Michael Perry's Garden TSV 31/03/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

well candycane i have to say i have never seen a lily beetle either and have grown lilies over the year maybe its the areas of country who knows unless the little beggers were hiding from me:giggle:

I have had problems with them for well over a decade. they literally strip the plant bare of all its leaves and flowers when they get a chance. maybe now I have birds in my garden they might just eat the blighters

Mont Rose 20 x Large Freesia Scented Hybrid Lily Bulbs
Item Number: 518150
QVC Price £28.00
Todays Special Value Price £19.99
P&P £0.00

These Freesia-Scented Lilies from Mont Rose come in a set of twenty bulbs and feature ten each of Cali and Triumphator varieties, which both boast large tubular flowers that grow up to 20cm (7.9") long. A stunning addition to your garden, these beautiful yet hardy lilies can be planted into pots or borders and are ideal for cutting and bringing into your home.

Fast to flower - you can admire these lilies' gorgeous blooms just twelve weeks after planting them, as they're quick to burst into flower and grow more and more each year. Each bulb produces a stem with two to four flowers on it, making them an abundant addition to your garden that you won't have to wait a long time to enjoy.

A treat for the senses - these lilies produce a gorgeous scent similar to freesias, which is lighter than the heady fragrance of regular oriental lilies, so you can enjoy the smell of them as well as the look every time you walk by.

Versatile planting options - these hardy bulbs can be grown anywhere you like and planted in your borders, against walls and fences or in large pots on your patio. They're even ideal for cutting, so you can bring them inside and enjoy their beauty and fragrance in your home.

Two in one - offering you two different varieties, this collection includes Cali lilies, which feature pure white flowers delicately blushed in pale pink, and Triumphator lilies, which feature white blooms with a vibrant wine-red centre. This mix will give your garden interest and dimension, wherever you choose to plant them.

Perennial
Flowering period: summer, 12 - 14 weeks after planting
Aspect: full sun or part shade
Soil type: moist, well-drained
Mature size (h x w): 110cm - 150cm x 25cm (43.3" - 59" x 9.8")

Contains:

10 x Cali lilies (14cm - 16cm bulbs) - with freesia-scented waxy white flowers with blushed pink centres
10 x Triumphator lilies (14cm - 16cm bulbs) - with freesia-scented white flowers with wine-red centres

Delivered directly from Mont Rose: please allow 7 - 10 working days for delivery to UK Mainland, including Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands.

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.518150

Last year I bought a lily in a pot from Asda, £3.99. It was fully grown and already bore several small buds. Well it was glorious - the buds developed into stunning dark pink fragrant flowers.

I stopped growing lilies in my back garden years ago due to the dreaded beetle. I stopped growing plants that snails & slugs like too.

I digress now, but gardening is my favourite summer pastime !
Anyway I noticed that there were no slugs or snails in my front garden so I took the chance with hostas out there - they were untouched all summer. Flushed with this success I put the Asda lily out front too, hoping that the lily beetle would absent too. Another success - lily completely un-touched.

I don’t think there’s a need for a QVC presenter to work alongside Michael Perry. He is fine on his own and also good with guests, asking useful questions and clarifying points made.

Watch out, Lillies are poisonous to cats.

Exactly SB. Yet again there isn't any information on the website, I never watch the tv 'shows' but I can't imagine that the market trader gave out a warning. What an awful company.

I love lilies and have several pots with them around the garden. They get moved as they flower so I've always got the scent by my back door. I've definitely got beetles, though. I've rarely seen them and the moment they think they're rumbled they drop into the soil. Little buggers. OH is quicker than me and stronger, too, so tips the pot up and stamps on them!

I also have loads of lavender but I think I found one of those rosemary beetles last year :sweat:

Most of my plants are scented. It's a pleasure to wander around with all the wonderful smells of nature - I'll even brave it at dusk when I'm being eaten alive to breathe in the honeysuckle and jasmine.

I also love the smell of the newly dipped sheep in the field behind (yes, I'm weird). Does anyone here have a wool duvet? I'm sure I get the occasional whiff of live sheep when I fluff it up.

I love lilies and have several pots with them around the garden. They get moved as they flower so I've always got the scent by my back door. I've definitely got beetles, though. I've rarely seen them and the moment they think they're rumbled they drop into the soil. Little buggers. OH is quicker than me and stronger, too, so tips the pot up and stamps on them!

I also have loads of lavender but I think I found one of those rosemary beetles last year :sweat:

Most of my plants are scented. It's a pleasure to wander around with all the wonderful smells of nature - I'll even brave it at dusk when I'm being eaten alive to breathe in the honeysuckle and jasmine.

I also love the smell of the newly dipped sheep in the field behind (yes, I'm weird). Does anyone here have a wool duvet? I'm sure I get the occasional whiff of live sheep when I fluff it up.

We have a wool duvet, it's one of the best items I've ever bought & I love it.

I've ordered the TSV. I have Oriental lily so these will be a nice addition. The De Jager Belerina primroses I ordered and delivered last autumn are looking fantastic and really come on since the weather is warmer.

Plants I bought from Lidl/Aldi are hit and miss for me, a standard Fuschia cost £10 last year and died over the winter but a Rhododendron has flourished.

Against my better judgement I bought a yucca from Ideal World last weekend when they had a free postage day. It's a really large plant in a 10 ltr pot and was reduced to £14.99. Was delivered today and it's really healthy. I see the postage is now £7.99!

Best bargain is in Feb every year our local council give out free plants and trees to residents. I got 4 raspberry canes this year and they are doing great. Just got to make sure that when they fruit I get in before the birds

I've ordered the TSV. I have Oriental lily so these will be a nice addition. The De Jager Belerina primroses I ordered and delivered last autumn are looking fantastic and really come on since the weather is warmer.

Plants I bought from Lidl/Aldi are hit and miss for me, a standard Fuschia cost £10 last year and died over the winter but a Rhododendron has flourished.

Against my better judgement I bought a yucca from Ideal World last weekend when they had a free postage day. It's a really large plant in a 10 ltr pot and was reduced to £14.99. Was delivered today and it's really healthy. I see the postage is now £7.99!

Best bargain is in Feb every year our local council give out free plants and trees to residents. I got 4 raspberry canes this year and they are doing great. Just got to make sure that when they fruit I get in before the birds

these lilies are not as scented as the usual oriental lilies

Yes, they were saying these were some kind of hybrid lily with a softer scent.

Yes, they were saying these were some kind of hybrid lily with a softer scent.

freesia scented much softer than an oriental lilies. I do love them though easy to grow look amazing plus a glorious scent but the beetles are an issue

I bought them at the last minute so we'll see if they give that lovely display they were advertising. Previous lilies from Mont Rose were very colourful.

I remember years ago when QVC first sold lilies they were Wonderfull quality. that was the days when QVC used to be cheaper than most shops

If you sign up to Mont Rose's own newsletter for their website (you can buy direct from them), they often have so-called VIP offers, where you often only pay the postage.
See there are lilies on offer at the moment (a star-gazer type called Lily Tasman - 10 bulbs for £5.50 p&p...)

Apologies if this should be posted in the 'Reasons not to shop at QVC' section!

Hopefully this link should take you to the offers directly...

http://www.montroseofguernsey.com/a...e=emailCampaign&utm_content=&utm_medium=email

To be honest the reviews on mont rose stuff is very iffy not that i buy much in the way of plants from qvc hope eveyrone enjoys theirs though and has great displays this summer :sun:

Although they're beautiful plants I wouldn't buy them because I know that they're poisonous to cats. I don't have cats but I do have several neighbouring ones that wander round my garden and I wouldn't want to harm any of them.

The fact that they are poisonous is often mentioned on here and on their FB page, but is rarely mentioned during a presentation. I'm sure that they had some lilies the other week that weren't poisonous, so maybe they should start selling them regularly and give customers a choice.

Latest posts

Back