TSV Launches Moving to 9pm

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Let’s face it do you think those companies who do, look forward to sending their staff to present at midnight.
Perhaps the owner maybe a little more willing but having said that even Q in recent times, have moved the TSV morning hour later than the normal 9am resale. Fancy having to travel from up north down to Q for an hours show at 12 midnight.

I bought 2 products last year,an Elemis TSV in July and the Christmas Decleor, both bought days before the launch. I look at this forum to see what,if anything, interests me and then keep trying the website to see if it is live.

QVC have been going for 25 years, so have people only recently started going to bed early ?

Kids have to get up for school and people have to work, blimey really ? who would've believed ? - or is all the whingeing just since Facebook/Twitter was launched ?

9pm TSV means they can bin off the Bargain Hunter, so money saved with one fewer thing to discount. QVC have only themselves to blame for dwindling sales at midnight TSV launches. They release them early in part to get early reviews I expect, and they are now terrified to get to 23:59 with unsold stock.

We have witnessed QVC having TSVs launched with some of all options on advanced order, or just with spectacularly small stocks. The range they carry for even the most popular brands has shrunk drastically. The number of brand they offer has dropped. The extent of their departments has diminished. QVC used to claim they were like a department store. That would be harder to justify these days when they ignore roughly 50% of the population, and rarely offer TSVs outside of beauty, fashion, home and garden.

QVC listen to a narrow range of voices: an echo chamber of deluded customers who think QVC is their friend, and the bean-counters who can see the numbers but not the people. Not a good mix.

that dont bother them its more the stock levels more than anything is going to be the biggest issues (let alone finding the tsvs)

it will have an affect but i cant explain how just yet but anyway i think she meant only the elemis tsv was launching early from what i understood

Launching at 9pm or launching at midnight will not change stock levels and nor will it affect finding TSV items. TSVs will most likely still be available for a 24 hour period.

I would imagine a 9pm launch is just the next stage of Q restructuring their live hours. They used to be live until 2am and this was brought back to 1am. By bringing launch forward to 9pm they could have second airing at 11pm and cease live hours at midnight and restart 9am like they do now. It would mean guests finishing a TSV day will finish at 9pm at the latest instead of midnight, so only one very late night finish which could be preferable for a lot of guests/brands.

Things have changed in that so many TSVs are known early and are available to buy early so no need for midnight launches.

Last edited:
It could be that IW have their Pick of the Day launch at 9, so accumulating sales before people go to bed.

More stock might be needed though, as some choices of the midnight tsv sell out within minutes, thereby leaving those who tune in the morning repeat show having limited choice.

As for shutting down early, that could be true, perhaps midnight ? thus saving QVC having to pay presenters and backstage crew an extra hours pay. Cost cutting ????

My thoughts exactly.

I would never sit up until midnight now ,so long since I did that There is nothing I would want that much and many TSVs are available early anyway.

I prefer the midnight launch but perhaps their viewing figures show that 9.00 pm is when the most people tune in? Seems odd to me as and watching QVC is the last thing I'm inclined to do at that hour, any day of the week.

QVCs TSV launch is only ever on for about 15 minutes anyway, so they’re playing a risky game now were some people might channel hop between Ideal World and QVC and compare the two, thing is if it’s a Marla Wynne top for example for £70 when Ideal World have their three for £30 tops, people might just finally see what a rip off QVC is. They don’t need to launch a TSV anyway, just pop it at the bottom by the big deal section each day.

that dont bother them its more the stock levels more than anything is going to be the biggest issues (let alone finding the tsvs)

Buying shed loads of Elemis and pushing it for weeks on end so we were sick of it will have taught them about stock levels. And any turkeys like gaudy tops and shapeless shark bite hemmed whatevers they won’t shift full stock anyway.

They’ve had TSVs on at midnight were sizes and colours have sold out hours later (strange I know) and still have to manage the same amount of time till the next TSV if it was on at 9pm and sold out at 11. Most people will be in bed by then anyway and people who’ll have wanted it would’ve already bought, so those three hours make absolutely no difference to stock levels.

I would never sit up until midnight now ,so long since I did that There is nothing I would want that much and many TSVs are available early anyway.

I am with you Silver Fox, it must be years since I sat up waiting for a TSV I wanted.

The days of us sitting waiting for Aveda, Molton Brown(in the old days when very cheap) long gone. I sometimes catch the midnight on a Saturday night but that is because I am still up and flick over and for a nose then move on. Now it is not because I have to be up for work I could still sit up if I wanted and still get up for work, but honest truth there is bugger all worth waiting up to midnight for anyway. As has been mentioned we know the item numbers well before the launch and for the past few years, QVC has most available before the official launch to buy.

I used to love sitting up until midnight to see the TSV, because I never had a clue what it would be.

In my defence I was very ill with depression at the time and QVC was ‘my friend’.

'QVC listen to a narrow range of voices: an echo chamber of deluded customers who think QVC is their friend, and the bean-counters who can see the numbers but not the people. Not a good mix'.

Great comment May. They should rename it because launching before midnight makes it Tomorrow's not Today's. 'Buyer's Remorse' would be my suggestion.

I used to love sitting up until midnight to see the TSV, because I never had a clue what it would be.

In my defence I was very ill with depression at the time and QVC was ‘my friend’.

So sorry to hear of your struggle. Hope today finds you well.

I hardly watch any more but what I have noticed is that they repeat the same products over and over all day long. I remember for instance Mally and LG years ago would come on with a TSV but would have lots of other really good great value mixed kits as well. Those days are well gone and they have also started doing TSV'S on pre-order for later dates, I think they are struggling like lots of retail at the moment.

You don't need to defend yourself & I think it's wonderful that you can share that with us. During the last months of her life my beautiful mother would watch QVC during the lonely night time hours when everyone else was asleep, this was in 2002 & she had two favourite presenters, Kara Baker & Julia. After she died I wrote to them & told them how they had taken her mind off what was happening, Julia sent me a wonderful reply & Kara phoned me. I can understand anyone needing to find comfort & if selly telly provides that, so be it.

I can't understand why they say tsv when we can usually buy it days in advance.:mysmilie_17:

We've also seen the demise of a full presentation show, with the tsv tagged on to the last 15 minutes - this drives me nuts !

Generally stock levels of tsvs are calculated so that One Time Only's can be allowed for (although we're lead to believe that its an on the spot decision) - excepting Elemis, where they buy enough in to sink a battleship, and of course most beauty products that take all day to sell.

You don't need to defend yourself & I think it's wonderful that you can share that with us. During the last months of her life my beautiful mother would watch QVC during the lonely night time hours when everyone else was asleep, this was in 2002 & she had two favourite presenters, Kara Baker & Julia. After she died I wrote to them & told them how they had taken her mind off what was happening, Julia sent me a wonderful reply & Kara phoned me. I can understand anyone needing to find comfort & if selly telly provides that, so be it.

Perhaps we should be less unkind to Julia in light of this; I can't help but wonder if, in a similar situation, she'd reply this time, now she's 'established' herself? I hope she would, but I do wonder....
Q was very different in the early days, trying harder, no blogs & social media to promote 'the self': thinking:.........

Latest posts

Back