Bibi Bijoux - Bubut Why?!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The Gin Queen

Registered Shopper
Flicked over during an ad break on E4, and it still strikes me as to why this brand is still on Q?!?!
All of their offerings remind me of the cheap tat I wore during my indi/goth phase in the 90’s - in fact I rummaged in one of my jewellery boxes and have silver (real!) earrings very similar to the base metal version that costs £27 (?!?!) - as a teenager, I would not have paid anywhere near that price, and during my rummage came across various uber cheap purchase still on the little card thing (can call it vintage/retro now daaaahling, lol!)
Can someone explain the exorbitant prices - do they tout they are ‘handcrafted by artisans’ and forget to mention the salaries of the workers?! No idea if that’s the case, so will be interested to see what you folk think?

I admit to buying a necklace a few years ago, but it tarnishes easily, so has to be 'rubbed up' before its worn. An expensive mistake which hasn't been repeated.

Q's prices across the board have increased to ridiculous levels, and the presenters talk about £30 the way I talk about £3 !! clearly its a different mindset living in the capital than it does elsewhere.

In Victoria Square here(shopping centre), they sometimes have stands in the open area usually homemade food fudge things like that and painters(he seems to do cows?), but the odd jewellery stand. I remember a woman's stand was identical to Bijoux, I stopped and mentioned QVC and Bijoux range. She was very put out and said she made all the jewellery herself and could do bespoke and alter if bracelets too big or small. Oh, and her stuff was half the price of the Bijoux branded range. Seems she is only in St.George's Market(a covered market in Belfast only open on Friday and Saturdays) now.

I like Bibi don't have loads but its beautifully made, quite heavy and it looks good many many years later. always attracts positive comments. I dont know about the newer stuff its a lot cheaper and thinner looking

In Victoria Square here(shopping centre), they sometimes have stands in the open area usually homemade food fudge things like that and painters(he seems to do cows?), but the odd jewellery stand. I remember a woman's stand was identical to Bijoux, I stopped and mentioned QVC and Bijoux range. She was very put out and said she made all the jewellery herself and could do bespoke and alter if bracelets too big or small. Oh, and her stuff was half the price of the Bijoux branded range. Seems she is only in St.George's Market(a covered market in Belfast only open on Friday and Saturdays) now.

Did she talk about her balls :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back