Vercella Vita Italian Shapewear TSV 13/05/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have just discovered that if you have a hiatus hernia that you shouldn’t be wearing under wired bras, and this sort of thing is recommended to prevent pain.
Whilst I know they don’t quite support you as a normal wired bra, they are at least pain free for me.
Ideal for wearing under loose or dark clothing when you get away without wearing a normal bra.
I’m going to try wearing 2 at once for a little more support.
It’s just a shame that if you have big boobs, there is very little available anywhere.
It’s the same for bikini tops, try getting one in a large size with no wires - I’m going to try to make my own bikini tops now, since I can’t buy what I need!

I have just discovered that if you have a hiatus hernia that you shouldn’t be wearing under wired bras, and this sort of thing is recommended to prevent pain.
Whilst I know they don’t quite support you as a normal wired bra, they are at least pain free for me.
Ideal for wearing under loose or dark clothing when you get away without wearing a normal bra.
It’s just a shame that if you have big boobs, there is very little available anywhere.
It’s the same for bikini tops, try getting one in a large size with no wires - I’m going to try to make my own bikini tops now, since I can’t buy what I need!

I hope I don’t offend anyone here as I can assure you that this would be the last thing I intend. Anyway after many years having difficulty getting a comfortable bra (no decent fitters here and chain store fitter are totally useless in my experience) I sort of managed with TShirt underwire bras but the brand I used stopped doing my size. The only bra I could get which wasn’t under wired, soft padded (hate nipple show at my age) was a M&S post surgery bra. They are not glamorous and no colour choice but they are really comfortable and supportive. I feel bad buying them when I’m not using them for their intended customer, as said don’t want to appear I’m making light of ladies who have no choice.

Thanks for that information - have just had a look, but not much available in my size, and most of the ones that are have a zip at front which is likely to press on problem area.
But definitely worth a look, thanks and another avenue to peruse, maternity bras may also be worth a look.

Underwire bras aren’t recommended for mastectomy prosthesis wearers damage from wires invalidate prosthesis warranty.

Thanks for that information - have just had a look, but not much available in my size, and most of the ones that are have a zip at front which is likely to press on problem area.
But definitely worth a look, thanks and another avenue to peruse, maternity bras may also be worth a look.

The ones I got from marks are normal with little internal pockets which I obviously don’t use, not underwired and not zipped.

I hope I don’t offend anyone here as I can assure you that this would be the last thing I intend. Anyway after many years having difficulty getting a comfortable bra (no decent fitters here and chain store fitter are totally useless in my experience) I sort of managed with TShirt underwire bras but the brand I used stopped doing my size. The only bra I could get which wasn’t under wired, soft padded (hate nipple show at my age) was a M&S post surgery bra. They are not glamorous and no colour choice but they are really comfortable and supportive. I feel bad buying them when I’m not using them for their intended customer, as said don’t want to appear I’m making light of ladies who have no choice.

Thanks for this. I'm constantly searching too. Do the surgery bras give support & uplift? Mine are Probably DD & non wired can make them look like bags of sand. The Doreen is very supportive but the really wide bands just rub under my armpits & it shows under vest tops etc....

I have not had surgery that affects my boobs but years ago did have haemo dialysis & had to have a line in my neck to dialyse through. Bra straps often used to catch on it that caused a lot of pain so I found these sorts of bras invaluable(I usually wear underwired so took me a while to get used to) When I had ovarian cancer a few years back I went back to wearing these bras as they are so comfy & don't irritate sensitive skin either. I have heard of people wearing two at a time but I found them fine. I am still suffering with loss of muscle tone due to a huge scar from a full hysterectomy & find Vercellas camis & pants fab for keeping everything held in. I get mine from the QVC outlet shop sometimes (only the sealed boxes so I know they haven't been worn)

I have a hiatus hernia too and agree that wired bras aren`t advisable. One of the best non wired bras IMO which still gives great support, is very comfortable and available in umpteen sizes is the classic Berlei bra which has been around forever. Prices can vary from website to website but the likes of cotton traders often have them on offer at a great price, plus other sites such as Simply Be, JD Williams etc etc. They last forever and are really comfortable because they have a kind of elastic under support which expands and contracts as you move, sit or lie down.
https://www.berlei.com/products/Cla...d-Bras/B510-Non-Wired-Total-Support-Bra/White

The last time I wore an under-wired bra was two years ago, it was new & one of the wires pinged out. M&S gave me my money back & recommended this one*, I was measured & bought three - black, neutral & white. They're not going to get pulses racing but they are reasonably priced, supportive & comfortable. *First 2 links. I've added another link for one I've seen but not tried.
https://www.marksandspencer.com/flo...er-full-cup-a-dd-bra/p/p20032717?prevPage=plp
https://www.marksandspencer.com/non...T33_7020A_Y0_X_EC_90&color=BLACK&prevPage=plp
https://www.marksandspencer.com/tot...ver-full-cup-b-g-bra/p/p20032770?prevPage=plp

I have a hiatus hernia too and agree that wired bras aren`t advisable. One of the best non wired bras IMO which still gives great support, is very comfortable and available in umpteen sizes is the classic Berlei bra which has been around forever. Prices can vary from website to website but the likes of cotton traders often have them on offer at a great price, plus other sites such as Simply Be, JD Williams etc etc. They last forever and are really comfortable because they have a kind of elastic under support which expands and contracts as you move, sit or lie down.
https://www.berlei.com/products/Cla...d-Bras/B510-Non-Wired-Total-Support-Bra/White

Thanks V. I wore this bra for years, not the same one obviously, loved it then couldn't find a stockist in those pre-internet years. I'll treat myself to a couple as I agree with you that they're fantastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks very much for these links,an underwired bra is so uncomfortable for me now and the VV look so lightweight and offering little support.

The last time I wore an under-wired bra was two years ago, it was new & one of the wires pinged out. M&S gave me my money back & recommended this one*, I was measured & bought three - black, neutral & white. They're not going to get pulses racing but they are reasonably priced, supportive & comfortable. *First 2 links. I've added another link for one I've seen but not tried.
https://www.marksandspencer.com/flo...er-full-cup-a-dd-bra/p/p20032717?prevPage=plp
https://www.marksandspencer.com/non...T33_7020A_Y0_X_EC_90&color=BLACK&prevPage=plp
https://www.marksandspencer.com/tot...ver-full-cup-b-g-bra/p/p20032770?prevPage=plp

Thank you lovely V and T, I have a Hiatus Hernia too so I was looking for some comfort bras, these look interesting thank you xxx :mysmilie_3:

I swore off underwires a few years ago. I've got a weird sticky out rib cage and had endured years of torture for the sake of hoiked up boobs but then I discovered this range from M&S (apologies if the link has already been posted) and they are ****** marvellous. They scoop everything up, keep it in place and all without channeling any Doreen* vibes - highly recommend.

https://www.marksandspencer.com/MSF...24&storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&categoryId=0

*apologies to anyone who wears this bra, I tried it and it made me look like I had a pair of torpedoes up front :mysmilie_17:

I swore off underwires a few years ago. I've got a weird sticky out rib cage and had endured years of torture for the sake of hoiked up boobs but then I discovered this range from M&S (apologies if the link has already been posted) and they are ****** marvellous. They scoop everything up, keep it in place and all without channeling any Doreen* vibes - highly recommend.

https://www.marksandspencer.com/MSF...24&storeId=10151&catalogId=10051&categoryId=0

*apologies to anyone who wears this bra, I tried it and it made me look like I had a pair of torpedoes up front :mysmilie_17:

There's a whole page here. Which is the one, T? Most have wires?

Like those 1950s bras were if you turn round too quick you could take someone’s eye out, mind you I suppose in those days with those bras you were never short of somewhere to hang your coat. :mysmilie_17:

Little known in the UK but very popular in the US is a brand called Glamorise. Mum like the Magic Lift, I used to like the front fastening Elegance. They were very hard to get over here for a while so I had to try other brands, but I think I might go back to the Elegance soon as I'm fed up with the wires poking me from other brands - I never had that problem with Glamorise.

My mum, bless her, had to wear a body cast but still refused to go without a bra. My aunt was over from America and gave her her Glamorise to try. Perfect! Supremely comfortable, didn't catch on the cast or cause pain with the bra being compressed against it when sitting and gave her a nice shape. My aunt would either send or bring them over but they are available in several styles from a few online retailers like JD Williams and Simply Be.

Oh, if anyone buys the front fastening bras with the single clip, it's really easy to use, despite some reviews I've read; just break the clasp apart (like snapping a breadstick), then lift the little pole (on the right IIRC) out from the clasp. Then, to do it up, just slot the pole back into the clasp and break it closed firmly again.

Little known in the UK but very popular in the US is a brand called Glamorise. Mum like the Magic Lift, I used to like the front fastening Elegance. They were very hard to get over here for a while so I had to try other brands, but I think I might go back to the Elegance soon as I'm fed up with the wires poking me from other brands - I never had that problem with Glamorise.

My mum, bless her, had to wear a body cast but still refused to go without a bra. My aunt was over from America and gave her her Glamorise to try. Perfect! Supremely comfortable, didn't catch on the cast or cause pain with the bra being compressed against it when sitting and gave her a nice shape. My aunt would either send or bring them over but they are available in several styles from a few online retailers like JD Williams and Simply Be.

Oh, if anyone buys the front fastening bras with the single clip, it's really easy to use, despite some reviews I've read; just break the clasp apart (like snapping a breadstick), then lift the little pole (on the right IIRC) out from the clasp. Then, to do it up, just slot the pole back into the clasp and break it closed firmly again.

Cant find.. :-s

Latest posts

Back