Wet & Forget - 5L 21.50 free p&p Amazon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Wet & Forget - 5L 21.50 free p&p Amazon

As above a deal of the day on Amazon (ie today only!), Wet & Forget 5L bottle. 21.50 free postage...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00...Q9SYPGBH0ZYQYF

Current offer on QVC is 41 plus 6 postage for a 5L and 2L bottle:

https://www.qvcuk.com/Wet-%26-Forget...7.html?sc=PSCH

Post Thanks / Like

My mum was actually asking me about this product the other day, so when I spotted the Amazon offer just now, I was quite tempted!

I've seen a couple of presentations of it, and it always sounds amazing. But the reviews on both QVC and Amazon are very mixed. Lots of 5 stars but also lots of 1 star.

Has anyone tried it and if so, does it really work as promised?
    Especially interested in it on black mould on patio!

Thanks in advance...

3. <
    Post Thanks / Like

I've used spray and leave which IW are selling today at 24.99 for 5L but there's a fiver postage on top. This does work but remember it doesn't really work on dirt, only green slime and algae. I do recall Anne Dorrington saying wet and forget will work on black mould but it could take months. To be honest I got just as good results with a wire head brush and hot soapy water but it's a lot harder work.

CC
    Thanks Totally Loopy Lou thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I use Wet and Forget and really recommend it. I only need to use it once a year and each year it seems to work more quickly. The Amazon deal is a good price, but I've got 7 litres ready and waiting for the next few years so I won't be buying it.

I have also used spray and leave from IW. It's comparable to Wet and Forget with regards to its effectiveness. To be honest, when I need some I get the option that's the cheapest. My last purchase was from Costco and it was a little cheaper than the Amazon price as it was on offer.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both for your feedback and recommendations - much appreciated.

Am tempted to go for the Amazon deal and give it a go! I wouldn't try it st QVC prices but if it works 21 is worth it! X

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by candycane View Post
    I've used spray and leave which IW are selling today at 24.99 for 5L but there's a fiver postage on top. This does work but remember it doesn't really work on dirt, only green slime and algae. I do recall Anne Dorrington saying wet and forget will work on black mould but it could take months. To be honest I got just as good results with a wire head brush and hot soapy water but it's a lot harder work.

CC

Sadly I've got a chronic illness that means I can't garden or get out there and scrub (which I would if I were well!), so wetting and forgetting would suit me well!
    Likes boffy liked this post

8. Flower
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Patio magic the good thing is as its a once a year process why buy three years worth. a small bottle lasts me two years as its a once a year application. I use a sprayer. it works on black mould and algae. its also self cleaning so every time it rains the patio gets a refresh as it reactivates the product. I do have a tiny garden thats all been paved leaving me some borders. and the front patio garden so not huge amounts to clean. but I would not be without it. also stops weeds win win

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve used Spray and Leave from Ideal World and yes it does work, I bought my 5L and sprayer for 20 free postage, they’ll have lots of offers on over Easter, it might be one of them again.
    Thanks boffy , Totally Loopy Lou thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Would any of the above work on mouldy/green cotswold chippings, plum slate, & a wall?
    Likes boffy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Loopy Lou View Post
    Sadly I've got a chronic illness that means I can't garden or get out there and scrub (which I would if I were well!), so wetting and forgetting would suit me well!
    Hope you can still enjoy the current sunshine.
    Likes SisterBliss, boffy liked this post