oh don't we know it....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am with you on the tattoos Brissles but if someone wants to go there it is their body.I saw a lovely looking girl the other day with tattoos covering her arms, they just looked grubby and horrible IMO.I just think when they get much older will they regret them? The worst is someone in a lovely wedding dress with tattoos, I guess we have benn brought up to think they are not at all classy.

I think that as they are removable no one thinks much about it. Seems nothing is permanent these days.....No one has to think too hard anymore..

I read a magazine article yesterday about a woman who has coronation street characters on her lower legs. Full scene of D Barlow behind prison bars!

It’s a far cry from making sure your underwear was in good nick in case you were knocked down by a bus!

I honestly think my gran and mother woulD, in the event of an accident, have put our lives at risk to ensure said underwater was up to scratch!

My sister-in-law married in a big Catholic wedding. She turned up squeezed into - and out of - her dress which was strapless.

I wasn't known to many of the guests so overheard quite a few comments as I seemed invisible. I snorted my "champagne" several times after hearing things like, "Thank the Lord the priest likes boys" (bad taste, but funny at the time), "Jesus! My eyes!" (simple, but effective) and "she looks like an over-stuffed toothpaste tube that someone stepped on" (quite accurate).

These lovely strapless gowns look great in the wedding magazines, but in real life on many of the brides these days? No. Just NO.

We got married in Mauritius many moons ago when we were in our thirties. We had the ceremony and photos in the garden area with further photos on the beach. It was in November so fairly quiet, and the hotel that we stayed at only did one wedding a day. My parents came with us. It suited us as we didn't want a religious ceremony or the expense, we had the wedding and honeymoon in one and then a family party when we came back. So i got the chance to wear my frock again. You did get looked at but probably no more than if you were stood outside a church. But I think it should be about marrying the person you want to be with, the cost of some weddings make your eyes water.

Sounds a beautiful venue but more importantly it was what you and your other half wanted on your wedding day. That's all that matters.

My sister-in-law married in a big Catholic wedding. She turned up squeezed into - and out of - her dress which was strapless.

I wasn't known to many of the guests so overheard quite a few comments as I seemed invisible. I snorted my "champagne" several times after hearing things like, "Thank the Lord the priest likes boys" (bad taste, but funny at the time), "Jesus! My eyes!" (simple, but effective) and "she looks like an over-stuffed toothpaste tube that someone stepped on" (quite accurate).

These lovely strapless gowns look great in the wedding magazines, but in real life on many of the brides these days? No. Just NO.

:mysmilie_15:

Well, if it was 3 in the morning and couldn't sleep, that's a good enough excuse !

Ha ha ha ha ha, I do suffer from insomnia but I would have to get in my car, travel 15 miles to get to Tesco and then even be bothered to buy anything. You can't even buy wine in the middle of the night so no point really :mysmilie_17:

CC

Ha ha ha ha ha, I do suffer from insomnia but I would have to get in my car, travel 15 miles to get to Tesco and then even be bothered to buy anything. You can't even buy wine in the middle of the night so no point really :mysmilie_17:

CC

You can't buy wine in the middle of the night in these 24 hour supermarkets? Really? I'm amazed!

I've done a couple of turns at midnight shopping, but its rubbish. Tripping over storage cages while shelves are being filled, no deli open, cant buy alcohol, no newspapers, pharmacy is shut, no fresh bread or produce.

It IS ok though if you fancy some baked beans on a crumpet or pitta bread - which is usually all that's available !

You can't buy wine in the middle of the night in these 24 hour supermarkets? Really? I'm amazed!

Nope, not in Scotland anyway. It's 10am - 10pm and Auntie Nicola says you need 2 sets of grandparents' consent, your passport and proof of bra size before you can purchase any alcohol. Needless to say we make our own.

CC

In NI the supermarkets have to have an alcohol free checkout available. I have no problems with folk not wanting to buy or take alcohol themselves but why they need their own checkout is beyond me.

Actually it only very very recently that supermarkets could sell alcohol in store - they used to have a separate enterance and till. At Christmas if you bought say a pack with port and cheese you had to go to 2 separate areas of the store.

But then again we didn’t have any Sunday opening until recently.

Latest posts

Back