Tan Luxe TSV 19/4/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ooh! I do love Tan Luxe! It is the only faux tan I can use on my face due to sensitivity & looks so natural. It is great if you are not feeling well too as it is so easy to apply & kept me looking human during chemo a few years back. It smells of raspberries too!

Ooh! I do love Tan Luxe! It is the only faux tan I can use on my face due to sensitivity & looks so natural. It is great if you are not feeling well too as it is so easy to apply & kept me looking human during chemo a few years back. It smells of raspberries too!

There can be no better recommendation than this, thanks. I’m off to have a peek !

PS hope you are keeping fit & well nowadays. X

I'm not a fan of the drops but I do really like their gradual tan. So many have no effect on me whatsoever! I hope they do the double size as a supersize deal or BPOTM again this year.

I'm not a fan of the drops but I do really like their gradual tan. So many have no effect on me whatsoever! I hope they do the double size as a supersize deal or BPOTM again this year.

Thanks for the tip! I've never used the gradual tan but I will now. I have heard great things about the James Read products but I just can't stand the man so will stick with Tan Luxe lol

Thanks for the tip! I've never used the gradual tan but I will now. I have heard great things about the James Read products but I just can't stand the man so will stick with Tan Luxe lol

I'm not too keen on 'the munchkin' from Tan luxe either, but I'm sure the stuff is fine.

I’ve spent years trying gradual tans.

The biggest problem for me is getting them to dry without walking around like a zombie and staining bed clothes.

However last year I used Decleor and was very pleased with it. I could shower, towel dry, apply Decleor, get dressed and out the door immediately. The smell was ok (to me anyway) and the colour was noticeable but not tango and NO streaks.

The biggest problem for me is getting them to dry without walking around like a zombie and staining bed clothes.

However last year I used Decleor and was very pleased with it. I could shower, towel dry, apply Decleor, get dressed and out the door immediately. The smell was ok (to me anyway) and the colour was noticeable but not tango and NO streaks.

I do love Decleor Gradual Glow for my body, just a shame I can't use it on my face (turns me into a lizard) but it's quick, easy & Scandi Prince always says it smells nice whuch is a bonus. No going to bed smelling of biscuits!

Little read required.

A good gradual tan is by Dove. It's probs way cheaper than dec, a nice big bottle (I think at least 250mls, poss 300) & bound to be on offer at Boots/Superdrug et al/onoline cheapy chemists. I could swear it's from the same warehouse as Decleor. I think Dove is owned by P&G IIRC, & wouldn't be surprised if P & G were bought up by L'oreal (who own Dec).
I can't comment fully on sheet experience, I've used it in the morning, but generally the newer 'old school' (itms) gradual glows are less offensive in many ways. It develops nicely, quickly & isn't that deathly yellowy shade. Admittedly I've not used any tanners in ages, so dunno if it's changed formula. A very good beauty editor likes it (imo not one of these new bandwagoneers'.)

Re smell. 99.9% of faux tan prods use DHT as the ingredient that increases the melanin. If dht is there, the only way to lesson the smell is by masking it with a fragrance, hence the munchkin's Raspberry oil. He implies that RO is added for skin benefits, but with such a heavy raspberry pong, that's certainly from a fragrance.
The Dove isn't over* smelly, it's nice,& inoffensive, (*but I have a super nose & can whiff a fart in China, so I'm always going to detect the Dht) Obvs much cheaper than the luxury brands.

I will say that in terms of chemo patients finding a brand that suits their sensitive skin (as a result of treatment) or those with very difficult skin, if you have a specific product that works for you, don't change it.

Last edited:
The Dove gradual glow was on offer on Groupon and if I hadn't got oodles of Decleor gradual glow I would have bought it. I like the Decleor one as once you put it on it lasts a few days and doesn't wash off the minute you get in the shower or cleanse your face. People notice it on me as well, asking if I've been away but it definitely doesn't go orange on me which most fake tans do (or even worse, yellow).

https://www.groupon.co.uk/deals/dove-summer-revived-lotions-6

CC

I have had chemo and think it is thanks to that that my skin only changes with a few gradual tans. Dove gave me zero tan whatsoever! Neither did various others you see in the main displays in Boots. I did get a reasonable tan with the Palmers one using Coconut but nothing from their more easily found cocoa butter one (which smelt awful on my skin too). Decleor was very light and never got darker.

My only success stories are Tan Luxe, St Moritz oil from Superdrug and the Elemis tanner but I only bought that as it was a very cheap triple offer on Q. I might look for the Palmers Coconut if I am in a large Boots as my local doesn't sell it.

I found that with the exception of Decleor they took an awful long time to dry, felt sticky and if in bed made me very warm.

I don’t use Decleor on my face as a have ultra sensitive skin and it’s just not worth taking a chance.

I saw a demo of tan luxe yesterday and the girl's legs were most definitely orange. Too dark for me but probably OK if you have a normal skin tone. Mine's usually blue and goes white in summer!

CC

I saw a demo of tan luxe yesterday and the girl's legs were most definitely orange. Too dark for me but probably OK if you have a normal skin tone. Mine's usually blue and goes white in summer!

CC

Tan Luxe models are always :mysmilie_11:

:mysmilie_546:

Screenshot_20190413-133946_Facebook.jpgdrops and cream

Latest posts

Back