Joules TSV 25/3/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As my 70 something Auntie buys from Cotton Traders (and Mr CC) and my 80 something mum refuses because they are too frumpy lol, I have to admit that I do like their linen blend tops. Perfect for hot weather and the sizing is good for me. Nice fabric too, none of the sweaty, stretchy stuff we get from QVC. Some of the summer range is quite like Joules with flowers and stripes.

As a rule though, I still consider myself a bit young for most of Cotton Traders ladies things but the Birkenstock look alikes they had a year or so ago were superb value and I've still got them. They often do coupons for money off or free delivery as well. Bargains to be had if you look.

I`m off to Turkey in June and it will be very hot so anything polyester is a big no no. I recently bought 2 linen/viscose mix shift dresses from Bon Marche. One was £28 and the other £25 and then I got 20% off plus free delivery. They are lovely dresses, good quality fabric, easy fit, not too short ( and I`m quite tall )and not at all clingy. Their 20% discount starts again on Tuesday for a few days.

Dare I say it I really like the yellow one but its the length. Either has to be knee length or full length, anything in between knee and ankle (especially calf length) makes my legs look 3 inches long. It's a shame as it would be great for my wee trip to Spain next week.

CC

Where in Spain? I'm well jel.

As my 70 something Auntie buys from Cotton Traders (and Mr CC) and my 80 something mum refuses because they are too frumpy lol, I have to admit that I do like their linen blend tops. Perfect for hot weather and the sizing is good for me. Nice fabric too, none of the sweaty, stretchy stuff we get from QVC. Some of the summer range is quite like Joules with flowers and stripes.

As a rule though, I still consider myself a bit young for most of Cotton Traders ladies things but the Birkenstock look alikes they had a year or so ago were superb value and I've still got them. They often do coupons for money off or free delivery as well. Bargains to be had if you look.

I totally agree in general I take great pleasure in recycling the catalogue when it falls through my door - not before a snigger at the dodgy length skirts you wouldn't find anywhere else and the sweaters...

I'm 40 and my Ma is a trendy 60-year-old who usually shops at Apricot and Topshop, but she's always taught me not to dismiss things as you never know where you may find something cool (clothes as well as homeware etc.) Admisttendly you have to look hard at cotton traders but I've got a linen shift dress of theirs!

Oh and I recently bought a yellow floral short-ish Bardot summer dress from Matalan (it's viscose not jersey but could look summery in Seville you lucky thing?!)

I totally agree in general I take great pleasure in recycling the catalogue when it falls through my door - not before a snigger at the dodgy length skirts you wouldn't find anywhere else and the sweaters...

I'm 40 and my Ma is a trendy 60-year-old who usually shops at Apricot and Topshop, but she's always taught me not to dismiss things as you never know where you may find something cool (clothes as well as homeware etc.) Admisttendly you have to look hard at cotton traders but I've got a linen shift dress of theirs!

Oh and I recently bought a yellow floral short-ish Bardot summer dress from Matalan (it's viscose not jersey but could look summery in Seville you lucky thing?!)

I have a lovely reversible top from Cotton Traders that I have had for years. It is a bit big on me at the moment as I have lost weight, but I am sure will fit again fine when I start to give in and eat more.

I got one of those Australian design rain coats from Cotton Traders and it's brilliant.

I don't like the look of the material on the yellow TSV dress. Not all cotton is equal and that looks poor quality and easily creasing. Not the cheapest by any means but Gudrun Sjolden does some lovely soft organic cotton pieces, in between the dodgy folk and eco warrior stuff.

Replying to myself (sorry!) to apologise for typos, am always typing on tiny phone and there is also usually some sort of lag so that by the time I finish typing a word, the text hasn't caught up with me!

Also to add, I didn't insert a link one has just generated itself over the word Matalan which is a bit spooky/odd! But it's not for the item I was talking about, so may as well post that here in case of interest. It's only £10 but definitely a holiday item I think?

https://www.matalan.co.uk/product/detail/s2709945_c03n/floral-viscose-bardot-dress-yellow

And since I went to find that link, spotted they do a nice top in same fabric and a mid length wrap skirt complete with a flamenco style frill! Also a long viscose stripey jersey maxi skirt with splits, which you could add a bright top to and create a look a bit like the Joules dress only cheaper and with a better fit...

Noticed Tu have a holiday shop section open now too...

Sorry ignore me, think I must be living out my holiday shopping fantasies vicariously! ;)

A sneaky little getaway to Seville with a friend. Mr CC is dog sitting he he he he :mysmilie_48:

CC

Oh Lordy....I'm recalling the time I went away for about 2 weeks sans Mr B. My Dad had Obie, (!) all mr B had to look after was the cat & the house. The washing machine & dishwasher were traumatised...... (thank goodness the cat was not) nuff said.

Have a nice time :mysmilie_17: I think it'll be pretty hot, btw.

Replying to myself (sorry!) to apologise for typos, am always typing on tiny phone and there is also usually some sort of lag so that by the time I finish typing a word, the text hasn't caught up with me!

Also to add, I didn't insert a link one has just generated itself over the word Matalan which is a bit spooky/odd! But it's not for the item I was talking about, so may as well post that here in case of interest. It's only £10 but definitely a holiday item I think?

https://www.matalan.co.uk/product/detail/s2709945_c03n/floral-viscose-bardot-dress-yellow

And since I went to find that link, spotted they do a nice top in same fabric and a mid length wrap skirt complete with a flamenco style frill! Also a long viscose stripey jersey maxi skirt with splits, which you could add a bright top to and create a look a bit like the Joules dress only cheaper and with a better fit...

Noticed Tu have a holiday shop section open now too...

Sorry ignore me, think I must be living out my holiday shopping fantasies vicariously! ;)

How do the sizes run in the dress, please TLL?

How do the sizes run in the dress, please TLL?

I would say true to size or a perhaps bit generous?
I'm a size 10 fairly standard (occasionally 10-12 on the bottom) and a bought a 10...

I carry more of my weight on my lower half and because of the style it hangs so will accommodate a slightly more generous hip and bottom if that makes sense?

From the reviews a few people said generous fit, but not so much as they've sized down I don't think (and one contrary woman says she sized up?!), it's perhaps just more drapey.

Hope you like it if you go for it!

The Joules dress looks too long in the waist, it pulls across the backs of even the tall models. If they shortened it slightly the extra width would fit slightly higher on the hips, the widest part.

Oh Lordy....I'm recalling the time I went away for about 2 weeks sans Mr B. My Dad had Obie, (!) all mr B had to look after was the cat & the house. The washing machine & dishwasher were traumatised...... (thank goodness the cat was not) nuff said.

Have a nice time :mysmilie_17: I think it'll be pretty hot, btw.

Looking forward to hot as I'm sick of wearing 6 jumpers. I go away now and again and leave Mr CC. I know the dog will be well cared for. I know no dishes will be done although we have a dishwasher. I know I will be ankle deep in crumbs when I return. I know the bed will not have been made for as long as I've been away. I know lots of beer and pies will have been consumed. I know the list of tasks left for him to do will be attempted 2 nano seconds before he leaves to pick me up from the airport on my return.

Men.

CC

Latest posts

Back