Taking a leaf out of QVC's book?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AndiK

Registered Shopper
I don't know if this is more commonplace than I realise as I don't shop with lots of different online retailers, but apparently Asos are warning that if they notice someone is ordering and returning "loads", they may deactivate the account. Sound familiar? Wonder if they are better than the Q at recognising that some returns are for reasons other than the customer changed their mind (eg item damaged, incorrect, etc).

Asos may also deactivate an account if they suspect a customer is actually wearing and then returning goods. I bet they are definitely better at checking items before sending them out to other customers! QVC could maybe take a leaf out of their book on that one.

The company's note to customers, sent this week, states: "If we notice an unusual pattern of returns activity that doesn't sit right: eg we suspect someone is actually wearing their purchases and then returning them or ordering and returning loads - way, waaay more than even the most loyal Asos customer would order - then we might have to deactivate the account and any associated accounts. If this happens to you and you think we've made a mistake, please get in touch with customer care and we'll be happy to discuss it with you."

More about it below. Note the reference to the "snap and send back" trend, where customers buy loads of clothes to put on, photograph themselves, then post the pictures on Instagram, etc, before returning them. Do you think that's what lots of QVC customers are doing with their Marla Wynne and Nina Leonard outfits, and that's why others are receiving their purchases with "stains"?

:mysmilie_11:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-47820387
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...olicy-crack-serial-wear-return-offenders.html

Yes, I read this online and thought oh-oh, they will really check the returns. Unlike QVC who just open parcel and chuck in the put back on shelf technique.:mysmilie_17:

I read this and they also commented about people not wanting to be seen in the same thing twice so were going out in the clothes and then returning them. Girls I worked with used to go to Primark kit themselves out from head to toe for a night out and then throw the items away.

Social Media junkies following supposed Celebrity trends , clothes , Jewell, sunglasses , footwear even electrical items posting pics of themselves on social media are mostly to blaim for this trend.

As more and more people shop online then more and more people are likely to abuse it by wearing stuff and then returning it. I don`t blame companies for cracking down on it.
Touch wood I`ve only ever received one item which had obviously been worn and returned. It was something I ordered from Bon Marche and when I returned it to a store the staff were horrified. They refunded me there and then, gave me an instant 10% discount card, got the store Manager who said she`d contact their dispatch dept straight away and packaged up the item to return it to the warehouse obviously refusing to put it on the shop floor for sale.
I`ve never ordered clothes from Q and don`t buy their makeup or beauty brands anymore so I guess I`ve been lucky that the few things I do order have been pristine.

you buy something try it on in the privacy of your home. it dont fit, you dont like it on, its the wrong colour send it back why wear it, soil it and return it over and over agin. yep close their account!

When I get clothing / footwear I try on very carefully with labels & decide there and then if I will keep or return.Then pack up carefully in original packaging.If someone does get my returns then they would not be aware anymore than in a shop it had been tried on.I have to say I have not received anything from QVC that has obviously been worn but then I do not order clothing from them!I have worn jewellery & then decided to return but in the condition it has been delivered to me,

you buy something try it on in the privacy of your home. it dont fit, you dont like it on, its the wrong colour send it back why wear it, soil it and return it over and over agin. yep close their account!

Couldn't agree more. It's so selfish and all the worse when people keep doing it. Other customers suffer as much as the retailer, in fact more so when it's QVC because their customers get sent the soiled stuff!

When I get clothing / footwear I try on very carefully with labels & decide there and then if I will keep or return.Then pack up carefully in original packaging.If someone does get my returns then they would not be aware anymore than in a shop it had been tried on.I have to say I have not received anything from QVC that has obviously been worn but then I do not order clothing from them!I have worn jewellery & then decided to return but in the condition it has been delivered to me,

Same here. I was saying in another thread the other day (talking about when I returned something I had literally only tried on for 2 minutes but was accused of having "worn" it - not QVC), I don't even try much on in shops because I prefer only to try things when I'm fresh out of the bath and with no make-up to transfer to necklines and collars. Pity all the other bleeders (literally!) aren't as considerate as us, eh?

This used to be the big thing at M&S years ago, not by me I hasten to add! Buy it on a Friday, wear it on a Saturday, return it on Monday. (This was when M&S made things you would go out in in a Saturday night) Then they had a big crackdown and shortly afterwards I returned a jumper, only to be accused of wearing it out and about. ****** cheek. I had tried it on once for about one minute at home. I can still remember the way the patronising git spoke to me all these years later. I got the refund though.

This disposable throw away fashion is so different to my youth.I can still remember clothing pieces I wore in the 60’s 70’s & 80’s.They were quality, beautifully made fabulous fit, not cheap I admit but didn’t you feel the bees knees?I have even met French fashion people in Paris who have complemented me on my outfit (score!) pity we were not negotiating Brexit!

Latest posts

Back