Monogram by Amanda Wakeley TSV 08/05/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Amanda Wakeley The Carter Shoulder & Crossbody Bag
Item Number: 177633
QVC Price £319.00
Todays Special Value Price £199.98
P&P £6.95

This medium-sized Amanda Wakeley Carter multiway bag is made from soft, grainy leather and features a flap-over front with stylish stud detailing, plus it comes with a branded charm and detachable shoulder and cross-body straps with luxurious carabiner attachments. Step out in style for any occasion with this luxurious handbag on your arm.

Wear it your way - the versatile Carter can be worn as a shoulder bag, which is perfect for any occasion or season, or also as a cross-body for easy, everyday use with its adjustable second strap.

It's all in the detail - matching metal trimmings and stud details all add character to the overall look of this chic bag, whilst two internal slip pockets and one zip one provide handy hidden organisation.

Choose your colour - it comes in a wide choice of shades, from the classic and timeless Tan, Black or Mineral to a fashionable snake print, available in Turquoise and Lilac, or why not go for a pop of colour with the Papaya red?

Inner pockets: 2 x slot, 1 x zip
Magnetic popper fastening
Comes with a dust bag
Outer: leather; lining: linen
Bag (h x w x l): 16cm x 9cm x 27cm (6.3" x 3.5" x 10.6")
Shoulder strap drop: 33cm (13")
Cross-body strap drop: 60cm (23.6")

Colour options:

Mineral
Tan
Papaya
Black
Turquoise Snake
Lilac Snake

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.177633

A bag would have to be really special for me to spend £199 on it and this one is quite unremarkable, although many will disagree. I see the snake ones have gone but I suspect that is because they are different, the others are like a thousand similar bags. No doubt they are very good quality and have AW name on them but not for me (even if I had a spare £199 lol).

CC

Its lovely but I like to have different bags to suit an occasion or outfit. Casual, smart, crossbody, clutch and different colours. I couldn’t afford to spend this much every time I buy a new bag so I buy cheaper bags.

Other women will prefer to have one or two “good” classic-style handbags in neutral colours to suit most occasions and I can see the wisdom of investing in a good quality leather ‘designer’ bag that will last years. Horses for courses.

Obviously I have absolutely no interest in handbags etc, but I really like AW as a guest. If I happen to switch over and one of her shows are on, I can start watching and before I know it, a good half hour has gone by before I realise what I'm doing. Very strange.

Just watching these bags with Amanda and Simon in the lunchtime show. How on earth she can stand there presenting these bags they are disgusting, the quality control is non existent. The flaps on both model bags and the one Amanda was holding were clearly not level. The line of studs were all over the place and totally uneven. Perhaps if you picked up a faulty plastic bag like this in a market for well under £20 you would put it down and look for a better one. Certainly don’t expect a so called designer bags to be presented clearly faulty. Can’t the people buying see what I’ve just seen or are they looking through rose tinted glasses.

From the launch video
C3BEBFF2-2E4E-4DAD-87A9-0AD3DFB64701.jpgD153BEF0-8759-4BAF-8734-5901BD188D4A.jpg[/ATTACH]54D021F6-7E94-42D4-B0A6-8D6D0A413974.jpg
CC02FE6F-D4B2-4432-AD89-46BB9BFD21AD.jpg

I watched the launch show and thought the bags looked quite nice. However, if I am paying that much for a handbag I would expect a zip inside to keep the contents safe. From what I could see it just has a flap over with a magnetic clasp. I also agree with Dream Girl. If you look at it closely you can see the flap wasnt level at the bottom. I will stick with Lulu Guinness and Radley

Latest posts

Back