Royal Mail or Hermes

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Susie Wusie

Registered Shopper
I have noticed that QVC seems to be sending more parcels by Royal Mail than Hermes nowadays, has anybody else noticed this? I personally find this quite frustrating as it's not made clear when I order anything and for me Hermes is much more preferable as they will leave parcels in a safe place but Royal Mail won't,they deliver during the middle of the day when I'm out all day and then I have to travel 6 miles to my Royal Mail pick up depot to collect the parcel

I’m lucky, I have an enclosed front porch so our regular Postie will open it and leave my deliveries from the likes of eBay there, but when it’s a different Postie they’ll take it back the sorting office, again I’m lucky because it’s just round the corner but I can understand how frustrating this would be, especially if your sorting office is a bus ride away. I shop with Ideal World and they use Hermes for everything no matter how small.

I generally find Hermes are quicker. However I prefer free P&P & QVC do not offer that so it doesn’t matter who delivers.

I have noticed that QVC seems to be sending more parcels by Royal Mail than Hermes nowadays, has anybody else noticed this? I personally find this quite frustrating as it's not made clear when I order anything and for me Hermes is much more preferable as they will leave parcels in a safe place but Royal Mail won't,they deliver during the middle of the day when I'm out all day and then I have to travel 6 miles to my Royal Mail pick up depot to collect the parcel

Yes and IW p&p charges are much better than QVC especially if you're ordering the same item number no matter how many colours.

As we are retired it doesn’t really bother me who delivers but I just wish a time slot for delivery was given as I hate waiting at home when I could be out and about. In recent years a number of our older neighbours have passed away so we now have quite a few young families and that is great but they all go out to work but shop on line and we have become like a mini sorting office for parcels for our closest neighbours which I don’t mind at all but on the odd occasion we are out when a parcel is delivered there’s no one to take it in for us.

Yes and IW p&p charges are much better than QVC especially if you're ordering the same item number no matter how many colours.

And IW do free returns which is a massive help if you want to buy two of something to see which fits best, I actually find IW service is all round better than QVCs.

In recent years a number of our older neighbours have passed away so we now have quite a few young families and that is great but they all go out to work but shop on line and we have become like a mini sorting office for parcels for our closest neighbours which I don’t mind at all but on the odd occasion we are out when a parcel is delivered there’s no one to take it in for us.

DITTO... I’ve always been a good neighbour , but I have started to get fed up feel a bit taken for granted , as a shift worker getting awoken for others parcels riling me up a bit . So now I’ve started hinting ‘ you know you can get your parcel delivered to your workplace’

Don’t you have a facility online to book a RM redelivery in a time & date slot when you will be home, rather than having to go to collect

Don’t you have a facility online to book a RM redelivery in a time & date slot when you will be home, rather than having to go to collect

I have seen a notice to re arrange delivery but as I haven’t used it don’t know how it works.Worth investigating though.

Okay, not QVC as I have not ordered for ages.

But I do order from other online places.

For me, RM and Hermes usually arrived pretty quickly no real difference. My front door does not face the street and I have a long path and then my porch, and my glass recycling box sits on it. So if too big for the letterbox they put my stuff in there. Now tracking wise Hermes is much better as with RM it usually shows posted on X and then just going through the system and noting until the day it is out for delivery will it tell me this.

DPD send you a time frame of an hour of when it will be delivered.

Yodel, I got a little email with an online map showing where the driver was and how many deliveries before mine.

My postie is brilliant and I have him trained with parcels. Also, my Hermes lady is also brilliant, I get cat food delivered by her once a month never a problem.

I have seen a notice to re arrange delivery but as I haven’t used it don’t know how it works.Worth investigating though.

If you get a card for arranging redelivery then you simply go to the web page on the card and you can arrange which day you have it redelivered but not a time. You can also arrange redelivery to a local sub post office instead of the main sorting office and I think there`s a charge of around 70p when you collect it. I use this option if I miss a delivery as our local shop/off licence has a sub post office counter in there.

I had no problems with deliveries until there was a change in the Hermes courier one of the first deliveries he did I wasn’t home for which was so out of the norm. He went on to tell me that I should be leaving the garage door unlocked or he would leave any parcels in the porch. Which we don’t have just a set back area between the front door and the front bay window. I said I’d not had any problems with any of the previous couriers, that most came the same time of day. He went on about having to vary his delivery times, that he’d come early to catch me still in bed. What tipped me over the edge and made me change to have parcels delivered to my hubby at work was after he’d delivered a few successfully after. Was he turned up with a parcel that was actually for the couple across the road but by habit came to our door. Then was insisting my daughter take it rather than him then going to their house instead to deliver.

Yes but my RM parcel office will not redeliver on a Saturday and that is the only time I will be in

Oh dear that’s not good have you a local sub PO you could collect from
It’s surprising how many local stores are now post offices our local one allows us to post upto 10pm every evening and you can also bank as well, which is very helpful with most banks now closing as well.

I prefer delivery by Hermes as I usually get my items within 2 days. Royal Mail can take up to at least 5 days.

My Hermes lady is lovely and always leaves my parcels out of sight in my enclosed porch. The Royal Mail postie is not so lovely. He leaves my parcels in my porch on the mat where we all wipe our feet before going into the house, very unhygienic, and in full sight of anyone passing by. I have asked him several times not to do this but he carries on doing so. I even asked the sorting office to ask him not to do this, and he stopped for a while, but then started again.

Both my postman and Hermes man are great and they try and deliver when they know I'll be here in the mornings. If I'm out I suggested leaving behind the bins and as we're in a village they have so far been quite safe. The Hermes deliveries take much longer to arrive than Royal Mail so I prefer mail, however, when my postie is off work then the relief postman insists on taking things back to the depot if I'm out which is a 25 mile round trip to pick up which is a right old pain. Never had problems with damages etc from either company.

CC

Our regular postie is an absolute sweetie and most neighbours take parcels in for each other. Luckily our parcel office is fairly nearby, however extending the gap for collecti9n from 3 to 24 hours isn’t as good if you are anxious to get your mitts on it!

Hermes has got much better (used to throw over fence without any card) except the driver delivers at 7.30am often when I’m in the shower!

The other delivery companies are a bit of a nightmare in our area.

Latest posts

Back