6 Easy Pays on Dyson Hairdryer might be coming soon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wish it was 6 easy pays on the Dyson hot and cold fan, it would be nice in case we get a summer like last. Not interested in the hairdryer... it looks heavy and awkward and too expensive.

I wish it was 6 easy pays on the Dyson hot and cold fan, it would be nice in case we get a summer like last. Not interested in the hairdryer... it looks heavy and awkward and too expensive.

Last year I suffered badly from an allergic reaction to our neighbours wood burner and another’s coal fire.

It was so bad Mr L bought the Dyson because it had an air filter thingy. It is a good heater and fan but it is a lot of money.

We also got one of those sheepskin thingies up the chimney which was very good but of course you can’t use the fire at all.

Last year I suffered badly from an allergic reaction to our neighbours wood burner and another’s coal fire.

It was so bad Mr L bought the Dyson because it had an air filter thingy. It is a good heater and fan but it is a lot of money.

We also got one of those sheepskin thingies up the chimney which was very good but of course you can’t use the fire at all.

I'm getting Creda night storage heating installed in the flat. I'm hoping it makes a difference.

Screw posh Mr Dyson and his overpriced inventions! Just wait until the backlash over his battery-powered vacs (planned obsolescence) kicks in!

I'm getting Creda night storage heating installed in the flat. I'm hoping it makes a difference.

I had night storage heating in my previous house and I liked it and it wasn't too expensive to run IMO. Bought one of those Quantum "save you bags of money" radiators for the new property (stone cottage mind you) and just had a £500 electric bill :mysmilie_13: Back to wearing more jumpers.

CC

I've been hearing a lot recently that these hairdryers are actually turning out to be cumbersome and difficult to use and anything but reliable. Lots of posting to FB and other websites to say that parts break or break off easily or that the motor overheats and won't run for long periods or simply gives up. One woman said that she was on to her fourth unit in 18 months because they kept failing but Dyson wouldn't refund her. Not only that, lots of people have said that it does dry hair quickly but makes it go like straw, and judging by the look of many so-called celebs these days, if they are really using it and making their hair look like this ubiquitous rat-tails style, they can keep it! My money is safe.

Oh no LATI were they burning something they shouldn't have been.? Must say some burners near us make my asthma kick in if there is a lot of sulphur in whatever they are burning, I have the same problem with diesel.

Once they realised that the load of blocks they purchased didn’t go very far for the price I think they may have purchased either stuff which had not dried out or which has been impregnated with something. As for the coal I have no idea what they are all burning but it smells terrible and never seems to dissipate. Even opening the front door to go in or out is a nightmare. There doesn’t seem to be any clear air policy or if there is no one is enforcing it.

Our house is open plan with the chimney top to bottom with no ceiling so when the air gets in it’s impossible to clear it hence the air purifier.

There is a guy on Youtube who posts videos of him taking things apart. He is a bit of a strange one with some of his language, he is from somewhere around Texas I think, and he has words which I'm sure he makes up :mysmilie_19:

But his videos are a good watch and he really knows his stuff. Anyway, I'm waffling....my point is, he did a teardown of the Dyson hair dryer, and it's shocking how little there is inside it really to justify the price. The only thing he was impressed with, was the blades on the little turbine, which look hand finished. Which to be fair, would add to the cost considerably. It is clear though, that the price of a lot of Dyson stuff is down to how much they spend on research and development.

The hair dryer has obviously had a lot of design work done on it, to ensure that huge airflow, and noise reduction. And....I have no idea what my point is really!!!

I watched a demonstration of this for the first time yesterday and I was highly suspicious when the camera cut away from the model, as she started to dry it without a mirror or a brush. We had five minutes or so of them waffling on about how simple it works (while we could hear this happening off camera) and how Jill Franks 'literally' spends a fraction of the time in achieving her 'sleek locks' blah, blah, blah. Suddenly, the background noise from the dryer stops and there's some background noise that sound a bit like people/props shuffling about and then viola, we return to said model whose hair is immaculate and 'literally' all she used was the Dyson! If that's really the case, why didn't they keep the camera on her (with the guest and Fwanks waffling away in the background, if it's in their contract that we endure this) so that we could see for ourselves exactly how quick, easy and effective it is to achieve such results. I'm just not buying it, in any sense of the word! My friend's husband bought her one for her birthday and he knew by her face that she wasn't pleased with it - she had to fess up that there're other things she'd much rather spend £300 on than a hairdryer. I haven't seen her for a week or so and I'll ask whether using it has changed her mind when I do.

I watched a demonstration of this for the first time yesterday and I was highly suspicious when the camera cut away from the model, as she started to dry it without a mirror or a brush. We had five minutes or so of them waffling on about how simple it works (while we could hear this happening off camera) and how Jill Franks 'literally' spends a fraction of the time in achieving her 'sleek locks' blah, blah, blah. Suddenly, the background noise from the dryer stops and there's some background noise that sound a bit like people/props shuffling about and then viola, we return to said model whose hair is immaculate and 'literally' all she used was the Dyson! If that's really the case, why didn't they keep the camera on her (with the guest and Fwanks waffling away in the background, if it's in their contract that we endure this) so that we could see for ourselves exactly how quick, easy and effective it is to achieve such results. I'm just not buying it, in any sense of the word! My friend's husband bought her one for her birthday and he knew by her face that she wasn't pleased with it - she had to fess up that there're other things she'd much rather spend £300 on than a hairdryer. I haven't seen her for a week or so and I'll ask whether using it has changed her mind when I do.

I have learned that ladies don't tend to like "practical" gifts. Bought my ex a steam iron once - and she didn't like it so I took it back. I think she probably would have liked the hairdryer, though. She used to spend £200 per month getting her hair done so, who knows, maybe it would have saved her some money. Personally I spend £6 a month on my hair at the local place and it's fine.

I agree Dame, also another bit of deceit is dampening the hair is not the same as getting out the shower with it soaking wet after just washing it, dampening the hair is bound to take minutes, with any hairdryer, because it’s not properly wet, honestly they must think their QVC customers were born yesterday, and I’ve got to agree with your friend, never in a million years would I spend that sort of money on a hairdryer, just so I can say I’ve got the latest fad, I just wash my hair half an hour earlier if I’m in a rush, if not I just wash it and let it dry naturally and put £150 in each of my grandsons bank accounts.

Julius!!!! You bought your ex an iron as a gift!!! No no of the century. Almost as bad as when my mum bought me a toaster for Christmas. Disappointment on a gargantuan scale. Not sure I'd want a hairdryer either. My Babyliss travel dryer that must be 20 years old dries my very thick (short) hair in under 5 minutes and if I put some kind of straight spray on it, it looks reasonable. Still have to iron it though to make it straight (£20 straighteners, Remington I think, do a good job).

CC

There is a guy on Youtube who posts videos of him taking things apart. He is a bit of a strange one with some of his language, he is from somewhere around Texas I think, and he has words which I'm sure he makes up :mysmilie_19:

But his videos are a good watch and he really knows his stuff. Anyway, I'm waffling....my point is, he did a teardown of the Dyson hair dryer, and it's shocking how little there is inside it really to justify the price. The only thing he was impressed with, was the blades on the little turbine, which look hand finished. Which to be fair, would add to the cost considerably. It is clear though, that the price of a lot of Dyson stuff is down to how much they spend on research and development.

The hair dryer has obviously had a lot of design work done on it, to ensure that huge airflow, and noise reduction. And....I have no idea what my point is really!!!

Very true about recouping what they spent on R&D via the £300 price tag. Apparently, it cost them £50m over four years!

https://www.designweek.co.uk/issues...-hair-dryer-which-cost-50-million-to-develop/

Julius!!!! You bought your ex an iron as a gift!!! No no of the century. Almost as bad as when my mum bought me a toaster for Christmas. Disappointment on a gargantuan scale. Not sure I'd want a hairdryer either. My Babyliss travel dryer that must be 20 years old dries my very thick (short) hair in under 5 minutes and if I put some kind of straight spray on it, it looks reasonable. Still have to iron it though to make it straight (£20 straighteners, Remington I think, do a good job).

CC

I'd love a toaster! Had my Argos value one for nearly 10 years and it's still going - so you say it really is good value! Women don't like to be bought appliances. A new Iphone - maybe. A toaster / iron - definitely a no-no! I bought the iron as it was cordlesss and she was always moaning about the flex on the iron getting all knotted / kinked. I saw the iron in Robert Dyas! Anyway I've got it now and it's serving me well. That woman ought to be lucky her hubby bought her a premium product! I can see her point though - a hairdryer - hmm not the most romantic gift, I suppose!

I'd love a toaster! Had my Argos value one for nearly 10 years and it's still going - so you say it really is good value! Women don't like to be bought appliances. A new Iphone - maybe. A toaster / iron - definitely a no-no! I bought the iron as it was cordlesss and she was always moaning about the flex on the iron getting all knotted / kinked. I saw the iron in Robert Dyas! Anyway I've got it now and it's serving me well. That woman ought to be lucky her hubby bought her a premium product! I can see her point though - a hairdryer - hmm not the most romantic gift, I suppose!

My ex, before he was ex, bought me a cellotape dispenser for Christmas.:mysmilie_476:

Latest posts

Back