advice please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's a flexible metal rod you feed down the sink and wiggle about round the u bend to break up any blockage.

Not a sex toy then!

I've found washing soda & hot water work well...Also washing soda & white vinegar....It goes all fizzy...(In the sink, of course)

I use soda, and white vinegar, and branded products. A variety of stuff in fact. That's why I was furious when my sink blocked! It gets cleaned at least twice a month. I don't even chuck bad stuff like fat or tea leaves and coffee grounds down it. It got so bad the washing machine outflow started to come into the sink (smelly! Further thing to buy was washing machine cleaner!) but it is all sorted now. I reckon my drain was sabotaged by rubbish from the flat above.... it couldn't have been my fault, LOL.

I use soda, and white vinegar, and branded products. A variety of stuff in fact. That's why I was furious when my sink blocked! It gets cleaned at least twice a month. I don't even chuck bad stuff like fat or tea leaves and coffee grounds down it. It got so bad the washing machine outflow started to come into the sink (smelly! Further thing to buy was washing machine cleaner!) but it is all sorted now. I reckon my drain was sabotaged by rubbish from the flat above.... it couldn't have been my fault, LOL.

Probably a fatberg somewhere in the pipes.

Sodium hydroxide always works. Just be sure to properly flush it through as you don't want it regurgitating and splashing on your skin.

Probably a fatberg somewhere in the pipes.

Sodium hydroxide always works. Just be sure to properly flush it through as you don't want it regurgitating and splashing on your skin.

That would deffo work. It's hardcore, but where does one buy it? Isn't it restricted now due to acid attacks?

That would deffo work. It's hardcore, but where does one buy it? Isn't it restricted now due to acid attacks?

I'm not sure. It's technically an alkali - however in the right concentration would do just as much - if not more - damage than acids. I bought a tub of it in Vilnius a few years ago. As for the UK I believe there are some sink / drain unblockers in some of the pound shops that actually contain a good quantity of NaOH.

This gel will almost certainly contain it - however you might need to buy a couple of them. If you can find the powders they tend to work well.

https://www.poundland.co.uk/sink-and-drain-unblocker-gel

I'm not sure. It's technically an alkali - however in the right concentration would do just as much - if not more - damage than acids. I bought a tub of it in Vilnius a few years ago. As for the UK I believe there are some sink / drain unblockers in some of the pound shops that actually contain a good quantity of NaOH.

This gel will almost certainly contain it - however you might need to buy a couple of them. If you can find the powders they tend to work well.

https://www.poundland.co.uk/sink-and-drain-unblocker-gel

Thanks, J. I think the ones for retail are a fart in the wind compared to the stuff you got in V. I'm guessing you speak Russian then (Vilnius being close (ish ) to Russia) as well as your other languages..

Latest posts

Back