Kipling TSV 22/03/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Years ago I was a Kipling No.1 fan & still use my old favourites.They have shot up in price and from what I see on QVC look quite flimsy, not sure the quality is the same?I have bought a couple of Radleys in their sale & although even more expensive are lovely quality and leather.I also have a quilted fabric Radley tote and that is also superior to Kipling for around the same money.

This tsv reminds me of those bags Mums use to carry around their baby stuff. I`m not a Kipling fan, never have been but even i can see how the quality has deteriorated over the years and yet the prices have rocketed.

This tsv reminds me of those bags Mums use to carry around their baby stuff. I`m not a Kipling fan, never have been but even i can see how the quality has deteriorated over the years and yet the prices have rocketed.

The bits I’ve seen on QVC of Kipling the prices have been ridiculous, then I turned the channel over and seen an equally nice nylon bag on The Jewellery Channel” (which I never watch) for £7.99, all that was missing was a ridiculously looking, badly made fluffy monkey.

I've never "got" Kipling although I know loads of folk love them, my friends included. I just bought a sassy canvas holiday bag from Radley for £21 which I really like. I mean I would use a Kipling bag but I don't think they warrant the price tag for what they are.

CC

I have two excellent Kipling bags from the time when Lorraine was the guest. Both have the suitcase handle flap at the back of the bag, which is such a useful facility on the larger bags that I'm surprised its not done anymore, either that or we don't get the models which have it on QVC.

As for the TSV (I'm a sucker for anything mint colour), these larger bags are great if you're working, but I take a much smaller one out with me now if I'm 'lunching' or a shopper at other times. I'm like the Queen - (well with cash at least) I only need some tissues, specs, lippy and purse, and somehow I always find poopy bags in every pocket or bag !!

I like kipping they last forever and are lightweight but the prices are getting so high you could quite easily get a decent leather bag for the same price in the sale ...I have sold most of mine as when I get fed up its easy to get most of your money back.

I have a few Kipling bought years back when they really were built to last. The April City Range my favourite. Then a mix of leather and canvas I bought on eBay they seemed to be US market and brilliant heavy duty but light.

I have a Radley bought back in 2007 and still going strong and bought another direct from Radley at 70% in their sale, yet QVC still had it £50 more and insisting fantastic deal. :mysmilie_17: And it was free shipping and arrived the next day with a free return label if I decided I did not want to keep it.

I bought my Kiplings for peanuts on Vente Privee. Leather purses for around a tenner, large pencil cases for £6, An A4 workbag for £22, weekend wheeled suitcase for £36, and one year my rellies had shoulder bags for xmas at around £15 each - QVC price ? over £50. Well chuffed.

I hate (with a passion) bags which have 2 sets of straps. Yes you can take the long one off but how the heck anyone can carry a cross body bag with 2 mid length straps sticking in and out all over the place is beyond me.

I go for one or the other. In Kipling I now buy smallish backpacks which suits my semi retired lifestyle and have enough fancy bags left from work days that I’ll never need to buy again.

Kipling Cyrille Premium Large Multi Compartment Shoulder Bag
Item Number: 176592
QVC Price £96.00
Todays Special Value Price £57.96
P&P £4.95

Currently only available at QVC, this premium large shoulder bag from Kipling features a spacious design with two shoulder straps, a zip fastening at the top and a detachable, adjustable cross-body strap. Complete with a signature pompom monkey keyring and multiple pockets inside and out, this versatile bag makes the perfect companion for days out or weekends away.

Playful yet practical - this bag's fun design doesn't compromise on practicality, thanks to its large size that offers 30% more room than the original smaller version of this bag. With ample space and plenty of pockets to carry and organise everything you need, this bag is an essential for your everyday life.

Wear it your way - use the adjustable cross-body strap for hands-free convenience while you're out and about or travelling, or wear it over your shoulder when you're popping to the shops - the choice is yours with this versatile bag.

A colour to suit you - offering you five different shades to choose from, all you have to do is select the colour that best suits your style. Go for Active Grey, True Blue or Alabaster for a versatile staple shade that will match anything in your wardrobe, or give your look a fun pop of colour with the Mint or Lemon options.

Triple compartment design with zipped compartment in the middle and hook and loop fastenings on either side
Branded badge on the front
Outer pockets: 3 x zipped
Inner pockets: 1 x slip, 1 x zip
Zip and hook and loop fastenings
Outer: 100% polyamide; lining: 100% polyester
Bag (h x w x d): 26.5cm x 32cm x 19cm (10.4" x 12.6" x 7.5")
Strap drop: 42cm - 181cm (16.5" - 71.3")
Handle drop: 25cm - 57cm (9.8" - 22.4")

All measurements are approximate

Colour options:

True Blue - comes with blue Ille monkey keyring and features blue straps and taupe lining
Active Grey - comes with grey Chloe monkey keyring and features grey straps and taupe lining
Mint - comes with taupe June monkey keyring and features off-white and taupe straps and taupe lining
Lemon - comes with taupe June monkey keyring and features off-white and taupe straps and off-white and taupe polka dot lining
Alabaster - comes with taupe June monkey keyring and features off-white and taupe straps and off-white and taupe polka dot lining

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.176592

The colours are pretty uninteresting, the yellow and green are insipid, those colours need to zing not look like something washed out.

I think MF is a lovely girl and very professional no matter how silly the presenters are being but I do get a bit annoyed when she says a particular bag is such good value as it is cheaper than some of the Kipling purses. I shout at the TV + that’s because your purses are ****** overpriced,not because the bag is cheap!

How long before chuntley mentions being a vegan so Kipling is now her go to bag? The last show she said she no longer BUYS leather (but will continue to use her beloved leather LG).

In the previous Honora show she read out twats from her “very best friend Stephen”. who loves pearls.

Pass the bucket.

Latest posts

Back