TSV Launches Moving to 9pm

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The only reason I wont like the 9.00 airing of the tsv is that there is very often something good on the ordinary channels which would mean, if I particularly liked something, I would have to switch over at 9.00 to see it. However I am probably being selfish because I am retired and watch the tsv in bed when it is an item I might be interested in. I do come on here to see what the tsv is likely to be - thanks to SCW and Sazza for giving us a heads up (and anyone else I have not mentioned). I have to say I never watch IW so I wasnt aware that they deal of the day is released at 9.00.

It will be interesting to see how it pans out - whether they just give it 5 mins and then do a proper launch at midnight or do the whole thing at 9.00

I used to love sitting up until midnight to see the TSV, because I never had a clue what it would be.

In my defence I was very ill with depression at the time and QVC was ‘my friend’.

I used to wait up too and never missed the 9pm Bargain Hunter (although it was often difficult to get through, even on Q cut to get the items as there must have been low stock).

Now of course we have the website and we can now see that the BH is just old clearance items.

I can’t remember the last time I purchased a TSV either at midnight or any other time.

Back in the day, if I wasnt interested in the TSV but knew if it sold out there would be good value OTOs I would keep an eye out and the presenters often hinted what they were going to be.

I now look on the forum for OTO but haven’t seen anything I would even consider buying for many years.

BTW is there still a link on the Q website for OTO?

Back in the day, if I wasnt interested in the TSV but knew if it sold out there would be good value OTOs I would keep an eye out and the presenters often hinted what they were going to be.

I now look on the forum for OTO but haven’t seen anything I would even consider buying for many years.

BTW is there still a link on the Q website for OTO?

I used to search “one time only prices” on Q’s website every day , but no OTO’s coming up using this method for a while. Have to wait for it to be posted by SCW these days.

I used to search “one time only prices” on Q’s website every day , but no OTO’s coming up using this method for a while. Have to wait for it to be posted by SCW these days.

Any OTO they’re having is on the home page at the bottom, if you tap on each box at the bottom either “home” or “beauty” or any of them, if there’s a OTO it will show up there too.

Strangely there is an Aurora friendship bracelet showing as TSV but unless I’m missing something the programme doesn’t have an Aurora or jewellery show coming up.

Looks like they are gearing up to announce this

Screenshot_2019-06-18-17-32-18.jpg

Oh guaranteed to be problems....
Fantastic time to be changing over during the summer when the nights are lighter more folk guaranteed to be out enjoying the summer lighter nights either that or away on holiday.
Would have been better after the clocks had gone back more folk tucked in at home with curtain drawn, keeping warm looking to spend for Christmas.

Frankly, they are really just facing reality. The number of "sneaky peaks", as well as early launches, have grown and grown.

While the timing of doing it as we allegedly move into summer seems a bit foolish, we will be in the habit of it by the time that winter creeps around again.

Ideal World may be a bit miffed at QVC stealing their slot. It reminds me of the hoo-hah when BBC moved the 9pm news to 10pm. There will be a lot of fuss for a short while then we'll all carry on as usual.

Assuming QVC will drop broadcasting after midnight, that means they have the TSV hour ready made to still be repeated then... which will mean 2 bites of the cherry (minimum) before most people have turned in for the night.

It also means that 8-9 pm and 9-10 pm will become golden hours for them as they encourage a last rush for the outgoing TSV, before the grand reveal of the new one(and I wonder if the bargain hunter will reappear some other time or be completely dropped).

I'm sure that they are hoping to further boost evening show sales performance.

On top of that, it sounds like savings all round to me. 1 hour less paying staff for live broadcasting. No more bargain hunter reductions. Fewer discounted OTOs.

They can tinker all they want, though, I'm still going to be avoiding buying stuff.

They’ve copied a lot of things from Ideal World, never the good stuff though. I’m wondering if QVC will launch the TSV at (only took 26 years to get to a reasonable hour) 9pm and play repeats from midnight so it saves money and the presenters can knock off even earlier.

May I put my comment then just read yours, great minds eh?! :mysmilie_3:

Email today about it and looks like 9pm is a pre launch. Email doesn't say much but think midnight hour/launch will still happen.

Yes, I suppose there is a benefit on both sides, but what happened recently with regards to the Bare Minerals TSV, was that because it was on a 'pre-sale', it was that certain shades were extremley limited stock when it was 'launched'. Not everyone has access to tech, or feels comfortable ordering online, thus Q are slowly 'treading the path' of alienting a core group of customers. Yes, there are going to be a lot of people who can (and do) shop on line but Q needs to be careful, either get more stock in of a particular product, or don't put a particular product on 'pre-sale'.

Call me stupid but if it launches each day at 9pm that means that it is a current offer for 24 hours. When it launched at 12 each night that was a current offer for 24 hours so how are we getting an extra 3 hours as the headlines of the email shouts. Am I missing something- are they going to overlap?

Since the TSV is previewed days in advance and takes up at least 15 minutes of every show how is this “giving” us extra time as we get far too much time spent on them anyway.

Yes Lati, I get you, it’s 24 hours no matter what time it launches so were are the extra 3 hours coming from?

In Q land everyone regularly goes to 'The Races, provides their visitors with a bountiful supply of toiletries to use & take home, gives gifts to all & sundry from the lollipop lady to the dog walker, wears trainers with dresses & does Open House for all their admiring neighbours every Christmas. In Q land every day contains 27 hours.

Latest posts

Back