Ultrasun TSV 20/3/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Let's get my crystal ball out - ooh it's going to be a piss-dull day of "Ms Lamellar Stripey Tights" and her custard yellow shoes popping up like the fusion of a Jack-in-the box and some crazy TV evangelist, touting a collection of overpriced, overrated suncare products (laced with oil, emulsifiers and aluminium). I predict it will be some family-sized bottles of SPF 30, also available in a tinted / sports gel variant, and with one little Ultralip and a huge vat of aftersun you won't use in your lifetime. Normal price = £120. TSV price = £38.97.

Boots will have Soltan on offer. They always do around this time of year - been buying it for years and it's never let me down.

I have now discovered a brand called Calypso they have a range of 'once a day' products and tan enhaners priced £6-7 per bottle, great reviews on Amazon if anyone may be interested. Great prices in Wilko

Have I seen Calypso in Aldi I the past? I have some Ultrasun in my stash but am on the lookout for new, just as good but cheaper brands.I will not be listening to ‘ I want you to’ Cleeves.

I have now discovered a brand called Calypso they have a range of 'once a day' products and tan enhaners priced £6-7 per bottle, great reviews on Amazon if anyone may be interested. Great prices in Wilko

I love Calypso stuff - I've never burned whilst using it and it's such good value!

Malibu is another great brand and this online pharmacy can't be beaten on price

https://www.weldricks.co.uk/travel-and-malaria/sun-care?

Let's get my crystal ball out - ooh it's going to be a piss-dull day of "Ms Lamellar Stripey Tights" and her custard yellow shoes popping up like the fusion of a Jack-in-the box and some crazy TV evangelist, touting a collection of overpriced, overrated suncare products (laced with oil, emulsifiers and aluminium). I predict it will be some family-sized bottles of SPF 30, also available in a tinted / sports gel variant, and with one little Ultralip and a huge vat of aftersun you won't use in your lifetime. Normal price = £120. TSV price = £38.97.

Boots will have Soltan on offer. They always do around this time of year - been buying it for years and it's never let me down.

Julius! Do I detect a double dromedary? You are a wee bit cross these days.

I won't be buying this. Morrisons Factor 50 for a few quid is fine for my very sun sensitive skin.

CC

Have I seen Calypso in Aldi I the past? I have some Ultrasun in my stash but am on the lookout for new, just as good but cheaper brands.I will not be listening to ‘ I want you to’ Cleeves.
I think that Aldi sell Calypso seasonally. I stocked up in Wilko for my next hols and had a chance to test it - so far I was impressed that it's non-greasy, even the tanning oils, and the prices are unbelievable. The aftersun was £3 for a half litre pump bottle and the pump has a lock; one can use it as moisturiser all year round, and it's non-greasy. I also contacted Calypso CS and they were brilliant.

Interesting, I have been wondering about Malibu for a long time now but didn't dare to try it.

Marina, I have light, neutral toned skin which does eventually go brown but I can burn very easily if I don't use a high enough SPF - both these brands have served me very well in some pretty hot and sunny places, so I would highly recommend.

Also, as someone who gets bitten to b*ggery, the Malibu aftersun with insect repellent is AMAZING!

Marina, I have light, neutral toned skin which does eventually go brown but I can burn very easily if I don't use a high enough SPF - both these brands have served me very well in some pretty hot and sunny places, so I would highly recommend.

Also, as someone who gets bitten to b*ggery, the Malibu aftersun with insect repellent is AMAZING!

Thanks Tarketta, Malibu is now on my list to try it next! Is this as non-greasy as Calypso though?

Thanks Tarketta, Malibu is now on my list to try it next! Is this as non-greasy as Calypso though?

I've only used the dry oil continuous spray from the Malibu range which I don't think feels greasy and the aftersun is a sort of cooling gel - the only downside to the continuous spray is that the bottle does get used up quite quickly.

Ultrasun TSV 20/03/19

2 SPF 30 Lip & Choose from the following

Family
Family SPF 30 (250ml Tube)
Extreme SPF 50+ (150ml Tube)
Face SPF 50+ (50ml Pump)
Bikini bag one size

Glimmer
Glimmer SPF 20 (250ml Tube)
Body Tan Activator SPF 30 (150ml Tube)
Tinted Face SPF 30 (50ml Pump)
Bikini bag one size

Sport
Sports SPF 20 Gel (250ml Tube)
Sports SPF 30 (150ml Spray)
Face SPF 30 (50ml Tube
Bikini bag one size

I am looking for a new high factor face cream.I have used Ultrasun Anti pigmentation Factor 50 & have still had new pigmentation marks which I am prone to.Maybe these spots have been ‘in the making’ for some time & their appearance is part of the aging process?

Ultrasun 5 Piece Top To Toe Sun Protection Collection TSV 20/03/19

Single
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.237965

Auto-Delivery
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.239392

QVC Price £68.00
Todays Special Value Price £38.98
P&P £4.95

This five-piece selection from Ultrasun comes in three options to suit your needs, with two Lip Protection SPF 30 sticks in each set, plus Family SPF 30 and Extreme SPF 50+ in the Family kit, Glimmer SPF 20, Body Tan Activator SPF 30 and Tinted Face SPF 30 in the Glimmer kit, or Sports SPF 20 and 30 and Face SPF 30 in the Sport kit. Whether youre jetting off with the girls somewhere tropical, exercising outdoors or having a fun-filled family trip, this comprehensive Ultrasun collection will help to ensure you stay protected in the sunshine.

The choice is yours - with these three collections, you’re sure to find the perfect assortment to suit your lifestyle. Go for the Glimmer collection if you want your skin to look even and highlighted while you tan, Family for high face and body coverage for the whole gang, or Sports if you love staying active in the sunshine.

Long-lasting protection - just one application of an SPF from the Ultrasun range provides all day protection - although another application may be required in extreme circumstances - and offers gentle formulas that are suitable for all skin types. With a shelf life of two years after opening for most products, you can keep your skin protected when you’re off the beach and back home.

Stay stocked up - select our Auto Delivery option and receive this great selection twice more every 60 days, at this great price - perfect if you're jetting off multiple times this year!

Can be applied once a day (reapply in extreme circumstances)
All-day protection against UVA and UVB rays
Suitable for all skin types
Free from oils, emulsifiers and perfumes
Can be used for up to two years after opening

All options contain:

2 x Lip Protection SPF 30 (4.8g; stick) - helps to keep your lips feeling hydrated and protected from UV rays. Infused with vitamin E and blackcurrant seed oil
1 x bikini bag - this handy pouch can be used to store wet swimwear or stash your Ultrasun products when you’re heading to the beach or pool

Family option:

1 x Family SPF 30 (250ml; tube) - a gentle, fast-absorbing and non-greasy formula that provides protection for areas which easily catch the sun, and is a great choice for those with sensitive skin
1 x Extreme SPF 50 (150ml; tube) - extreme protection for sensitive skins and children. Offers very high levels of UVA and UVB and sinks into the skin easily, leaving no residue
1 x Extreme Face SPF 50 (50ml; pump) - a great-for-travel pump SPF option to keep your face protected from UV rays

Glimmer option:

1 x Glimmer SPF 20 (250ml; tube) - a fast-absorbing, non-greasy, non-sticky, liposomal UVA and UVB sun protection gel with reflecting pigments to catch the light
1 x Body Tan Activator SPF 30 (150ml; tube) - protects at SPF 30 and contains an innovative natural tan enhancer
1 x Tinted Face SPF 30 (50ml; pump) - designed to provide your complexion with a delicate tint that works as a great base for make-up, while also offering water-resistant sun protection

Sport option:

1 x Sports SPF 20 (250ml; tube) - this gel formulation has been created to protect your skin from UV rays while exercising or staying active in the sunshine, and works to absorb instantly without a greasy residue
1 x Sports SPF 30 (150ml; spray) - great for your gym bag, this lightweight spray offers UVA and UVB protection while working out outdoors or gardening
1 x Face SPF 30 (50ml; tube) - combining the benefits of a hydrating moisturiser and a make-up primer with SPF30, this lightweight cream helps to keep skin protected in the sun, while also working to reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles. Contains ectoin

How to apply:
Body Tan Activator SPF 30, Sports SPF 20 and 30, Family SPF 30, Extreme SPF 50 and Glimmer SPF 20:

Apply to clean dry skin 15 minutes before sun exposure
Avoid contact with eyes and clothes
Re-apply in extreme conditions

Tinted Face SPF 30 and Face SPF 30, Extreme Face SPF 50

Apply to clean, dry skin 15 minutes before sun exposure
Simply use instead of your daily moisturiser for all day protection
Sinks into the skin quickly, allowing for instant make-up application
Avoid contact with eyes and clothes
Reapply in extreme conditions

Lip Protection SPF 30:

Reapply as needed throughout the day
You can also use Lip Protection as a base for lipstick

Please refer to the sun account to make sure you use the right level SPF for your skin and do not exceed the amount of time you can spend in the sun.

2 SPF 30 Lip & Choose from the following

Family
Family SPF 30 (250ml Tube)
Extreme SPF 50+ (150ml Tube)
Face SPF 50+ (50ml Pump)
Bikini bag one size

Glimmer
Glimmer SPF 20 (250ml Tube)
Body Tan Activator SPF 30 (150ml Tube)
Tinted Face SPF 30 (50ml Pump)
Bikini bag one size

Sport
Sports SPF 20 Gel (250ml Tube)
Sports SPF 30 (150ml Spray)
Face SPF 30 (50ml Tube
Bikini bag one size

Poundstretcher has Malibu at the moment inclusive of the mosquito after sun, albeit a small bottle 100 ml but no pnp and at terrific prices (most products £1)
I tried the mosquito after sun on the recommendation here and it was excellent! Got bitten once in a couple of weeks and I think must've failed to cover that area, also the areas I did not apply it to were very dry and it was also an excellent moisturiser. It's very hard to come by it in the shops and was only available online when I was looking for it earlier this year
https://www.poundstretcher.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=malibu&order=relevance&dir=desc

Poundstretcher has Malibu at the moment inclusive of the mosquito after sun, albeit a small bottle 100 ml but no pnp and at terrific prices (most products £1)
I tried the mosquito after sun on the recommendation here and it was excellent! Got bitten once in a couple of weeks and I think must've failed to cover that area, also the areas I did not apply it to were very dry and it was also an excellent moisturiser. It's very hard to come by it in the shops and was only available online when I was looking for it earlier this year
https://www.poundstretcher.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=malibu&order=relevance&dir=desc
I could not decide between the Malibu & the Calypso after sun with insect repellent. Went for the Calypso, still got bitten, will try the Malibu one next time.

Latest posts

Back