In The Salon with SBC TSV 15/05/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tempted by this but I've got so much body stuff. Love watermelon though. Will wait for the presentations and does a shower gel really work as a shampoo?

CC

I just bought a 400ml watermelon body wash from Holland and Barratt for £3.97 which is a lot cheaper than the single item from SBC. H&B do a coconut one as well. We'll see what it's like and if it's rubbish well it cost me less than the postage to return an item to QVC.

CC

I just bought a 400ml watermelon body wash from Holland and Barratt for £3.97 which is a lot cheaper than the single item from SBC. H&B do a coconut one as well. We'll see what it's like and if it's rubbish well it cost me less than the postage to return an item to QVC.

CC

Was it by Faith in Nature? I love their products & their ethics.

Now you're saying that I think it was Faith in Nature. They had shampoos as well. Their postage was reasonable as well and I got two manuka honey shampoos for £6.50 - one was just a penny! I'm turning into my mum :mysmilie_17:

CC

Totally agree. Since I discovered their Tea Tree body wash, I haven't bothered buying any more ABC. And I'm saving a fortune as well.
A friend of mine was worried that her 2 year old was starting with eczema as he seemed in pain when she was bathing him. I said it might be the SLS so I bought her a bottle of the Aloe Vera wash (I thought he was possibly a bit young for Tea Tree) and she said the change has been amazing. He no longer struggles to get out of the bath anymore. So I was chuffed with that result.

Totally agree. Since I discovered their Tea Tree body wash, I haven't bothered buying any more ABC. And I'm saving a fortune as well.
A friend of mine was worried that her 2 year old was starting with eczema as he seemed in pain when she was bathing him. I said it might be the SLS so I bought her a bottle of the Aloe Vera wash (I thought he was possibly a bit young for Tea Tree) and she said the change has been amazing. He no longer struggles to get out of the bath anymore. So I was chuffed with that result.

Oh bless lovely happy bath times
Good on you for being so caring :mysmilie_851:

I like Faith In Nature stuff too. I love their laundry liquid but they`ve now stopped making it but thankfully I can still track it down here and there. It seems they`ve stopped doing the household products to concentrate on personal products such as bodywashes, shampoos etc which is sad because their laundry liquid and their washing up liquid were great and lasted forever due to the small amount needed.
My Husband likes their block soaps but he`s a soap fan and hates shower gels etc. The only product I ever had any issues with was a shampoo which had lavender/geranium in it and it made my scalp itch but I`m fine with other "flavours" from their shampoo range.

SBC 4 Piece Summer Skincare Collection

Single
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.239022

Auto-Delivery
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.239809

QVC Price £39.00
Todays Special Value Price £28.94
P&P £4.95

This four-piece Summer Skincare Collection from SBC includes their NEW Refreshing Watermelon 2-in-1 Shower Gel and Shampoo in Supersize and NEW Refreshing Watermelon Skincare Gel, as well as a Shower Melt and Skincare Gel both from the gorgeous Coconut & Plumeria range. Treat your skin to a boost of moisturisation and uplift your senses with this exotic skincare collection.

*A great saving: if you were to buy this four-piece SBC collection after today from QVC you’d pay £39, plus P&P. So for our Today's Special Value price of just £28.94, plus P&P, you’re saving £10.06.

Brand new launch - this collection includes the introduction of SBC's new Watermelon range, in the form of a Supersize 1 litre 2-in-1 Shower Gel & Shampoo, and a moisturising Skincare Gel. With a fresh and fruity aroma, these wonderful watermelon products will become the stars of your bathroom skincare routine.

Tropical scents - a luxurious, sensory experience perfect for the start of summer, the exciting new Watermelon range complements the popular hydrating Coconut & Plumeria range to form a truly ‘tropical’ collection.

Complete bath and body regime - this set has your summer body skincare regime covered and boasts an array of natural ingredients. Designed to help soothe and moisturise your skin, it's especially ideal for use on dry skin or following increased sun exposure.

Stock up on SBC - select our Auto Delivery option and receive one more drop of this fantastic collection in 90 days at today’s incredible price, and continue to enjoy the tropical fragrances throughout summer.

Contains:

1 x NEW Refreshing Watermelon Shower Gel & Shampoo (1L; supersize) - a moisturising shower gel and shampoo in one, designed to help soothe and soften the feel of your skin, as well as to promote shiny, healthy-looking hair. Contains a blend of fruit acid, vitamin C, vitamin A and pro vitamin B5
1 x NEW Refreshing Watermelon Skincare Gel (250ml) - a lightweight gel moisturiser designed to help hydrate your skin. Formulated with glycerine and boasting a delicate, summery scent
1 x Coconut & Plumeria Shower Melt (500ml) - an indulgent body cleanser that melts onto the skin, infused with coconut and shea butter, papaya seed oil and plumeria extract
1 x Coconut & Plumeria Shimmer Skincare Gel (500ml) - a tropical-scented skincare gel, infused with coconut and plumeria extract, and formulated to help condition the skin. With added shimmer to leave skin with a beautiful glow

Had a quick look, not all items available individually on Q, couldn’t locate the price of the watermelon skincare gel (250ml),estimated at £16.02 and the litre shower gel at approx £29. I have tried to price individually & get it to about £86. So without p&p , about a third of the price. Although the Coconut items separately are £18 & £23.25 respectively coming to the £86, they also do them as a set for £27, this would take the value to approx £72. Will do proper ml for ml when all available, normally on the day of the TSV.
I think it’s a great price, still not buying, getting obsessed with not buying from Q at the moment, I’m sure something will come along soon to test me.

Not all products available so used prices of similar products.

ml for ml
1 x NEW Refreshing Watermelon Shower Gel & Shampoo (1L; supersize) - Worth approx £29 cost £11.39
1 x NEW Refreshing Watermelon Skincare Gel (250ml) - Worth approx £16.02 cost £6.29
1 x Coconut & Plumeria Shower Melt (500ml) -individually at QVC Worth £18 cost £7.08
1 x Coconut & Plumeria Shimmer Skincare Gel (500ml) - individually at QVC Worth £23.25 cost £9.13
Total Worth priced individually approx £86.27 cost £33.89 including p&p in calculations.

Thanks once again Lloyd, I had already bought yesterday when it went live, but it always makes me happy when I see your price calculations and I feel that I am getting a good price. Judging by how well the Propolis set went down with my family I am quite confident that this set is going to be another hit with them and that everything will be used and enjoyed xx

Did anyone purchase the SBC propolis shampoo and conditioner, just wondering how you are finding them please?

Did anyone purchase the SBC propolis shampoo and conditioner, just wondering how you are finding them please?

I did Dream Girl and I do like them, quite a strong honey-ish fragrance which I like and the conditioner is reasonably nourishing on my dry hair. Also popular with my 20 and 22 year old sons and son's girlfriend who has long blonde died hair, she also enjoys using it when she stays over. I don't have a problem with an itchy scalp which I know it is supposed to help with, so can't say whether it is useful for that. I got them in the TSV so it was good value for money.

I did Dream Girl and I do like them, quite a strong honey-ish fragrance which I like and the conditioner is reasonably nourishing on my dry hair. Also popular with my 20 and 22 year old sons and son's girlfriend who has long blonde died hair, she also enjoys using it when she stays over. I don't have a problem with an itchy scalp which I know it is supposed to help with, so can't say whether it is useful for that. I got them in the TSV so it was good value for money.

That’s brilliant thank you I see the TSV set is still available so don’t know if just to try the shampoo conditioner set or that.
Just a quick question, after washing and conditioning is the hair left smooth and tangle free please?

That’s brilliant thank you I see the TSV set is still available so don’t know if just to try the shampoo conditioner set or that.
Just a quick question, after washing and conditioning is the hair left smooth and tangle free please?

Well, the TSV set is great value, the honey and almond wash is very nice, non drying and smells lush, the hand and foot cream is also excellent, very nourishing, I have been using the propolis on face and body after a bath now and again, Hubby used it on an itchy rash on the back of his legs and it did immediately stop the itch and within a couple of days it healed up. So, I would say if you are going to use the other products the TSV set is worth it. The shampoo and conditioner does leave my hair reasonably smooth and tangle free, not as good as the Tweaked, but then its much cheaper than the Tweaked, it certainly gets your hair very clean and smelling nice and then a generous dollop of conditioner does nourish and condition. I suppose it depends on the condition of your hair DG, if it is very dry I would think the propolis isn't nourishing enough, but if it's a bit dry like mine, or normal or oily I would think it would be great for you.

Well, the TSV set is great value, the honey and almond wash is very nice, non drying and smells lush, the hand and foot cream is also excellent, very nourishing, I have been using the propolis on face and body after a bath now and again, Hubby used it on an itchy rash on the back of his legs and it did immediately stop the itch and within a couple of days it healed up. So, I would say if you are going to use the other products the TSV set is worth it. The shampoo and conditioner does leave my hair reasonably smooth and tangle free, not as good as the Tweaked, but then its much cheaper than the Tweaked, it certainly gets your hair very clean and smelling nice and then a generous dollop of conditioner does nourish and condition. I suppose it depends on the condition of your hair DG, if it is very dry I would think the propolis isn't nourishing enough, but if it's a bit dry like mine, or normal or oily I would think it would be great for you.

Seems great thanks the lot for your help, much appreciated

TSV arrived this afternoon and I just used the watermelon in the shower on body and shampoo followed by propolis conditioner, very nice fruity smell, non-drying, hair is clean soft and shiny. Followed with the watermelon gel on body and face, nice and cooling after spending an hour in the garden earlier. Very pleased again with SBC:mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back