BareMinerals TSV 21/06/2019

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I predicted they’d be a problem with the shade when my daughter said the complexion rescue in the lightest shade I got her ages ago was as she said looked orange on her. When she’d previously been a loose mineral user of the porcelain and the lightest in the ready pressed compact foundation. Now that it’s said the stick is coming up darker then that’s only going to cause yet more problems with shade selection.

I bought the stick directly from BareMinerals in the shade Wheat (4.5) as that's the colour I wear in the original CR gel. I find that the stick does appear a lot darker than the corresponding gel shade, so ordered TSV in vanilla and opal for my daughter. I'm more worried about the Opal not suiting her.

Not sure if it's different due to the stick having more coverage. Attempting to load pics of foundation showing on a white background.

Attachments

• IMG_20190618_201611886.jpg
    IMG_20190618_201611886.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_20190618_201633608.jpg
    IMG_20190618_201633608.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 346
Yay, I like 😁

Got mine today. And I must say I really really like it all. Vanilla stick looks same shade as gel and colour much better on me than the wheat (stick).

Bronzer is lovely. It is, as it is called warmth, a warm colour but not orange on me. Take your time opening this as I just took a gouge out of it with my nail.

Lipgloss is pretty. Pale pink and tastes yummy. I don't normally do well with lippy colours so this was a nice surprise. Oh, and it tingles.

Now for the weird little silicon applicator. What can I say? I was sure I wouldn't like it and I........... actually do. Tried the shiny side and, strangely, it works a treat with the gel (tho not tried either side with the stick yet).

Can't comment on the opal as it's for my daughter's birthday next week.

Last edited:
Got mine today. And I must say I really really like it all. Vanilla stick looks same shade as gel and colour much better on me than the wheat (stick).

Bronzer is lovely. It is, as it is called warmth, a warm colour but not orange on me. Take your time opening this as I just took a gouge out of it with my nail.

Lipgloss is pretty. Pale pink and tastes yummy. I don't normally do well with lippy colours so this was a nice surprise. Oh, and it tingles.

Now for the weird little silicon applicator. What can I say? I was sure I wouldn't like it and I........... actually do. Tried the shiny side and, strangely, it works a treat with the gel (tho not tried either side with the stick yet).

Can't comment on the opal as it's for my daughter's birthday next week.

Thanks for your feedback, Banana. I have the vanilla in the CR & it's nice but V light. Was thinking of the wheat in this set, but the stick in your pic looks quite dark. I'm guessing when blending out it'd look better? I don't know whether to order wheat or vanilla. Is the stick in vanilla a bit more cover giving? I guess ideally I'd like the wheat CR & the vanilla stick.
How do you find the blendability & dewiness of the stick?

How orange is the bronzer to a bronzer wimp? I find benefit hoola orange?

I hope you can help before all sells out. Pipa looks dirty in her dark (tan) colour.

Just seen a bit of the morning repeat and I feel sorry for anyone wanting to chose their colour, the models all look in the wrong shade coming out orange, yellow or dark, makes you wonder how difficult it can be to create foundations that actually match skin tones.

Even though I like the CR, I have given this a miss, as I have far too much make up, but I was put off by how shiny the model´s face seemed.

Even though I like the CR, I have given this a miss, as I have far too much make up, but I was put off by how shiny the model´s face seemed.

Think that's the lights as neither the gel nor the stick makes my face shiny

Thanks for your feedback, Banana. I have the vanilla in the CR & it's nice but V light. Was thinking of the wheat in this set, but the stick in your pic looks quite dark. I'm guessing when blending out it'd look better? I don't know whether to order wheat or vanilla. Is the stick in vanilla a bit more cover giving? I guess ideally I'd like the wheat CR & the vanilla stick.
How do you find the blendability & dewiness of the stick?

How orange is the bronzer to a bronzer wimp? I find benefit hoola orange?

I hope you can help before all sells out. Pipa looks dirty in her dark (tan) colour.

Very sorry I'm only replying now, I've been at work all day. My face goes orange very easily. I think it's because makeup tends to oxidise a lot on me. Nobody said I looked orange and I think it's fine. If it's any help I was considering buttercream instead of vanilla. Basically I went..eeny meeny miny mo. Or if you wanted to go slightly darker than that, then natural may be ok for you.

Doesn't seem overly dewy on me but has a nice finish. Blends very easily. In fact, I was a bit heavy handed this morning (slept late..oops) so ended up with a bit of a blob on my face��

Last edited:
Mine came yesterday (vanilla) I thought when I swatched on my hand that the stick was slightly peachier? I wore complexion rescue today and a small swipe of the stick cover redness on my chin, cheeks and nose, it also blended and looked a shade match with complexion rescue. Not tried the warmth bronzer yet, sorry.

I caved & ordered Vanilla on advanced orders, therefore if the reviews are shite I can cancel. Please can anyone who ordered continue to report back to sway my decision? I'm concerned about the bronzer....

I caved & ordered Vanilla on advanced orders, therefore if the reviews are shite I can cancel. Please can anyone who ordered continue to report back to sway my decision? I'm concerned about the bronzer....

I've got the vanilla and happy with it. I found the sheet comparing wheat stick to gel and added vanilla. As it's on a white background take that into account as it's going to be very different on skin. I've also taken a pic of the bronzer next to the one in the it cosmetics palette. Lighting and your screen may not produce the exact colour but at least you can compare the two.. or someone else may have both.

As you'll see I spend far too much on make up. Now to remember how to add pics
:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Fingers crossed

Attachments

• IMG_20190622_124600994.jpg
    IMG_20190622_124600994.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_20190622_124113442.jpg
    IMG_20190622_124113442.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 247
I've got the vanilla and happy with it. I found the sheet comparing wheat stick to gel and added vanilla. As it's on a white background take that into account as it's going to be very different on skin. I've also taken a pic of the bronzer next to the one in the it cosmetics palette. Lighting and your screen may not produce the exact colour but at least you can compare the two.. or someone else may have both.

As you'll see I spend far too much on make up. Now to remember how to add pics
:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Fingers crossed

Very kind & thoughtful, thanks so much, B xx

Latest posts

Back