What a useless demo

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I've just watched the 20 minute demo of the Ninja Foodi because I wanted to know what it was.

The demo was useless. All they did was throw ingredients into it, then go to "here's one I made earlier" with the usual tastings and "oohs and aahs" about how delicious it was.

They kept saying things like "you use the crisper lid" or "use the pressure lid" or use this that or the other bit of it, but absolutely no explanation of it, such as showing the components and how to use them.

So all I know after 20 minutes of watching the demo, is that it will cook food, and I will go "aah, delicious" when I eat it.

That is how they always do the demo for kitchen electrical stuff.

They didn't in the early days of QVC, they EXPLAINED the items, and showed the various parts of it, and how to use it.

As I said, all they did was shove lots of ingredients into it, then said "here's one I prepared earlier, just like Blue Peter used to do, but that was intended for children!

The Ghost dresses, not cheap £100+, crushed and creased on the models and Ann Dawson. Very, very poor presentation. The were pretty dire and needed all the help they could get.

I remember that "pointless demos" thread had some hilarious posts in. Ann Dawson's become quite thin and gaunt of late.

Anne was on the other day and scoffed her way through a whole cooking show so if she's thin it's not because she's not eating!

CC

The Ghost dresses, not cheap £100+, crushed and creased on the models and Ann Dawson. Very, very poor presentation. The were pretty dire and needed all the help they could get.

Are these the Ghost dresses which are bias cut satin? Just right for showing every lump and bump which is what we all want and even on the skinniest of individuals they still look awful.

You can get some great information from you tube reviews, especially the independent reviewers who point out the cons as well as the pros.

Are these the Ghost dresses which are bias cut satin? Just right for showing every lump and bump which is what we all want and even on the skinniest of individuals they still look awful.

Yes SF, one style was very 40’s. The pattern on one was cut in half right down the middle, looked very odd.

Alexis Murdoch from L'Occitane is currently on - and it's taken her all of about 2 minutes to get her glass mixing bowl of water and start lathering her hands in liquid soap. So pointless as I'm sure we all know what a bit of soap looks like when it's lathered up. I just called QVC now and they could not explain to me why she does it. The point I tried to make is that she could get any old common or garden Savon de Marseille and lather it up and it would look almost exactly the same! She could get Fairy liquid or baby shampoo and lather that up and we'd be non the wiser. If she didn't do the perpetual lathering it almost certainly would make no material difference to her pitch or sales figures overall. As usual QVC did their usual thing of saying they will feed this information back - (like that's going to do anything) - it was just a way of trying to placate me and end the call - they're not actually really going to do anything about it, are they?

Alexis Murdoch from L'Occitane is currently on - and it's taken her all of about 2 minutes to get her glass mixing bowl of water and start lathering her hands in liquid soap. So pointless as I'm sure we all know what a bit of soap looks like when it's lathered up. I just called QVC now and they could not explain to me why she does it. The point I tried to make is that she could get any old common or garden Savon de Marseille and lather it up and it would look almost exactly the same! She could get Fairy liquid or baby shampoo and lather that up and we'd be non the wiser. If she didn't do the perpetual lathering it almost certainly would make no material difference to her pitch or sales figures overall. As usual QVC did their usual thing of saying they will feed this information back - (like that's going to do anything) - it was just a way of trying to placate me and end the call - they're not actually really going to do anything about it, are they?

No they aren't, J. But the lathering is to show us the brand experience(sorry).

Selling a lifestyle, etc. So much of selling is to hit the right emotions etc, that's why the blaggers/bragarts sorry bloggers have all that fake **** in the background of their 'studios'. To suggest a lifestyle. Buy stuff =have my life. We need to be wise to it, but 70% of the public are not. You should do a piece about it in the paper. So many places you could go with it, truly.

Latest posts

Back