Garden Pick of the Month

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks Sazza. I’ve bought the Aldi snowman. Thought they’d be sold out but there were lots available in all 4 choices.

I think I only got one cos it was so expensive on QVC and I thought I’d risk it for a fiver. He’s quite cute but definitely not worth £22.99. Perhaps the QVC one is better quality though.

its a lot bigger someone has shown it on facebook. the problem is they are all going to rust no matter how much you have paid for them. I do love these critters in my garden so will get to Aldi asap

its a lot bigger someone has shown it on facebook. the problem is they are all going to rust no matter how much you have paid for them. I do love these critters in my garden so will get to Aldi asap

That’s true if left outside they’re going to rust. I bought them to go by our fireplace, and these are the perfect size for that and the other two (I bought the four pack and an extra penguin) can go in the porch, the grandkiddies faces will light up when they open the door and see them, so for me the Aldi size is perfect, well worth a fiver. :mysmilie_3:

Oh yes, I hadn’t realised how big the QVC ones are but they’re 36cm tall, so a good 14 inches. To be honest, I’m happier with the smaller Aldi ones as I bought them for indoors and I don’t know where I’d put the big one (no funny comments, please!).

I went in Aldi late yesterday and they’d all gone in our store bar one penguin, felt sorry for it so bought him/her. The quality was really good so when QVCs goes back up to £29 plus say £4.95 postage, the only difference I can see extra for £29 is a little tin book under Father Christmas arm and a tree under the snowman. When I was at the till I was chatting to the woman serving and she said she had a couple through on Thursday who were fuming, they’d paid £23 for the exact same thing “from QVC is it?”.............QVC? Indeed :mysmilie_17:

:mysmilie_17: I think you're turning into me, that's the sort of thing I do.

CC

OMG, me too! I honestly thought I was the only one and don’t think I’ve admitted it before! I still have a cuddly mouse toy that was sitting by the till in Ikea and a mini teddy that fixed me with its eye in a gift shop and I couldn’t leave without him.

CC, nothing wrong with that :mysmilie_3:

Oh yes, I hadn’t realised how big the QVC ones are but they’re 36cm tall, so a good 14 inches. To be honest, I’m happier with the smaller Aldi ones as I bought them for indoors and I don’t know where I’d put the big one (no funny comments, please!).

Shopper says........:mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15: :mysmilie_11:

OMG, me too! I honestly thought I was the only one and don’t think I’ve admitted it before! I still have a cuddly mouse toy that was sitting by the till in Ikea and a mini teddy that fixed me with its eye in a gift shop and I couldn’t leave without him.

Ahhh I know Andi, it’s worse when you pass a charity shop window and the bear just looks out at you, yes that that poor unwanted, unloved bear........I’m filling up here :mysmilie_512:

CC

CC, nothing wrong with that :mysmilie_3:

Ahhh I know Andi, it’s worse when you pass a charity shop window and the bear just looks out at you, yes that that poor unwanted, unloved bear........I’m filling up here :mysmilie_512:

What’s wrong with us??! I got tearful too!

CC

Me too. When we had a pond in the garden we bought all the fish at the garden centre so there'd be no lonely ones. Not saying there were 30 of them or anything....

poundworld are online and do lovely bird food and soooooo cheap the postage is £4.95 but it pays for itself as the quality is exceptional

Latest posts

Back