In The Salon with SBC TSV 15/05/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks SCW, I will probably give this a go, my family are loving the propolis set I got last tsv

Wonder how much this will be - I’m guessing £35-£40 inc P&P. I’m determined not to buy it though!

The Watermelon items sound nice and I bet they smell good but their only benefits seem to be hydration and revitalisation. I’ve got dozens of other products like that. I’ll try to resist.

Can anyone tell me what the coconut and plumeria scent is like please? I am very tempted by this TSV as long as it's not a sickly coconut smell. Thanks!

Can anyone tell me what the coconut and plumeria scent is like please? I am very tempted by this TSV as long as it's not a sickly coconut smell. Thanks!

I was absolutely sure I had some Coconut & Plumeria items in the stash but just checked and I don't, sorry. I must have resisted whatever set it was I was last considering or else I'm fantasising because I'm depriving myself! I used to love anything with coconut in but I really don't like Yankee Coconut Splash because it doesn't have the slightly buttery coconutty fragrance I'm used to. The reviews for this SBC duo are not terribly flattering on the subject of the smell. In fact, it doesn't sound like there's much coconut in there at all.

I was absolutely sure I had some Coconut & Plumeria items in the stash but just checked and I don't, sorry. I must have resisted whatever set it was I was last considering or else I'm fantasising because I'm depriving myself! I used to love anything with coconut in but I really don't like Yankee Coconut Splash because it doesn't have the slightly buttery coconutty fragrance I'm used to. The reviews for this SBC duo are not terribly flattering on the subject of the smell. In fact, it doesn't sound like there's much coconut in there at all.

Thanks AndiK - because I'm so fussy re coconut I'm wary, especially in light of those reviews. What I'm looking for is like you say, that buttery coconut smell vs the synthetic pong that's so common. Right now, I'm loving the smell of this stuff (it's ridiculously expensive, hence the search for a cheaper replacement) as it smells like coconut cheesecake, lush!

https://tropicskincare.com/collecti...tahitian-vanilla-and-coconut-luxury-bath-foam

Thanks AndiK - because I'm so fussy re coconut I'm wary, especially in light of those reviews. What I'm looking for is like you say, that buttery coconut smell vs the synthetic pong that's so common. Right now, I'm loving the smell of this stuff (it's ridiculously expensive, hence the search for a cheaper replacement) as it smells like coconut cheesecake, lush!

https://tropicskincare.com/collecti...tahitian-vanilla-and-coconut-luxury-bath-foam

Hi Tarketta, I have had the coconut and pulmeria before and don't think it is particularly coconutty, must be more pulmeriary whatever that smells like. The gel has a nice subtle shimmer. I have ordered it as I am keen to try the watermelon shower gel/shampoo.

You naughty thing! And how come you found it when I couldn't?! That sounds like a good price (cue llloyd, who I know is lurking to do the calculations!). Now I've looked into the smell of the Coconut & Plumeria, I'm put off though. Which is good!

Oh, that does sound nice. Yes, the synthetic coconut smell which is more and more common is really not my thing either. Again, those reviews suggest that's what the C&P in the TSV are like.

Andi, just when you’ve got a mo, go to the deals section on their website, were the “big deal” box is, and just click the section you’re interested in. I just clicked beauty and voila! there it is xx :mysmilie_17:

I have to agree with there being not much smell of coconut and do find it quite synthetic and perfumey but that’s my opinion, we all like different things my Forum buddies. :mysmilie_3:

Andi, just when you’ve got a mo, go to the deals section on their website, were the “big deal” box is, and just click the section you’re interested in. I just clicked beauty and voila! there it is xx :mysmilie_17:

I have to agree with there being not much smell of coconut and do find it quite synthetic and perfumey but that’s my opinion, we all like different things my Forum buddies. :mysmilie_3:

Aha! I have never thought to look at that area before! A whole new source of temptation, but one which I'll fight. You had better start posting some Aldi and Ideal World bargains to make up for it! Thank you, though.

You naughty thing! And how come you found it when I couldn't?! That sounds like a good price (cue llloyd, who I know is lurking to do the calculations!). Now I've looked into the smell of the Coconut & Plumeria, I'm put off though. Which is good!

Oh, that does sound nice. Yes, the synthetic coconut smell which is more and more common is really not my thing either. Again, those reviews suggest that's what the C&P in the TSV are like.

Had a quick look, not all items available individually on Q, couldn’t locate the price of the watermelon skincare gel (250ml),estimated at £16.02 and the litre shower gel at approx £29. I have tried to price individually & get it to about £86. So without p&p , about a third of the price. Although the Coconut items separately are £18 & £23.25 respectively coming to the £86, they also do them as a set for £27, this would take the value to approx £72. Will do proper ml for ml when all available, normally on the day of the TSV.
I think it’s a great price, still not buying, getting obsessed with not buying from Q at the moment, I’m sure something will come along soon to test me.

Three mascaras again!!!!!

I don’t like Benefit to be honest DG, they test on animals, but I think it’s popular on QVC, I think even the Benefit lovers will be bored to tears, uninspired and not the least bit excited with this one.......I may be wrong though. :mysmilie_17:

I like SBC & have bought directly from them for some years.However, I won't buy anything in a pump bottle or spray because the wretched things can't be recycled & I'm horrified by the plastic we're dumping in landfill & the oceans. This limits me in many ways but I'd rather have a clear conscience than the perfect amount of gloop in my hand, on my face or hair.

I don’t like Benefit to be honest DG, they test on animals, but I think it’s popular on QVC, I think even the Benefit lovers will be bored to tears, uninspired and not the least bit excited with this one.......I may be wrong though. :mysmilie_17:

I couldn’t agree more Shopperholic

Must have sold the previous time it was a TSV. And when mascaras have been offers before. Would think there’s a point when there’s over kill of the same old, same old though.

Latest posts

Back