Kim & Co breaking into the US market!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Akimbo

Fluffy
I just had an email from Kim & Co Canada announcing they are branching out to the American market. I know she has her knockers on here but all credit to her as a business woman she's stood the test of time.

Link to the announcement here!

I bought my first piece around 1997 when my second child was a baby and I still have that outfit. I suspect the original viscose slinky fabric is expensive compared with the polyester blends but they must still sell well enough. I hope she has success in the States too.

Good for her. I can’t always follow what she’s saying but I like the fact that she knows her range back to front and inside out (!). Sizes, measurements, colours, prints etc. She doesn’t “allow” the presenters’ Twitter & personal anecdotes nonsense to take up much of her selling time. Quite right too, that’s why she’s there.

I like Kim. She knows her range from top to bottom, and although I don't like a lot of her patterns now on her dresses, I have quite a few that are years old and still look as good as the day I bought them. No fading at all. I wish she would go back to more pretty ditzy patterns.

I also like the fact that she always turns up, and doesn't send a Brand Ambassador.

Though there are times when I think 'what did she just say' as sometimes she doesn't always make sense!

Good luck to her in the US.

Yes you get the feeling that Kim has actually be involved in the design and development of the range.Just a shame I cannot listen to her babbling, I think even with her experience in presenting she is still nervous & her talking and giggling is a result of that?

I think most of KIm`s stuff is now more suitable for the American market than ours. Her fabrics, styles and patterns have become a tad garish which the yanks will love and I daresay as much as her followers in this Country are waning then she`ll have a whole new batch of followers in America.
She knows her own brand inside out but sadly much of her stuff is beyond horrible these days.

she dont always turn up acutally there has been times when carla lalzo takes over the visit for her & takes the late night hours ect

Is that not just occasional shows for Kim and Co though SCW? I don't think of Carla as her Brand Ambassador.

Whenever there is a TSV she is always there - well, when I have been watching. The late shows I am usually in slumberland. :mysmilie_496:

I think most of KIm`s stuff is now more suitable for the American market than ours. Her fabrics, styles and patterns have become a tad garish which the yanks will love and I daresay as much as her followers in this Country are waning then she`ll have a whole new batch of followers in America.
She knows her own brand inside out but sadly much of her stuff is beyond horrible these days.

The Americans will love her style very old fashioned in my opinion,I like to dress more up too date.

she dont always turn up acutally there has been times when carla lalzo takes over the visit for her & takes the late night hours ect

I think it’s very, very rare that Kkm doesn’t show up, if she doesn’t it’s whoever they can get at the time by the looks of it to be the “brand ambassador” for that hour.

Is that not just occasional shows for Kim and Co though SCW? I don't think of Carla as her Brand Ambassador.

Yes I agree.

Whenever there is a TSV she is always there - well, when I have been watching. The late shows I am usually in slumberland. :mysmilie_496:

The Americans will love her style very old fashioned in my opinion,I like to dress more up too date.

Oh yes definitely agree.

I like Kim. She knows her range from top to bottom, and although I don't like a lot of her patterns now on her dresses, I have quite a few that are years old and still look as good as the day I bought them. No fading at all. I wish she would go back to more pretty ditzy patterns.

I also like the fact that she always turns up, and doesn't send a Brand Ambassador.

Though there are times when I think 'what did she just say' as sometimes she doesn't always make sense!

Good luck to her in the US.

Yes Anna, I have 2 of her early dresses and the colour she called praline in the blossom trail print in a skirt and top. They wash well,never need ironing and look as good as they did about 15 years ago. The weight is good and hangs lovely.

The bedding sets I bought ages ago were very good quality and they're still like new. It's a pity that Kim or QVC didn't continue with her bedding range. Good luck to her in the US, she will probably do well with the fashion.

Yes you get the feeling that Kim has actually be involved in the design and development of the range.Just a shame I cannot listen to her babbling, I think even with her experience in presenting she is still nervous & her talking and giggling is a result of that?

definitely, but I like her accent & tone. Strange because I rather dislike the Drawling sound of some of the other US & Canadian guests.

Many years ago when they used to use tape measures to give you the sizes, sitting behind a table as well, I bought a Kim and Co skirt that was black with multi coloured firework type splashes all over it - glittery too! I know it sounds ghastly but I wore and wore that skirt and always had compliments on it. it went with everything and was a go to for a night out or Christmas. Sadly it must have got mixed up with a charity bag clearout as it disappeared, never to be seen again. Oh for the days of early Kim & Co. So cheap, so different and such good quality. Now we get these huge flowers on dark backgrounds reminding us all of granny's sofa and curtains in the "best room" that we were never allowed to go into as kids lol.

CC

Somewhere I have an aubergine top with the same "firework" glitter pattern CC. So nice to have sparkle not on a black background which doesn't really suit my colouring iykwim.

It was modelled by the lovely Sharon who doesn't work on QVC anymore which is a shame as she could come out wearing a fish and chip paper and we'd all be queuing up to buy it.

CC

I caught a bit of last night with the awful Eilidh Nairn and Carla. Carla looked okish but EN was beyond woeful in a shapeless tent worn over about 3 other items.

Poor model Ally was dressed in something out of a 1970 charity shop (and not in a vintage way) and even that lovely girl couldn’t make it look any better. I’m twice her age and I wouldn’t be seen dead in it.

Not a bit wonder a FB post saying she looked very sad and asking if she was ok.

Can't watch Eilidh I'm afraid, she shouts and isn't that great a presenter. She always looks a mess too. It must be painful for Carla to be on with her as Carla is the exact opposite, understated chat and immaculately turned out.

CC

I caught a bit of last night with the awful Eilidh Nairn and Carla. Carla looked okish but EN was beyond woeful in a shapeless tent worn over about 3 other items.

Poor model Ally was dressed in something out of a 1970 charity shop (and not in a vintage way) and even that lovely girl couldn’t make it look any better. I’m twice her age and I wouldn’t be seen dead in it.

Not a bit wonder a FB post saying she looked very sad and asking if she was ok.

The reason she looked so sad was probably because of the monstrosity she was being forced to wear......

Latest posts

Back