ALDI beauty spots - online now.. - Page 11

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

People arenít stupid and know if theyíre buying the real thing or not, the likes of Aldi make similar packaging so the buyer knows what itís item is similar to, that and the fact £30 for a hand wash compared to a virtually identical and better £1.50 is usually a big give away.

Likes Lemonpop, Vienna liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
    People aren’t stupid and know if they’re buying the real thing or not, the likes of Aldi make similar packaging so the buyer knows what it’s item is similar to, that and the fact £30 for a hand wash compared to a virtually identical and better £1.50 is usually a big give away.
    Course it is Shopper. I don't have a problem buying knock offs,as long as the quality is ok. There is a Beauty shop at Lakeside,Doncaster that has an under eye concealer that is very like the Soap and Glory and a concealer very like Touche Eclat for a fraction of the cost. If they are ok I will continue to buy. No way will I pay the price for Jo Malone diffusers when the Aldi ones are as good as they are.
    Likes shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve had various skincare items from Aldi, some I loved and have bought again and some I disliked but for what they charge it`s always worth taking a punt on them. If they can make something of good quality for the prices they charge and are willing to have and to pay for their products certified with the leaping bunny then it`s win win in my opinion. How many huge brands have their stuff made under the same roof and by the same Mother companies as high street brands but charge over the odds for them, all because of the name or packaging. Plus so few of them are cruelty free.
    I recall watching a documentary a while ago which showed the biggest cosmetic manufacturing factory in the World. It`s in FRance and owned by L`Oreal and they make skincare and cosmetics all in the same place for a multitude of brands and their labs do the research for all these brands too.
    Thanks Lemonpop, shopperholic thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpop View Post
    Course it is Shopper. I don't have a problem buying knock offs,as long as the quality is ok. There is a Beauty shop at Lakeside,Doncaster that has an under eye concealer that is very like the Soap and Glory and a concealer very like Touche Eclat for a fraction of the cost. If they are ok I will continue to buy. No way will I pay the price for Jo Malone diffusers when the Aldi ones are as good as they are.
    The Aldi reed diffusers are the best I've ever bought in any price range. Their dupe of JM's Lime, Basil and Mandarin is gorgeous. I realise that I've only got a small bathroom but I can smell it every time I go in there (which didn't always happen with more expensive ones).
    Likes candycane, shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMarple View Post
    The Aldi reed diffusers are the best I've ever bought in any price range. Their dupe of JM's Lime, Basil and Mandarin is gorgeous. I realise that I've only got a small bathroom but I can smell it every time I go in there (which didn't always happen with more expensive ones).
    This is interesting, I bought the Rose one in the black box and both I and my husband couldn't smell much of the scent it was almost non existent.
    Thanks AndiK thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I agree, the smell is gorgeous and lingers for ages.
    Likes AndiK liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I agree, the smell is gorgeous and lingers for ages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marina View Post
    This is interesting, I bought the Rose one in the black box and both I and my husband couldn't smell much of the scent it was almost non existent.
    I haven’t tried the Rose but I do love the LBM diffuser and also have a small bathroom where it works perfectly. I stocked up after discovering it through this forum (the naughty person who makes me buy from Aldi and Ideal World knows who they are!). Anyway, I gave one to a friend of mine to try. She often gets the Jo Malone one as a Christmas gift from work (huge but over £60, I believe) as I wanted her to see and compare. I think it must have been a duff because it’s in her downstairs loo which is definitely small and the smell is faint to non-existent. Weird. I must try the Pomegranate one I have somewhere.
    Likes Marina , shopperholic liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well I`ve used the 3 step skincare box they`re selling and also the moisture boost face cream and both were really good but a clear winner is the moisture boost cream. It`s a light gel like consistency , non greasy, easily absorbs and has left my face feeling smooth and moisturised but without tackiness or oily finish. I`m certainly going to buy more of it whilst they have stock and the 3 step skincare box will be handy for my forthcoming holiday so I`ll buy another of those too.
    Thanks Marina , shopperholic thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndiK View Post
    I haven’t tried the Rose but I do love the LBM diffuser and also have a small bathroom where it works perfectly. I stocked up after discovering it through this forum (the naughty person who makes me buy from Aldi and Ideal World knows who they are!). Anyway, I gave one to a friend of mine to try. She often gets the Jo Malone one as a Christmas gift from work (huge but over £60, I believe) as I wanted her to see and compare. I think it must have been a duff because it’s in her downstairs loo which is definitely small and the smell is faint to non-existent. Weird. I must try the Pomegranate one I have somewhere.
    Likes AndiK liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Do Aldi have Elemis dupes, by the way?

Likes shopperholic liked this post