Blushing Brides at 5pm

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

my daughter got married in Barbados and it caused soooooo much trouble. most of both sides of the family would no/could not go. I had to arrange another reception in a hotel near us. looking back though it was quite amazing she could never have had a wedding like that in the uk. but there was a price to pay in many ways

My brother got married the year before me and it caused so much stress that the day before the wedding my mother decided she wasn't going. That, and other things, were the reason we went abroad and had a huge family party when we came back.

I have seen some of these hotel/ beach weddings on the TV & the Bride has been walking past holidaymakers sitting on their sunbeds drinking their beer.Not my idea of a special day.

Oh no! :mysmilie_13:

I have seen that depends on the hotel etc. my daughter actually had a church wedding. it was an old victorian church on the beach in st James parish. she had a saparno soloist sing as she and her husband and three bridesmaids walked down the altar. bought tears to my eyes. then she had a private reception in a 5 star hotel next to but not sandy lane

I have seen some of these hotel/ beach weddings on the TV & the Bride has been walking past holidaymakers sitting on their sunbeds drinking their beer.Not my idea of a special day.

Years ago I was on holiday in Barbados with a friend and someone was getting married at our hotel. On the first day the bride burned her feet in the sun very badly and could barely walk down the aisle, everyone was standing around in shorts and bikinis gawping at them saying their vows and someone played Connie Francis "Who's sorry now" while a beach hawker tried to sell the guests boat rides. Felt very sorry for the couple as it really wasn't what I would have called a dream wedding.

My Granddaughter her partner and their son went to Gretna and got married as they didn’t want any fuss and bother. She had a lovely dress and the boys had suits with waistcoats etc. They had the wedding they wanted.

Juliaaaaarrgh managed to bring up beach weddings today whilst on with Glen. That's as far as it went. She can be a very helpful presenter however (with sizes etc) so it's a shame she's so far up her own flumps arse.

Latest posts

Back