Post Thanks / Like

Flipping heck is everyone else obsessed as much as Q is over tanning
    Likes alter ego , Lemonpop, candycane liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Girl View Post
    Flipping heck is everyone else obsessed as much as Q is over tanning
    well its the season for it really & this is a very popular brand

Post Thanks / Like

It is the season for tanning but none of the tanning products I've seen so far are realistic. Everyone is orange.

CC
    Likes Lemonpop, Kathy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by candycane View Post
    It is the season for tanning but none of the tanning products I've seen so far are realistic. Everyone is orange.

CC
    that is a case of each to their own

8. Flower
    Post Thanks / Like

For many years I have not let the sun near me particularly my face. So when the sun is out I wear a hat, don’t care who sees me but for some reason people look at you because you have a hat on outside of a holiday resort, very odd to me. I am from an Italian/Maltese background, but I still protect my skin.

Aside from this I also like a nice tan so have used every fake tan, gradual tan out there. Alas not one of them looked or resembled my natural tan, regardless of the hype they all smell and they all stain my sheets.

All I would say is that the person who comes up with a really good odour free, non staining tan that you can wear face and body and also cover your hands. I cannot relate to a brown arm and white hand , if it was a natural tan your hands would not be white, then that person would be self tan millionaire.
    Likes Lemonpop liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think we become accustomed to thinking that once the summer is here we must have an orangey fake tan and because loads of people have a fake tan it becomes normal. I don't tan at all but I'd rather be white (with all the ridicule that comes with it, especially on holiday) than be that false colour

Post Thanks / Like

I have never used a proper fake tan but in Summer I always use a gradual tan. Now many don't work on my skin at all, zero change, but with the ones that do I have never gone Orange and never had stained sheets. So I think the ones that start off as a white lotion must avoid the pitfalls.
    Thanks I Love Chocolate thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm fair-skinned and have never sunbathed. I wear SPF all year round, but the other week I thought I'd give a faux tan a go.

I ordered the Tan Luxe TSV in light to medium. I used fewer drops than they suggested as I only wanted a healthy glow. It developed over about 4 - 6 hours and it looked ......... absolutely horrendous! An Oompah Loompah comes to mind. It was so bad that I stayed in until I'd washed/scraped it off. I'm just grateful that my fridge and cupboards were well stocked so I didn't have to go shopping for the 5 days it took to get rid of it.

It took 5 days of exfoliating, washing with cleanser and applying lemon juice to get rid of it. I rang QVC and, after the CS woman had finished laughing at my description, she said she'd post a returns label. That arrived yesterday and the package was sent back today.

I am NEVER using faux tan again. For me, pale is the way to go. I'm just glad that I was ultra cautious and didn't put more drops into my moisturiser or I'd have been the colour of that old woman who was in Benidorm! A natural tan if you use this product? I'd dispute that claim.