Annoyed with alpha h

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bea Frugal

Registered Shopper
I expect they're not the only culprits, but lately I've repurchased a few products only to find that they are quite different from what they used to be. The essential hydration cream is gloopier, with a silicone feel to it, and the microcleanse is a different colour and doesn't tingle like before so it seems nothing is happening. I compared the list of ingredients on old and new tubes and several things have disappeared and others have been added. It annoys me because if you rebuy something it's because you liked it and I feel they're taking us for numpties to not bother to mention whats changed and why. They chunter on long enough so it's pretty inexcusable.

Don't think it's just Alpha H, I think lots of companies do it. Replacing quality (expensive) ingredients for cheaper ones? They should make us aware though but that might affect sales/profits.

CC

They won’t tell us they’ve changed ingredients and risk losing regular customers who are looking to re-order. Perhaps they would if it were a genuine improvement.

I remember they announced when Microcleanse was re-launched, that it now had jojoba beads instead of plastic beads.
I also noticed that Liqiud Gold was different since they changed the white bottle to brown bottle, the one in the white bottle used to go off after some time and the new one doesn't (didn't in my case and I think it's been like over three years. If anyone remembers the TSV with the old Microcleanse, SPF50 with pink tint and LG - I'm still using my ADs and it's fine (touch wood). I think it was around AH 15th anniversary, they also did a three different sizes of LG as a TSV for the anniversary I think.

I expect they're not the only culprits, but lately I've repurchased a few products only to find that they are quite different from what they used to be. The essential hydration cream is gloopier, with a silicone feel to it, and the microcleanse is a different colour and doesn't tingle like before so it seems nothing is happening. I compared the list of ingredients on old and new tubes and several things have disappeared and others have been added. It annoys me because if you rebuy something it's because you liked it and I feel they're taking us for numpties to not bother to mention whats changed and why. They chunter on long enough so it's pretty inexcusable.

Oh, don't get me started on this.....:mysmilie_10:

Yeah, it annoys the hell out of me too.
Liz Earle is another culprit. Now I'll admit that I still use C&P now and again, but it's not half as good since they replaced the Almond Milk with Cocoa Butter. And don't get me started on IBST. Again I still use it, but it doesn't even smell the same as it did 7-8 years ago and I definitely need to use more than I used to as well.
They have lost a lot of my custom because of this though. I used to use LE exclusively but not anymore. Apart from the shampoo, I could stop using the brand altogether (and often do when I fancy a change, usually with DHS items) and my skin hasn't peeled off yet.

I had no problems with C&P when it had the almond milk(almond is one of the most expensive ingredients believe it or not. So I really think that was the true reason they removed it not allergies), then when the upped the cocoa butter which one of the cheapest ingredients around and it clogs pores my rosacea broke out when using. Then LE started all the fancy limited editions to dazzle the customers.

Another brand not sold on QVC Sunday Riley had a product with lactic acid which many swore by, suddenly because of new rules in the UK about the percentage of it in the product they replaced it with Glycolic instead which is actually much harsher. In the US they still have the lactic acid in the product.

Companies no matter whether you love them and think they are at the end of the day it is always about the profit they made.

Yeah, it annoys the hell out of me too.
Liz Earle is another culprit. Now I'll admit that I still use C&P now and again, but it's not half as good since they replaced the Almond Milk with Cocoa Butter. And don't get me started on IBST. Again I still use it, but it doesn't even smell the same as it did 7-8 years ago and I definitely need to use more than I used to as well.
They have lost a lot of my custom because of this though. I used to use LE exclusively but not anymore. Apart from the shampoo, I could stop using the brand altogether (and often do when I fancy a change, usually with DHS items) and my skin hasn't peeled off yet.
May I suggest Loccitane Immortelle Enriched Water instead of IBST,it hydrates the skin and smells divine (to me anyway); only I've just noticed it's different from what I'm using, it used to be called Immortelle Essential Water, but it the two reviews people say that the new one is an improvement on the old one

https://uk.loccitane.com/immortelle-enriched-water,83,1,29786,1072775.htm#ReviewsContainer

May I suggest Loccitane Immortelle Enriched Water instead of IBST,it hydrates the skin and smells divine (to me anyway); only I've just noticed it's different from what I'm using, it used to be called Immortelle Essential Water, but it the two reviews people say that the new one is an improvement on the old one

https://uk.loccitane.com/immortelle-enriched-water,83,1,29786,1072775.htm#ReviewsContainer

Thanks Marina, but no can do I'm afraid. Since L'Occitane started selling their products in China, they are no longer cruelty free, so they've had to go on my banned list. It's a pity because I really did rate some of their goods, but I just won't/can't use them anymore.

I’m going to buy supermarket products in the future. My skin is reasonably tough and ifI have a bad reaction, at least it will not have cost a fortune so I can just chuck it away.

It's just like Aveda, long gone are the wonderful products they used to have.

Yes, it's all about cheaper ingredients and cost cutting, who cares about loyal customers....they certainly don't.

I used to swear by Elemis & Decleor, until quite recently, when I just wasn't getting the results, anymore. I have since gone over to the dark side (IW), and have tried some of the Elizabeth Grant sets. The individual products are quite pricey, but the sets are good value.

So far, everything I have tried has been better than Elemis or Decleor.

I've often looked at the Elizabeth Grant range but never bought. I may try it next time it's on offer but I do still like Decleor and I have liked what I've tried of Alpha H, especially the eye cream.

CC

I’m a complete convert to Aldi’s hot cloth cleanser, £3.99 for a large tube. It feels rich, doesn’t make my face feel tight and shiny and I can see an improvement after a few weeks.

I used to swear by Elemis & Decleor, until quite recently, when I just wasn't getting the results, anymore. I have since gone over to the dark side (IW), and have tried some of the Elizabeth Grant sets. The individual products are quite pricey, but the sets are good value.

So far, everything I have tried has been better than Elemis or Decleor.

Have you tried by any chance Linda Lusardi, Elliementary, and would you recommend any skincare brand on IW? I'm curious if it's any good. I've looked at their skincare but didn't dare to order because I couldn't return if used unlike with QVC.

Latest posts

Back