6 Easy Pays on Dyson Hairdryer might be coming soon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

[mum writes]

I'm a teetotaller and can't eat dairy so my sister bought me a box of milk chocolate liqueurs! (and they were almost out of date)

My ex, before he was ex, bought me a cellotape dispenser for Christmas.:mysmilie_476:

:mysmilie_15:

Are you sure this wasn't a joke?

I actually like practical presents, but not saucepans, plates or cutlery or towels.

LOL! Even I wouldn't go that far! Worst gift I ever received was olives coated in chocolate - - absolutely horrid, they were.

Are you sure they were olives, J? :mysmilie_11:

[mum writes]

I'm a teetotaller and can't eat dairy so my sister bought me a box of milk chocolate liqueurs! (and they were almost out of date)

That's rubbish! I'm guessing the 2 of you don't get along?

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to work with someone who dated a guy who worked for the HSE (Health & Safety Executive). She loved scented candles and he bought her a mini fire extinguisher for Valentine's Day. Needless to say, the relationship didn't last.

I used to work with someone who dated a guy who worked for the HSE (Health & Safety Executive). She loved scented candles and he bought her a mini fire extinguisher for Valentine's Day. Needless to say, the relationship didn't last.

I bet that put out the flame.

Who's going to take a hit on credit score to buy a poxy overpriced hairdryer? This Easy Pay extension smacks of desperation. Clearly QVC are not selling enough units. For all A. Horne's pouting, shouting and touting it's just not enough! I've half a mind to buy one just so I can return it to them under the 30d MBG!

Are you saying that her 'bonkers', 'awesome' and 'phenomenol' usage are not to your taste? Though to be fair I can't see them being to anyones taste, thanks to her whenever she is trying to flog a 'fitbit', I just sit there eating a piece of cake, lots of fitbits, lots of cake :)

I often wondered why thy didn't do more than 4, now I know the reason didn't realise you needed to be Credit Checked and no it is true what others have stated I wouldn't want to be CC for what they are flogging. Noted that they also had some jewellery costing around 2.5K, I mean really would you want to spend that amount of money on some jewllery through the telly. No, American has long done 6 EP's (and for more items), guess this is going to be a trend here. How long I wonder before they have to change the spiel with regards to stating 'no credit checks' if indeed you do have to be credit checked, once again 'false advertising' which is surely something totally alien to QVC!

Before I bought my car (on 2 -year HP) I was very careful to check its effect on my credit rating. It decreases the average age of your accounts s therefore reduces your credit rating, however after 6 months it goes back up again and goes even higher when it's completed, so buying things on extended EP's could actually help to INCREASE your credit rating over time. My rating was 971 and has gone down to 842 however it will go back up again in time - and I've got my Smart car which I will own in 2 years from now.

If I wanted that hairdryer I'd just put it on my American Express card and pay it off in full when my salary comes through. I wouldn't take out a credit plan for an everyday appliance.

Last edited by a moderator:

I actually think that's thoughtful.

This hairdryer is on air so much. I am utterly board with it, so when it’s being presented I now switch off or over. It got me thinking, it is presented so often, and always very frequently between each airing I am beginning to wonder if Dyson pay Q to do so.

I cherish my hair, but I tell you, anyone who pays this much for a hairdryer, needs their head and brain examined, utterly ridiculous.

Unless you had very difficult hair and this dryer was going to transform it making life so much easier Ithink it is a rediculous price.I too switch off as soon as they come on, sick to death of seeing it.

its a very popular item & thats why its on a lot as if it wasnt selling it wouldnt be on as much

And if it wasn't selling well it would on air a lot too as they'd need to shift them!!! Fact is none of us know how well it is selling!

it was announced that QVC have sold an obscene amount must be the only place that sells on that level

Yes, it was 50,000 of the ****** things.

I just had a survey about easy pay from QVC.

A question about 6 easy pay on expensive items, I said too long a period. The idea of paying for a hairdryer for six months!!!! I remember catalogues and washing machines, cookers and fridge/freezers being on 6 months. But a ****** hairdryer or even jewellery no way. Getting yourself into debt.

Fine if you have money and want to try or take a large risk on something.Guess I am looking for value for money but I admit I not have the hairstyle that would demand this.If people buy, are happy, fine but it has to justify the price.My hairdresser has tried it and did not like, to be honest have not read the reviews.It has to be ultra special in performance to justify the cost.

I personally find now on Q too much is made on the amount sold. I’m not interested one bit if I’m the first or last to buy or if there’s one sold or one million. If I need, want, can afford, I will buy and if unsure about something I will check if there’s reviews. High pressure and frequent showings don’t make me purchase one bit. Now showing an item as new which used to be on its first airing but now goes on for repeated times, for me doesn’t do anything in the way of purchasing. Plus all this chopping into hours of stuff that’s gone before makes me switch off.

I am fairly willing to bet it is young folk who are spending this type of money by and large. I actually think it is an obscene amount to charge anyone that amount.

I’ll bet it’s binlid parents buying for their little princesses who seem to think they have an entitlement to what they want, when they want.

Latest posts

Back