. Not as good as some, not as bad as others. Certainly better than Liza Tarbuck!

I miss Simon Mayo :sad: I'm a feminist but replacing good DJs/shows just because the beeb wants to be politically correct is a joke.

What did Mayo do that was non fem? I thought he was supportive of Jo Wiley when she received hate mail re. their new format? What have I missed?

What did Mayo do that was non fem? I thought he was supportive of Jo Wiley when she received hate mail re. their new format? What have I missed?

He didn't do anything. The big knobs at the Beeb thought it a good idea to stick JW on with him and it didn't work.

I listened to the show a lot and downloaded the Confessions podcast (they were brilliant). Wasn't fussed on the Friday request show, but the rest of the week with his guests was interesting and kept me from imploding at the absolute stupidity I'd see on the roads (not to mention the absolute stupidity of those in charge of roads).

Anyway, for those unfamiliar, Matt was the Sports Guy, along with Bobbie (or whoever was doing the travel), plus other guests like Nige the chef and Deadly (no idea, just liked his underwater noises - you had to be there) who'd pass judgement on the sins of the confessor. Matt took some getting used to as he'd always tend to forgive the naughty and not the accidental confessor, but he was really funny and made the Confessions. I used to love Rebecca's (travel) judgements (I LOVED her voice - could listen to her read the phone book!), but she left.

I've still got some episodes on my phone but no idea if they're still available - have a look. Listen to the older ones compared to the ones with JW. There's just no spark. Plus what is it about female presenters blathering on about their kids (or grandkids - Alison Keenan anyone?)? STFU about your ****** families!

Basically, they took a very entertaining show and completely spoiled it because they bowed to political correctness. After all the fuss about the women in the Beeb getting paid less than the men, instead of just bringing pay into line, they decide to move more women into prime time positions - which I have absolutely no problem with IF the new presenter is up to the job, they don't mess with what is already popular with BOTH sexes AND the new female is actually filling a position, not being trotted on AS a filler. If it ain't broke, DO NOT flaming fix it!

And don't get me started with Sara Cox. I'm cringing at her new segment where she gets someone to ring up a family member or friend to try to get them to say a phrase. Disaster waiting to happen. I have no idea if it's still going as I could no longer take the embarrassing filling in and unconfident presenting style that SC has. I gave her a few weeks to settle in but could stand it no more. She should go to QVC presenter school - at least they're confident with their bluster and unprofessionalism.

Yes, I have PMT so I'm a bit :taphead: Well done if you managed to read all of that little rant, but it's ruined my evenings on the road. Monday to Thursday I could often be seen stuck in a standstill traffic jam laughing my head off. I'd look around and see a few others laughing and knew they were trying to hang on to their sanity with the help of an entertaining radio show for company. Stupid PC knobs!

Stupid PC knobs! I love that!! I do not, however, love Radio2. I mean FFS? Steve Wright is still alive. Who'd have thought? God I remember getting ready for school and all that Terry Wogan and the Floral Dance FFS. Mr CC puts it on in the car. I want to kill myself. He is my mum and dad rolled into one and probably his mum and dad on top.

I'm a Talk Sport girl.

CC

I never listened to Simon Mayo but read a lot about the fury people felt when the format was changed for PC reasons. Funnily enough there is a letter in today's Sunday Times saying that if Simon Mayo was forced to work with a co-presenter, how come that doesn't apply to Sara Cox? (THen a second letter comments that the change wasn't even put to Simon Mayo face to face. He heard through an email sent to his agent. He probably thinks he is well out of it!)

Stupid PC knobs! I love that!! I do not, however, love Radio2. I mean FFS? Steve Wright is still alive. Who'd have thought? God I remember getting ready for school and all that Terry Wogan and the Floral Dance FFS. Mr CC puts it on in the car. I want to kill myself. He is my mum and dad rolled into one and probably his mum and dad on top.

I'm a Talk Sport girl.

CC

Steve Wright is the one Radio 2 DJ (along with Liza Tarbuck) that I'd happily see go. Dunno how he got out of being forced to change... or how he's managed to stay in that slot so long in the first place.

He plays crap music, but I do like the factoids.

I never listened in the TW days. I like Vine - am regularly found shouting at the radio when he's on. Never in the car for ZB so don't miss Chris wotshisface. Don't mind the bloke between ZB and JV as I like the pop quiz.

Can't believe I no longer listen to Radio1 - moving to Radio 2 is a true and classic sign of impending old age!

ETA: I spend a LOT of time in the car :dull:

I never listened to Simon Mayo but read a lot about the fury people felt when the format was changed for PC reasons. Funnily enough there is a letter in today's Sunday Times saying that if Simon Mayo was forced to work with a co-presenter, how come that doesn't apply to Sara Cox? (THen a second letter comments that the change wasn't even put to Simon Mayo face to face. He heard through an email sent to his agent. He probably thinks he is well out of it!)

I read a snippet about how stressed he was in the last weeks and meant to go back to read it fully. I'll try to dig it out now. I know he's professional enough not to diss JW, but also heard he was quite friendly with her anyway. It's just a shame it happened.

SC definitely needs (or at least needed when I listened last) nannying along in her show. Painful to listen to. Cringeworthy.

I agree SM's show was rubbish when they added Jo. I do listen in & out of R2. Mr B & I always compete in Popmaster when we are both about,(& I usually win)

Those wanting a change who may have been or like Indie music try R6 Music. I've never liked JW's shows.

Latest posts

Back