Wet & Forget - 5L £21.50 free p£&p Amazon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My mum was actually asking me about this product the other day, so when I spotted the Amazon offer just now, I was quite tempted!

I've seen a couple of presentations of it, and it always sounds amazing. But the reviews on both QVC and Amazon are very mixed. Lots of 5 stars but also lots of 1 star.

Has anyone tried it and if so, does it really work as promised?
Especially interested in it on black mould on patio!

Thanks in advance...

I've used spray and leave which IW are selling today at £24.99 for 5L but there's a fiver postage on top. This does work but remember it doesn't really work on dirt, only green slime and algae. I do recall Anne Dorrington saying wet and forget will work on black mould but it could take months. To be honest I got just as good results with a wire head brush and hot soapy water but it's a lot harder work.

CC

I use Wet and Forget and really recommend it. I only need to use it once a year and each year it seems to work more quickly. The Amazon deal is a good price, but I've got 7 litres ready and waiting for the next few years so I won't be buying it.

I have also used spray and leave from IW. It's comparable to Wet and Forget with regards to its effectiveness. To be honest, when I need some I get the option that's the cheapest. My last purchase was from Costco and it was a little cheaper than the Amazon price as it was on offer.

Thank you both for your feedback and recommendations - much appreciated.

Am tempted to go for the Amazon deal and give it a go! I wouldn't try it st QVC prices but if it works £21 is worth it! X

I've used spray and leave which IW are selling today at £24.99 for 5L but there's a fiver postage on top. This does work but remember it doesn't really work on dirt, only green slime and algae. I do recall Anne Dorrington saying wet and forget will work on black mould but it could take months. To be honest I got just as good results with a wire head brush and hot soapy water but it's a lot harder work.

CC

Sadly I've got a chronic illness that means I can't garden or get out there and scrub (which I would if I were well!), so wetting and forgetting would suit me well!

I use Patio magic the good thing is as its a once a year process why buy three years worth. a small bottle lasts me two years as its a once a year application. I use a sprayer. it works on black mould and algae. its also self cleaning so every time it rains the patio gets a refresh as it reactivates the product. I do have a tiny garden thats all been paved leaving me some borders. and the front patio garden so not huge amounts to clean. but I would not be without it. also stops weeds win win

I’ve used Spray and Leave from Ideal World and yes it does work, I bought my 5L and sprayer for £20 free postage, they’ll have lots of offers on over Easter, it might be one of them again.

Hope you can still enjoy the current sunshine.

Only just seen this reply but just wanted to thank you for such a lovely message :)

Sadly I'm housebound at the moment (for the past year or two) but I can certainly SEE and enjoy the garden and the sunshine from my windows...

And I try not to feel too guilty about the fact I can't do anything to it these days..!

Hope you're able to get out in your garden.

Only just seen this reply but just wanted to thank you for such a lovely message :)

Sadly I'm housebound at the moment (for the past year or two) but I can certainly SEE and enjoy the garden and the sunshine from my windows...

And I try not to feel too guilty about the fact I can't do anything to it these days..!

Hope you're able to get out in your garden.

You shouldn’t feel guilty, so glad you can enjoy seeing the garden & the sunshine. I am fortunate enough to be able to get out into the garden, I will definitely try not to take it for granted, and try very hard not to moan at my Hubby when he digs things up whilst “tidying”.
Have a lovely Easter.x

Would any of the above work on mouldy/green cotswold chippings, plum slate, & a wall?

I think that Wet and Forget would, especially if you use a smaller W&F to water ratio (e.g. 1:3) The recommended ratio is usually on the bottle. Mound does take longer to disappear but algae disappears very quickly. In my experience it's usually overnight or certainly within two days.

Latest posts

Back