Denim & Co / Eilidh Nairn / stupid voucher

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
What a dreadful presenter - introducing each promo and advert before it comes up - just sounds so clunky. She's been talking about "florrel" (as opposed to "floral") print. She has zero personality!

What about Denim & Co? They always play that mysterious music that sounds like a slowed-down version of "Boats" by A Man Called Adam. Isn't it just a cheapie brand?

Why do they make the voucher promo so complicated? All they need to say is "get a voucher for 10% to spend with QVC" Why "spend x and get y?" My guess is they are trying to make it a better deal than it actually is. QVC have huge mark-ups! This is peanuts to them - and they're getting the money back as you have to spend the voucher with them so they're not even giving away 10%.

Well J - being a Scot myself, I can recognize immediately that posh, nay upmarket affected accent she has, obviously I dislike her, and what she represents, no way in a hundred years would she be a QVC shopper and for some of those awful clothes she tells us to aspire to. Move over lassie, we are not impressed - well I'm certainly not, she is one of the newer presenters I just cannot warm to and often, as I did tonight, switch over.

She talks rubbish and always looks a complete sight. Who saw her with Ben Di Llisi with a green sequin skirt on with a casual sweatshirt and very pointy heel ankle boots? Horrendous. The tie neck blouse with the Big Top stripey trousers did her no favours either. Sorry, don't like her. Kathryn Goldsmith was on this morning and someone should tell her to STOP SHOUTING.

CC

Well J - being a Scot myself, I can recognize immediately that posh, nay upmarket affected accent she has, obviously I dislike her, and what she represents, no way in a hundred years would she be a QVC shopper and for some of those awful clothes she tells us to aspire to. Move over lassie, we are not impressed - well I'm certainly not, she is one of the newer presenters I just cannot warm to and often, as I did tonight, switch over.

I cannot warm to her either - she has no likeability at all!

Is she the one who was a model. I keep getting her and Alex Kramer mixed up, both equally annoying.

Not keen on Alex Kramer either. What happened to that young woman with the reddish, long Claire Sutton style hair? Is she still around? And what about Marverine? (people seemed not to like her however I thought she was alright).

I liked Marverine but she pulled too many stupid faces of the Anne Dorrington variety, along with the silly voices.

CC

As the new ones get progressively worse the inept ones from a few years ago(Anna, the Irish girl, Marv) dont seem that bad!

Bit like politicians really.

Anna Cookson? She was always trying to be clever. I think she ended up on one of the craft channels a while back. Wasn't Marv a beer expert?

CC

Anna Cookson? She was always trying to be clever. I think she ended up on one of the craft channels a while back. Wasn't Marv a beer expert?

CC

I didn't like Anna Cookson's voice and her floury descriptions. She was a poor man's Susie Dent. This has got me thinking back to former QVC presenters. I liked Katy John - she always seemed quite charming. Suzanne Evett had a nice voice. Kara Tritton was funny and entertaining, as was Paul Lavers. Does anyone remember Gina Bryan and Glenn Thompsett? Or how about Jamoke Fashola (who recently did stints on BBC London 94.9). I'm pretty sure there was a lady called Hilary at one point.

I didn't like Anna Cookson's voice and her floury descriptions. She was a poor man's Susie Dent. This has got me thinking back to former QVC presenters. I liked Katy John - she always seemed quite charming. Suzanne Evett had a nice voice. Kara Tritton was funny and entertaining, as was Paul Lavers. Does anyone remember Gina Bryan and Glenn Thompsett? Or how about Jamoke Fashola (who recently did stints on BBC London 94.9). I'm pretty sure there was a lady called Hilary at one point.

Got me thinking but I think I only remember Paul and Kara Tritton which is surprising as I've watched from the start. I really liked Steve Whately but he sadly passed away.

CC

Latest posts

Back