Garden Makeover TSV 16/05/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can't believe they are still selling this rubbish..I still have mine but only because my sparrows love bathing in it

Blimey I bought one of their first Bernini fountains and it cost under £50. Look at this price ! I was disappointed in mine - when I set it up the 2nd summer the solar panel didn’t work but it was over a year old so QVC weren’t interested. I had to buy a new panel from the manufacturers. Same in the 3rd summer so obviously the panels are made to last just one summer. I kept the base as a bird bath but a couple of years later it was so brittle that it cracked and I took it to the dump.

That’s the end of my involvement with Bernini.

Been thinking about a fountain but will resist. Wasn't there a problem about replacement batteries not being available? Thought there was a post about it a while back. Not buying any more garden stuff just now - I noticed how much I ordered on advanced delivery and I really need to do a bit of overtime to cover it!!

CC

I’m very interested in the Holly folding cocoon chair. The had one non folding one last year which went on to wait list very early in year and never came back.

This year the folding one sold out very quickly and they offered a different one but over £ 100 dearer.

I see today that the folding one is back at £249 - does anyone remember the price of the stock a month or so ago?

Been thinking about a fountain but will resist. Wasn't there a problem about replacement batteries not being available? Thought there was a post about it a while back. Not buying any more garden stuff just now - I noticed how much I ordered on advanced delivery and I really need to do a bit of overtime to cover it!!

CC

I wonder if this one is mains operated that would be better...there is one on now an elephant fountain and its mains operated. you should get a year guarantee on the mains one as the battery ones only have 6 months which is a joke at those prices!

I quite liked the elephant one until Mr CC came into the room and had a laughing fit "who in their right mind would buy that?" Er, me! I'm not though, far too dear and it's quite small.

CC

I’m very interested in the Holly folding cocoon chair. The had one non folding one last year which went on to wait list very early in year and never came back.

This year the folding one sold out very quickly and they offered a different one but over £ 100 dearer.

I see today that the folding one is back at £249 - does anyone remember the price of the stock a month or so ago?

Quick update in case anyone else interested in this. Took the plunge and ordered at weekend arrived today (Wednesday). Box heavy used a trolley to get it around to garden but once there only took about 15 mins and one person (a second on standby would be handy) to assemble.

Very sturdy, seemed legs not level but once chair on it was perfect so perhaps designed this way. Cushions good but not weather proof so need a fair space to store but all in all a very very comfortable seat, wouldnt sit on it with a hangover though!

Early birthday pressie to myself. Is it a sign I am in My dotage as this is my preference over jewellery this year?

CC

Yes, lots of reviews of Bernini water features mention the short life of batteries and then having no UK dealership to buy spares from. I think these types of things look good initially but having to keep topping up water due to evaporation and the inevitable build up of algae/slime would make them a bit of faff.

Blimey I bought one of their first Bernini fountains and it cost under £50. Look at this price ! I was disappointed in mine - when I set it up the 2nd summer the solar panel didn’t work but it was over a year old so QVC weren’t interested. I had to buy a new panel from the manufacturers. Same in the 3rd summer so obviously the panels are made to last just one summer. I kept the base as a bird bath but a couple of years later it was so brittle that it cracked and I took it to the dump.

That’s the end of my involvement with Bernini.

Me too Erics Mum. I couldn't believe the price of this, and certainly wouldn't fork out for it now. Mine lasted 2 years before it ended up as a bird bath, then hit the skip. Like another poster said, the water kept evaporating, and the algae needed clearing out - same with all fountains I know, but what you dream in your head sadly doesn't match up with reality !!!!

And another thing... does Michael Perry speak ???? We've gone from one extreme to the other, whereas Mr self promotion - the Gnome never stopped ****** talking, I've rarely heard this one utter more than a few words - well, who can with Gaunt features and Craig waving his arms about, I suppose.

Yes, he is handsome but he knows it. I'll let him off though as he's more appealing that the other presenters and guests.

CC

gorgeous tall dark and very Handsome. hes a real poser on instagram I am always having a peek! cant resist

Latest posts

Back