£598.98 now £649.92???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Retrovertigo

Registered Shopper
So they are showing a Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (a phone well over a year old) on QVC extra for sale at £649.92, with a supposed previous price of £598.98 (that last price in itself is expensive for that model.) I'm assuming they have actually had it on offer for the cheaper price before now, which really is taking the mick

QVC buy up old model stock and sell it dearer than the new model. I agree with the pricing, they always put a higher price, then cross it out and put “now” even though they’ve never actually sold it at the higher price, I honestly don’t know how they’ve gotten away with false advertising all these years.

the samsung galaxy 8 was a QVC Extra big deal from 19/11/18 - 25/11/18 & was priced at £598.98 + post as a big deal & that price has now expired so the price should be now £649.92 + post its just simply a graphical error that they havnt corrected

QVC are always doing it, for a price to be classed as a "reduced" or "sale" price it must have been sold for six weeks or more at the higher price, when it's reduced they should state how long it was previously sold for at the higher price, not go straight in at the lower price without ever charging the higher price, Argos are good for following the rules, QVC are not and they couldn't give a toss.

A bit off topic, but I recently bought a warm waterproof jacket from Millets.

It was a "special" sale, 50% off, the "normal" price was £100, so I got it for £50.

Soon after, it was "reduced" from what they said was the "normal" price of £120 to £84.

As I get their emails, I've noticed the price has been going up and down like a yoyo.

Now they are saying the "normal" price is £100 again, and is at 1/2 price again at £50, but with an extra 15% off, so now £42-50.

I no longer trust any of their "normal" prices, and their offers, etc etc.

I originally thought I had a bargain, but now it is £7-50 less.

The OP reminded me of this yoyo pricing.

PS they are the same firm as Blacks, and JD Sports, and also others. Also, they now own the brand Peter Storm, now made in China, so they can actually make the "normal" price anything they like.

the samsung galaxy 8 was a QVC Extra big deal from 19/11/18 - 25/11/18 & was priced at £598.98 + post as a big deal & that price has now expired so the price should be now £649.92 + post its just simply a graphical error that they havnt corrected

I got a new contract just before this was a "big deal", I got a Samsung S9 with unlimited calls, texts and data on 3. I worked out to make getting the "big deal" good value I would have to get all my unlimited calls/texts/data for about £1.50 a month and have a lower grade phone.....as they say "you do the maths" lol :mysmilie_12::mysmilie_8:

Latest posts

Back