Joules TSV 25/3/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yippee :mysmilie_8:

But don’t do it too much now and please don’t resort to shops own as well Q

Hope it's wellies as mine have split and I need new ones. The split ones were Joules, however, and I thought they might have lasted a bit longer than just out of the guarantee (of course).

CC

Hope it's wellies as mine have split and I need new ones. The split ones were Joules, however, and I thought they might have lasted a bit longer than just out of the guarantee (of course).

CC

How long did you have them, CC, & what were they like? How much were they? Did you use & store them normally? I fancy myself as a welly pro having been around horses most of my life (the 2 go hand in hand, I feel)

Note to add that I don't think it'd be wellies, (Q demographic/townies) unless wellies did a Birkenstock & became high fash. If it was wellies I bet they'd be Q specials & 'we all know what that means' ...

Last edited:
I got them for Christmas 2017. I think mum got them from Amazon and they split in January of this year, round the toes and one has gone across the front of the shin as well. Stored them indoors under the stairs. Guaranteed for a year but they were a couple of months past it. To be fair I had worn them non stop for dog walking in woods/fields so I suppose they got more than average use. The boring green Dunlop ones I have had for years are still going strong.

I'm sorry for perceived dimness DG, but I don't understand the post. I enjoyed the picture though.

Oh no don’t be sorry it’s silly me.

I was meaning stupidly I was pleased there was another Joules TSV but since there had only just been one, don’t make them like buses and let them get very samey like Q are guilty of doing.
And also not to make them like QVC shops own, taking the inspiration from their usual Q cookie cut designs.
With making them only made for Q and therefore away from the Joules design/style model, with allowing the quality to suffer, in aid of profit for QVC.

Thanks for that Dream Girl, I feel one of their leather bags coming my way, maybe not now but sometime! Have several Joules tops especially like the Staunton they are so comfy.

I got them for Christmas 2017. I think mum got them from Amazon and they split in January of this year, round the toes and one has gone across the front of the shin as well. Stored them indoors under the stairs. Guaranteed for a year but they were a couple of months past it. To be fair I had worn them non stop for dog walking in woods/fields so I suppose they got more than average use. The boring green Dunlop ones I have had for years are still going strong.

That's not good enough. If you wrote (not emailed) & complain I'm sure they'd offer something....

I think the guarantee said you had to return them in the original packaging and considering they came in a box the size of a boardroom table there was not much chance I would keep it. I'm going off to look at the 25% off that someone has posted. I'm afraid I just don't complain enough (unless Mr CC drinks the last glass of wine in the house when we have a fridge full of beer that I don't drink lol).

CC

Thanks both, I just couldn't see it, in fact I didn't get to the home page the site was just going straight to a product page. Anyway the code works, now I just have to see if I can click and collect. Looks like Edinburgh is my nearest location which is ridiculous considering Edinburgh is a city and I live in the country! Surely Joules is a countryside brand? Who wears printed wellies walking along Princes Street??? So I get £11 off but need to make a 90 mile round trip to pick them up or pay £4 delivery. Yes I know, I know, it's only £4 but now it just makes me think do I need new wellies. I'm having a bad mood morning.

CC

Thanks both, I just couldn't see it, in fact I didn't get to the home page the site was just going straight to a product page. Anyway the code works, now I just have to see if I can click and collect. Looks like Edinburgh is my nearest location which is ridiculous considering Edinburgh is a city and I live in the country! Surely Joules is a countryside brand? Who wears printed wellies walking along Princes Street??? So I get £11 off but need to make a 90 mile round trip to pick them up or pay £4 delivery. Yes I know, I know, it's only £4 but now it just makes me think do I need new wellies. I'm having a bad mood morning.

CC

John Lewis are price matching Joules discount

CC

Free post over £49 if that’s of help

John Lewis are price matching Joules discount

Oh heck after Joules outlet shopping the other week, 25% discount website order last night.
Now find a sold out sweatshirt is available from John Lewis in my size :mysmilie_506::mysmilie_465::whew:

I could get the tall wellies from JL, same deal for 50p less postage, ha ha ha, am I that tight? Or free postage if I buy something else ho hum, ho hum so then where's the saving. Thank you everyone for your help. I am going to mull it over and probably just buy the item from Joules before Monday. Or blow the money on a takeaway, 2 bottles of wine and a trip to the pub tomorrow :mysmilie_3:

CC

I could get the tall wellies from JL, same deal for 50p less postage, ha ha ha, am I that tight? Or free postage if I buy something else ho hum, ho hum so then where's the saving. Thank you everyone for your help. I am going to mull it over and probably just buy the item from Joules before Monday. Or blow the money on a takeaway, 2 bottles of wine and a trip to the pub tomorrow :mysmilie_3:

CC

I'd look on ebay. I'm not proud if they're good, only been worn once or twice & come from a 'clean' sounding address (ha!) I often snoop at what else a vendor is selling to get an idea of the setup. Hunter's are fab but became even more ££££ after Kate etal wore them to Glasto. They last & last.
I really hate it when I've been wearing something for years & then they become trendy & therefore expensive. For me it was Converse All star baseball boots, Birkenstock's & Hunter's. Oh, & Stan Smith type trainers.....Bah.

Latest posts

Back