Todays Top Tech TSV 02/04/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

As it's free PP, then you have nothing to lose.

If it doesn't work, they will collect it for you free (if you insist).

That's what I did with the previous Ring camera TSV, there was nothing to lose by trying it.

Keep an eye on the battery consumption, they are NOT rechargeable and cost far more than ordinary Duracells.

I just think the biggest drawback is not being able to speak to anybody you see. Imagine getting an alert, and seeing somebody trying to break into your home etc, and you are powerless other than to call the police...and who knows how long they would take to respond. Meanwhile you sit and watch your home being broken into or property being damaged.

I posted some of the drawbacks on QVC's Facebook page, and one woman in particular really took offense, thinking I was "picking on" Hohbein :mysmilie_11: amazing....until you see these people who genuinely believe he presenters are their best friends, you don't quite believe it.

I think LH replied to a few people, but I had decided to block him on Facebook so that he couldn't reply to my messages :mysmilie_17:

I just think the biggest drawback is not being able to speak to anybody you see. Imagine getting an alert, and seeing somebody trying to break into your home etc, and you are powerless other than to call the police...and who knows how long they would take to respond. Meanwhile you sit and watch your home being broken into or property being damaged.

I posted some of the drawbacks on QVC's Facebook page, and one woman in particular really took offense, thinking I was "picking on" Hohbein :mysmilie_11: amazing....until you see these people who genuinely believe he presenters are their best friends, you don't quite believe it.

I think LH replied to a few people, but I had decided to block him on Facebook so that he couldn't reply to my messages :mysmilie_17:

I've never had the will or energy to look at the QVC Facebook page - and from what you've said, won't be rushing to any time soon..!

Love to know why you blocked LH - he can be MOST annoying ;)

But what I always find surprising, especially with a product like this is why don't people read the reviews on Amazon. There are some glowing ones but also plenty of 1 stars pointing out issues with it.
I do wonder if some people just trust QVC too much, perhaps because of the way products are demonstrated and presented, they don't bother reading reviews or something?

Hope the cameras work well for anyone who's invested but I was put off!

The people on Facebook are just blinkered (well, some of them) they talk about how they like to see the presenters holiday snaps etc. They just think they have made friends with "a celebrity" I think? It's weird

Oh and I blocked LH on Facebook because he was petty and blocked me on Twitter, so I wanted to be able to talk about him on FB and know he wouldn't be able to respond :) taste of his own medicine

Latest posts

Back