Todays Top Tech TSV 02/04/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I used to love tech from QVC back in the day but I just can't listen to it anymore. there is is little information

I used to love tech from QVC back in the day but I just can't listen to it anymore. there is is little information

I used to enjoy a show on Weds evenings usually presented by Gilly Halliday, think it was called something like High-tec Toys & Electronics (or Technology ?). A good range of products and knowledgeable guests who told us what we needed to know.

Dale Franklin used to be big on tech and do a lot of the tech shows at one time didn't he?

No doubt of this is presented by LH there will be more nonsense spouted. On the show with the Nextbase dashcam he was saying how they had even "designed and developed their own memory cards for this". Except no they didn't (far too costly for one), they rebranded (Samsung I think it was) an SD card because there have been people struggling with buying compatible memory cards. It's all there on one of the dashcam forums. Better to keep your mouth shut, than to lie when you don't actually know something. Sadly most of the viewers seem to think he is a fountain of knowledge and take everything at face value.

TSV is Blink Security Camera

Blink-TSV.jpg

Blink XT Indoor/Outdoor Security System Hub, 2 Cameras & Double Storage
Item Number: 518801
QVC Price £240.00
Todays Special Value Price £199.98
P&P £0.00

This Blink XT security system comprises two weatherproof indoor/outdoor cameras, which detect motion in your home and send HD video and audio alerts right to your smart device via Wi-Fi, and also record a short clip of the event to the cloud. Accompanied by double the Cloud storage, allowing for up to 240 hours of recorded footage to be saved, and with no wires, no contract and batteries that last up to two years, peace of mind in and around your home has never been easier to achieve than with this Blink security system.

*A great saving: If you were to buy the Blink XT two camera system directly from Blink you’d pay £239.99. So to get them for our Today's Special Value price of just £199.98, P&P included, you’re making a great saving of £40.01.

What do I need a camera for? Has your package arrived? What's the dog up to? Have you ever wondered what's going on at your house when you're not there? This affordable, easy-to-install home monitoring and video security system will send you motion-activated alerts to answer all these questions and more. What's more, you can live-stream video anytime from anywhere.

Footage for longer - because you’ll get double storage you'll have the ability to record up to 240 hours of video. Plus, there's no need to do extra set-up work, we’ve activated this feature automatically, so it’s ready for you right out of the box.

Whatever the weather - these weatherproof Blink XT cameras ensure clear, HD-quality video no matter the forecast, making this the perfect indoor/outdoor camera. Plus the built-in LED illuminator coupled with the advanced low-light performance of the built-in technology will ensure that you always receive full-colour, HD quality video, day or night.

Works with Alexa - control your Blink cameras with your voice through selected Alexa devices. You can also view and live stream footage taken by the cameras on the Amazon Echo Show and Echo Spot devices.

Simple set up and installation - download and launch the app, and follow the instructions on your phone to get started. Then you can place and move your Blink cameras anywhere, inside or outside your home and you're ready to enjoy easy, contract-free home security.

What's in the box?

2 x Blink XT cameras
2 x Mounting kit - 1 x per camera
4 x AA lithium batteries - 2 x per camera
1 x Sync module
1 x USB cable
1 x Power adaptor
Protected By Blink Stickers
Quick Start Guide

Call the Blink Support team directly at 0115 838 4189, customer Support is available 24/7 and calls are free.

Visit support.blinkforhome.com to view helpful How-To videos and guides, read our FAQs, or to submit an email support ticket

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.518801

Hohbein spouting his usual nonsense. Quoting absolute maximum battery life, as though it's a given. People have reported battery life as low as 2 months when mounted outside with the cameras being triggered more often. Also wi-fi range can be quite weak, and so although it might be tempting to mount one of these at the bottom of the garden, you might not get it to connect to the hub. And of course, no two way audio like Ring. So you might get an alert that somebody is snooping around, but all you can do is either call the police, or just watch them. No shouting out of the camera and scaring them off.

Of course, Mr Hohbein skates around these issues instead of letting viewers know of the drawbacks...because he uses them at home! So they must be the best right? Not even close.

They have something less than half the price on Amazon, and it’s two way. I wouldn’t trust LH to change a battery.

The battery life is quoted in SECONDS to make it seem longer.

On average use, it is 40,000 seconds but spread over 2 years (so a lot less battery drain than continuous).

This is only 11 hours spread over 2 years, which is about 6 minutes use per week, less than 1 minute a day, AT BEST (it is an "UP TO" value, and we all know what this means from our internet speeds).

So absolutely no use if you want it on live view, it would run out in less than a day.

And this does not take account of night view, when the IR LEDs will also be using extra battery power.

I may have made calculation errors, so would be grateful if anyone else can confirm the figures. The info is from the user guide and FAQ links on the Q website.

As always, LH only tells you a fraction of what you need to know.

He kept holding that hub in the palm of his hand to show how small it was, but at no time did he mention that it has to be continuously powered from the mains via yet another wall-wart (I already have about 200) so yet another mains socket is constantly tied up. And it has to be positioned somewhere between your router and the cameras, you can't just put it anywhere where you happen to have a spare socket.

I have spent quite a while researching this as I want a CCTV system. I bought the previous TSV Ring system, but had to send it back as the cameras would not work on an outside brick wall, and the batteries lasted a very short time, nowhere near as long as their UP TO time.

I've learnt one thing though: I didn't know that NON-RECHARGEABLE AA lithium batteries were on the market.

I have bought it I used the easy pays so if its a waste of money I have not wasted the full amount. I think my sister has this so will give it a go!

Latest posts

Back