the email - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: the email

Post Thanks / Like

Free returns via e.g. argos or asda could easily be set up. Other shopping channels do it.

Likes Baloo liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fox View Post
    Good for you Brissles I hope you get a reply and they take notice of the points you have made.It is the P&P charges which is the main reason my shopping with QVC is minimal.It has to be a good value TSV which I really want,try & return, or factor in the costs & I compare with other suppliers.I have just caught a clip of Chuntley going on about the voucher.It is so pathetic I havenít bothered to look at the details.Spend £350 in a short time scale, get a voucher for £35 which has a minimum spend in another short time.What?
    Yes P&P charges big turn off for me but the main reason I dont watch any more is the presenters. As has been said on here many times Asda,Tesco etc don't go on about families,weddings,what books they have written etc when you are checking out your shopping.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpop View Post
    Really excellent. What about adding
    Presenters encouraging you to buy as you can send it back but getting "the letter" if they think you have sent too many back.

The amount of time it takes to receive goods and the length of time it takes to refund if anything is returned. Competitors can send goods for free and quicker.
    Totally!!!!
    Thanks Lemonpop thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Bristles, this is the first I have gone over the email. It is precise, and articulate as well as being in my opinion,honest as to how we in the UK side of this operation is concerned, and I totally agree with you.

It will be interesting to see what if any reply you get from the land which is corporate east coast. They are very popularity driven, and like to say how much they value their consumers, and will go to great lengths to keep customers happy, and above all, loyal.

I lived and worked in a very good job in the USA, Dallas precisely. You and others will have noticed that I occasionally make references to the American woman, to be honest the average American housewife, sorry to say. But, they can never be compared to the UK woman.

My feeling is that if they think QVC presentations of goods and apparel work there it is bound to work here for us grateful Brit women (I need the sick bucket now).

Good luck, I hope you get somewhere, the only thing missing from your email, was the casual “some of the presenters act like Divas”, sorry couldn’t resist

Post Thanks / Like

I have friends in America and a few years ago one visited me with her husband and her then 15 year old daughter. They live in a small town with few stores and a 2 hour drive from the nearest mall. They rely heavily on online and catalogue shopping which is still popular in America by all accounts.
    I asked their daughter what she liked most about the UK and without hesitation her answer was the clothes and that there were so many shops within easy distance and so much choice. They`d visited several places over a 3 week period before arriving at mine
    I know QVC UK have a number of customers who for whatever reason are unable to visit bricks and mortar shops or aren`t computer savvy enough to shop online but sometimes I think QVC presumes we just have to accept what they give us and be happy with it because they think our options are limited elsewhere.
    Likes ohnonotshoppingagain liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

How can any of us not agree with all your excellent comments, Brissles? Although the fashion complaints probably won't hit home because the women in America don't have our High Street choices and much of the dire offerings can be seen on Judge Judy & reality shows etc.

It might be worth mentioning that many of us admire (sucking-up) how QVC US present their shows calmly, the presenters look polished and are relaxed and polite in marked contrast to QVC UK. It would also (sucking-up even more) reflect in our spending!! Think about that Mr Big-in-charge.
    Likes Lemonpop liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry if I missed it as I read it quickly whilst half asleep - receiving returned used goods and from FB it appears that a lot of brand new non returns are arriving in a very poor state (CH bedspreads with the stuffing out etc). All down to the quality control department either having been disbanded or them sitting on their arses scratching themselves all day.
    Likes SisterBliss, Lemonpop liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Lots of good points from everyone. I fear that the email will just be dumped unless it can also be 'got out there' on other platforms. I'm not at all tecchy but I think there must be ways to force a public response.

Post Thanks / Like

Just in response to polished US presenters. There is nowhere in the USA where you could work facing the public and not turn up polished, properly dressed, tidy and with immaculate hair and makeup!

All about public image and perceptions.
    Likes Lemonpop liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Used and worn items being sent out as new. Crikey the list is endless.