Ultrasun TSV 20/3/19

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Smile Ultrasun TSV 20/3/19

There is an Ultrasun TSV on Wednesday 20th March

Post Thanks / Like

Let's get my crystal ball out - ooh it's going to be a piss-dull day of "Ms Lamellar Stripey Tights" and her custard yellow shoes popping up like the fusion of a Jack-in-the box and some crazy TV evangelist, touting a collection of overpriced, overrated suncare products (laced with oil, emulsifiers and aluminium). I predict it will be some family-sized bottles of SPF 30, also available in a tinted / sports gel variant, and with one little Ultralip and a huge vat of aftersun you won't use in your lifetime. Normal price = £120. TSV price = £38.97.

Boots will have Soltan on offer. They always do around this time of year - been buying it for years and it's never let me down.

3. <
    Post Thanks / Like

I have now discovered a brand called Calypso they have a range of 'once a day' products and tan enhaners priced £6-7 per bottle, great reviews on Amazon if anyone may be interested. Great prices in Wilko
    Likes Evie , Tarketta liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Have I seen Calypso in Aldi I the past? I have some Ultrasun in my stash but am on the lookout for new, just as good but cheaper brands.I will not be listening to ‘ I want you to’ Cleeves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marina View Post
    I have now discovered a brand called Calypso they have a range of 'once a day' products and tan enhaners priced £6-7 per bottle, great reviews on Amazon if anyone may be interested. Great prices in Wilko
    I love Calypso stuff - I've never burned whilst using it and it's such good value!

Malibu is another great brand and this online pharmacy can't be beaten on price

https://www.weldricks.co.uk/travel-a...aria/sun-care?
    Thanks SisterBliss thanked for this post
    Likes llloyd , Marina , Evie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Julius View Post
    Let's get my crystal ball out - ooh it's going to be a piss-dull day of "Ms Lamellar Stripey Tights" and her custard yellow shoes popping up like the fusion of a Jack-in-the box and some crazy TV evangelist, touting a collection of overpriced, overrated suncare products (laced with oil, emulsifiers and aluminium). I predict it will be some family-sized bottles of SPF 30, also available in a tinted / sports gel variant, and with one little Ultralip and a huge vat of aftersun you won't use in your lifetime. Normal price = £120. TSV price = £38.97.

Boots will have Soltan on offer. They always do around this time of year - been buying it for years and it's never let me down.
    Julius! Do I detect a double dromedary? You are a wee bit cross these days.

I won't be buying this. Morrisons Factor 50 for a few quid is fine for my very sun sensitive skin.

CC

8. Flower
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fox View Post
    Have I seen Calypso in Aldi I the past? I have some Ultrasun in my stash but am on the lookout for new, just as good but cheaper brands.I will not be listening to ‘ I want you to’ Cleeves.
    I think that Aldi sell Calypso seasonally. I stocked up in Wilko for my next hols and had a chance to test it - so far I was impressed that it's non-greasy, even the tanning oils, and the prices are unbelievable. The aftersun was £3 for a half litre pump bottle and the pump has a lock; one can use it as moisturiser all year round, and it's non-greasy. I also contacted Calypso CS and they were brilliant.
    Thanks SisterBliss thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tarketta View Post
    I love Calypso stuff - I've never burned whilst using it and it's such good value!

Malibu is another great brand and this online pharmacy can't be beaten on price

https://www.weldricks.co.uk/travel-a...aria/sun-care?
    Interesting, I have been wondering about Malibu for a long time now but didn't dare to try it.
    Likes Tarketta liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marina View Post
    Interesting, I have been wondering about Malibu for a long time now but didn't dare to try it.
    Marina, I have light, neutral toned skin which does eventually go brown but I can burn very easily if I don't use a high enough SPF - both these brands have served me very well in some pretty hot and sunny places, so I would highly recommend.

Also, as someone who gets bitten to b*ggery, the Malibu aftersun with insect repellent is AMAZING!
    Thanks llloyd , SisterBliss thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tarketta View Post
    Marina, I have light, neutral toned skin which does eventually go brown but I can burn very easily if I don't use a high enough SPF - both these brands have served me very well in some pretty hot and sunny places, so I would highly recommend.

Also, as someone who gets bitten to b*ggery, the Malibu aftersun with insect repellent is AMAZING!
    Thanks Tarketta, Malibu is now on my list to try it next! Is this as non-greasy as Calypso though?
    Likes Tarketta liked this post