Joules TSV 25/3/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Joules mid season Sale Now if it’s of interest on their web site - wellies are reduced

Look how long they are on the models! That would be a maxi dress on me which might be OK as long as it was in proportion, which seeing as it's a midi, isn't that likely. For me that's a weird length for a T-shirt dress even if you're tall.

CC

After the last TSV when I received 3 tops in medium but all with different measurements I don’t think I will bother.

I do like Joules tops, this dress is a no no for me.I would have thought it would be a difficult shape for so many to wear?

Joules Anita Sleeveless Jersey Dress with Tie Neck Detail
Item Number: 175500
QVC Price £42.00
Todays Special Value Price £33.00
P&P £3.95

This sleeveless Anita maxi dress from Joules comes in a soft, 100% cotton jersey fabric and features a V-neckline with corset-style lace fastening, plus a relaxed fit. Offered in a selection of fresh summery prints, this stylish dress will be perfect for when the warmer weather sets in.

Your summer wardrobe sorted - versatile and easy to wear, the casual design of this maxi dress will work well with crisp, white trainers for a laidback daytime look. Or, go chic and add a splash of glamour with metallic strappy sandals and shimmering jewellery for a dressier occasion.

Only at QVC - the selection of colours and prints have been designed especially for you and you won't find them anywhere on the high street. Choose the Lemon or Navy Multi for a fresh floral touch or go for the Navy Stripe or Blue Multi options to add stripes into the mix.

Double turned hemline
100% cotton
Machine washable at 30C

Colour options:

Lemon Multi - floral
Blue Multi - stripes and floral
Navy Stripe - striped
Navy Multi - floral

Garment measurements:

Chest: 8: 80cm (31.5"), 10: 85cm (33.5"), 12: 90cm (35.5"), 14: 96cm (38"), 16: 102cm (40"), 18: 110cm (43"), 20: 116cm (45.5")
Hip: 8: 90cm (35.5"), 10: 95cm (37.5"), 12: 100cm (39.5"), 14: 106cm (42"), 16: 112cm (44"), 18: 120cm (47"), 20: 126cm (49.5")
Length: 8: 118cm (45"), 10: 119cm (47"), 12: 120cm (47"), 14: 121cm (47.5"), 16: 122cm (48"), 18: 124cm (49"), 20: 125cm (49")

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.175500

Well the guest was on about how the whole Joules design team go on some sort of inspiration trip each year - sounds like a v nice jolly! This year they all headed to North Norfolk - Wells Next the Sea specifically - and all sat on beach sketching away, apparently..!
Apparently they even went flower-pressing this year!

I love Wells but not sure how exactly it inspired any of the prints I've seen so far?! And they're all v much of a much/ness (stripes plus dots plus florals..!)

But at least they put thought into their fabric designs and think they're exclusive to them... Don't see any similarities to Kim & Co tbh so don't think they've come from same warehouse this time!

Not watched QVC properly for ages (been too ill plus lost interest in it!) but I had the tsv hour on in the night.

I can't bear Jill and she's done her old trick of wearing the TSV dress with a load of bull-dog clips to pull it in! She's not made any attempt to hide the fact either, having turned her back almost fully to screen once or twice! The smallest size is an 8 so I reckon she's smaller than a 6!

She sounds as if she's bored out of her brain! Maybe because the guest is quite serious/earnest.
She's sharing her usual wonderful insights/stories..! She started talking about a jumper she's had for 20 "honestly, I'm not lying" and goes everywhere with her.. It's not even a joules top so was completely irrelevant.
And "I think yellow is great".

The guest looks nice and gives loads of detail etc which makes a change.

But then she suggested the tsv dress could be worn for a WEDDING?! Now that I would love to see! ;)
Maybe Julia should buy a few as bridesmaids dresses?!

Must admit I can’t stand JF either, I just turned on to have a look and yes she’s got a face like a slapped arse. It’s obvious she’s got something pulling that dress in and I wonder why she’s allowed to get away with it, I mean Fibby Flint wouldn’t be allowed to let it out (or would she?) She’s probably miserable because it’s not expensive, designer or an expensive designer bag. It’s funny how she seems to think she’s flown in from L.A. leaving her celebrity A lister friends to present a TSV on QVC in Chiswick. I’ve had enough of her now, never watch long enough to see if she ever finishes a sentence before starting a new one, over the channel goes.

Dare I say it I really like the yellow one but its the length. Either has to be knee length or full length, anything in between knee and ankle (especially calf length) makes my legs look 3 inches long. It's a shame as it would be great for my wee trip to Spain next week.

CC

I don`t like the look of that fabric, it looks kind of porous if you get my drift, like it`s a slack weave. I wonder how it would wash ? Someone on Q`s facebook page commented she bought one the same or similar from Joules and after just a few washes it`s looking rough. For not far off £40 incl p and p it doesn`t look worth the money in my opinion.

I agree, you'll be able to pick up T shirt dresses everywhere in a couple of weeks for half this price or less and the prints are often look alikes of the more expensive ranges.

CC

the cut of the bust and hip is very skimpy. not one model looks good in it. a shame as I love joules and the prints are nice for the summer

Dare I say it I really like the yellow one but its the length. Either has to be knee length or full length, anything in between knee and ankle (especially calf length) makes my legs look 3 inches long. It's a shame as it would be great for my wee trip to Spain next week.

CC

I didn't dislike the dress myself and think it would be perfect for a holiday, it was just the idea of it at a wedding?!
The sunny yellow print looked nice and I think the dress looked better on the models with some curves (rather than bull-dog clips!

But I'm not sure who the length suits really. I'm 5'10" and I think it would just look as if I've bought a maxi dress that isn't long enough!

Sure you'll find something similar if you have a look around although it is a bit early for holiday wear I suppose, just feels as if there are always variations on a stripey tshirt dress in the shops.
Hope uou have a good trip when you go!

Oh just a thought... I think I'm about 15/20 years below their target market but my mum was telling me that Cotton Traders have some nice dresses on their website (some dodgy ones too!), including t shirt type and a travel range? May be worth a look. Don't be offended if you're a trendy Wendy!

Latest posts

Back