Awful voice-over person

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Seems a lot of the promos are voiced by that woman with a very nasal voice. Just heard the "Coming up on Thursday" ad. Can't stand it! They always seem to use her or that other one that sounds as though she's smiling artificially whilst talking. Absolutely terrible the both of them.

The one who smiles and talks really gets on my nerves, is she sharing a private joke with the sound-man or trying to create a bond with the listener ?

The one who smiles and talks really gets on my nerves, is she sharing a private joke with the sound-man or trying to create a bond with the listener ?

Who knows? She probably is employing a cheap trick to make herself seem endearing. Doesn't work as it sounds so fake.

The one who does the "Spring Fashion" voice-over has to be the worst. "Styand tyalllll, thyis eeeyees yorrrrrrrrr myow-ment!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Julius, maybe you should do the intros. "Coming up, some blowsy, wrinkly old tart trying to flog you suckers some unbelievably overpriced tat". The worst ones are always the Christmas ones, especially that one on the carousel, especially as we see/hear them from the end of September onwards.

CC

Julius, maybe you should do the intros. "Coming up, some blowsy, wrinkly old tart trying to flog you suckers some unbelievably overpriced tat". The worst ones are always the Christmas ones, especially that one on the carousel, especially as we see/hear them from the end of September onwards.

CC

Ah yes, the carousel with that sickly: "And we climb right up to the top...again..." song. I believe that's the one with Mummy sifting icing sugar over her lovely sponge cake in her pristine granite-topped kitchen as she looks wistfully at her perfect children cosying up with their toys in front of a roaring inglenook fireplace. I think they should change that one and have "On a Carousel" (The Hollies) as the music. Then the narrative should change. Mummy doses up little Jack and Jemima with sedatives so she could entertain her friends from the bridge club in the parlour, then little Jack wakes up and injures himself when he falls off the chaise-longue, and Mummy has to invent a ridiculous story so as not to be questioned by Social Services and lose face in front of her posh friends.

Ah yes, the carousel with that sickly: "And we climb right up to the top...again..." song. I believe that's the one with Mummy sifting icing sugar over her lovely sponge cake in her pristine granite-topped kitchen as she looks wistfully at her perfect children cosying up with their toys in front of a roaring inglenook fireplace. I think they should change that one and have "On a Carousel" (The Hollies) as the music. Then the narrative should change. Mummy doses up little Jack and Jemima with sedatives so she could entertain her friends from the bridge club in the parlour, then little Jack wakes up and injures himself when he falls off the chaise-longue, and Mummy has to invent a ridiculous story so as not to be questioned by Social Services and lose face in front of her posh friends.

But how true!!!

Latest posts

Back