Kim & Co TSV 09/04/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I love her jumpsuits. Thanks SCW.

I'd love to wear one of these but they don't seem to suit my proportions. I ordered one a good few years ago and looking face-on in the mirror I liked it but I got my daughter to take a few photos on her phone from all angles and realised it didn't do my any favours.

:mysmilie_514:

I still have lots of Kim & Co skirts from the past 20 years and wear them often. I've sold a few of her tops on ebay but I'm glad I didn't offload the skirts. Her long straight skirts and the long mermaid/tulip hems are very flattering even on a short-@rse like me. I can only imagine QVC will make more profit on the stuff they do restock; that's their raison d'être; not dressing the nation for the betterment of mankind I'm afraid.

I bought a "playsuit" a while back which was sleeveless and a wee bit shorter in the leg (bought after wine o'clock). I thought it looked OK so I kept it, however, I've only worn it once on a night out in Blackpool. Maybe that says it all :mysmilie_17:

CC (who would live and die in Blackpool given half a chance)

I grew up in and around Blackpool and CC there's no way you'd be the worst under- or over-dressed person out on the town on any given night! There's always someone "worse" (or better depending on your viewpoint!)

I miss it!

:mysmilie_8:

I grew up not too far from Blackpool as well (despite being from Edinburgh). Some of my happiest and memorable days were spent in that town - in the days when you were actually allowed to ride the donkeys! I would have looked a bit of a sight trotting down the beach in my Kim & Co lol.

CC

I was in Blackpool just last week, at the Grand Theatre and Blackpool was deserted. Of course the season doesn`t really begin until Easter but it was surprising how empty the town centre was. I must admit its looking run down in places, lots of empty shops and empty boarding houses but the hotels up the sea front were all lit up as per usual.
When I was a little girl we had our family holiday in Blackpool every year. A week in a boarding house on Stanley Rd and most of that week was spent on the beach. My Mum saved all year round to take us away on that holiday and money was tight so we only got to visit the fun fair once during the week, the amusement arcade once too and the day before we came home she`d take us to choose a present to take home with us.
There used to be lots of shops selling lace tablecloths, lace dressing table mats etc and they also sold plastic dolls dressed in a lace outfit so I always chose one of those.
Blackpool used to be heaving because towns had what were called their own holiday weeks and it was nothing unusual to bump into school friends or neighbours because the local factories/manufacturers would all close for the same 2 weeks so families would all be away at the same time too.
Happy days and its sad to see what was once a thriving buzzing place look so run down and neglected.

I think there`s a lot of posts with so called insider information which simply need to be taken with a pinch of salt. Unless you go around asking people in the neighborhood which clothes they`re wearing or get your kicks spying on folks washing lines then its impossible to say lots of people where you live like so and so, much the same as unless you`re in touch with every QVC customer it`s impossible to judge by members of a small social media group whether an item is the greatest thing since sliced bread or has bombed.
Sales figures are often quoted by the presenters themselves but as we all know these figures can quite often be exaggerated and that hundreds have just this second jumped to the phones or an item is almost selling out but strangely enough is still there 12 hours later.
It`s horses for courses, not everything can be liked by everybody and QVC certainly get it wrong as many times as they get it right. Most of us live for the odd QVC show or item but odd ones of us live for QVC itself and the self importance that brings.

That little sentence sums up the best marketing strategy ever ! always make believe that something is about to sell out and the world will suddenly want to buy it. And YES I have often seen something on screen that's limited stock or down to the last dozen, then less than 30 minutes (not enough time to jump out of baskets !!!) later there is still plenty of stock online.

As for the 'potential' tsv, then nothing on earth would make me wear poly/elastene gouchos and especially not in a jump suit in ****** awful prints !

Prints by all brands are becoming more dowdy with each airing.

Tonight Katherine resembled how my 40 odd year old mother would dress in the 1960s ! in a dress straight out of the Deans newspaper advert (who remembers those ?) it was a black and white print, long cuffed sleeves, up to the neck, and worn with godawful toeless shoeboots that made her legs look stumpy !!

I want someone to shoot me if ever I had a brainstorm to dress like that.

The Fylde has a lot more to offer than Blackpool take it from me I live there! It is a pity Blackpool’s reputation is so tarnished as it has so much to offer.The prom & beach are lovely, the Tower & Ballroom, Grand Theatre, Pleasure Beach, just some parts of the town are so run down & it has it’s social problems but so have so many seasidetowns aroundthe country.I went to Weymouth many years ago& pre 2012 Olympics and was appalled how run down it was.Hopefully now much improved as I have not been back.

I would love the original skirts back, that did appear to sell well back in the day.
The skirts that have been featured recently are dipped uneven hems.
I’m sure some decent skirts will sell very well as it’s extremely difficult to obtain skirts elsewhere.
Not everyone wants to wear tops with jeans or trousers all the time.
Plus not all events workplaces or women are able to wear trousers.

Marks is comming down with skirts all shapes and lengths. However I try to cover up every inch of my body that isn’t required for practical purposes!

Kim & Co Brazil Jersey Short Sleeve Gaucho Jumpsuit with Pockets Regular
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.176958

Kim & Co Brazil Jersey Short Sleeve Gaucho Jumpsuit with Pockets Petite
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.176959

QVC Price £66.00
Todays Special Value Price £49.98
P&P £4.95

This stylish jumpsuit from Kim & Co features their bestselling, easy-to-wear style with a cropped, wide-leg shape plus a comfortable elasticated waist with shirring detail, a V-neckline, short dolman sleeves and front pockets to give a more casual feel. Perfect for spring/summer, slip on this stylish one-piece outfit for any day or evening occasion.

Your warm weather look - the loose, jersey design of this jumpsuit and cropped leg shape will ensure you feel cool and comfortable all summer long. Team with trainers for a casual day look or strappy wedges and bright jewellery for a fun, evening outfit.

Take your pick - it comes in a choice of four stylish prints and two solid colours to offer something to suit all. Go for neutral Oyster or classic Black if you prefer plain colours, or opt for the Navy Stripe, Black Floral, Navy Multi or Taupe Multi for a splash of vibrant print.

Solid: 96% polyester, 4% elastane; Printed: 95% polyester, 5% elastane
Machine washable at 30C

Colour options:

Oyster
Black
Navy Stripe
Black Floral
Navy Multi
Taupe Multi

Quite a few sizes/patterns have sold out so people must like it. Cordelia didn't look nice in any of them and usually she can wear anything and look good. Not for me.

CC

No-one looks good in half-mast flapping gouchos - be it jumpsuit or not. Those with thick ankles look worse when wearing trainers with this jumpsuit, stilletos aren't practical, and when you sit down, the trouser bit will turn into long flappy shorts just below the knee. Ugh !

No-one looks good in half-mast flapping gouchos - be it jumpsuit or not. Those with thick ankles look worse when wearing trainers with this jumpsuit, stilletos aren't practical, and when you sit down, the trouser bit will turn into long flappy shorts just below the knee. Ugh !

Flappy......:mysmilie_19: such a great word...

Latest posts

Back