Beauty Day, Have you bought anything?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I watched part of the Shay & Blue show but did not fancy or already own ones they showed. Now it they had the Black Leather Club on easy pay I would have jumped.

ahh Donnaa I bought the try me set Shay and blue is the quality good. one thing I hate is fragrance that wears off after 5 mins. that also costs a fortune l'occitane are terrible for example

Yes, excellent quality boffy. I am not a fan of Blood Oranges hate the smell of oranges and read the notes for cucumber another no for me. Black Tulip is gorgeou big and heady, Beladonna one is really lovely.

Most beauty products react badly with my skin so I don’t bother switching on.

Despite trying a tactful hint someone buys me expensive boxed sets every year and they are still lying in the cupboard. Such a waste of money but even the suggestion of a donation to a woman’s self help charity didn’t work.

You could ebay/sell the gifts/donate as raffle prizes for a similar themed charity...

I shopped with QVC for the first twenty years but came to my senses about five years ago and haven’t bought since, I did however buy a beauty product from Ideal World. https://www.idealworld.tv/gb/pp/ros...%2fen_GB%2f%24s%3drosalique&fh_sort=-stock_iw I can’t wait to get it, I’ve started to get a touch of high colouring and having done my research on the webternet I bought a couple because the price is great. I’ll send them back if it doesn’t work for me but fingers crossed :mysmilie_3:

I wish I.W would list ingredients....Can you help here? Also, can you use/try a product & then return to IW (like at Q)

Last edited by a moderator:
SisterBliss....I wish I.W would list ingredients....Can you help here? Also, can you use/try a product & then return to IW (like at Q)[/QUOTE]

Scroll down to almost near the bottom, third dot from the bottom, and the list of ingredients are there. https://rosalique.co.uk/. Also not tested on animals and yes, Ideal World are free used returns via Asda in 14 days or you can buy a Collect Plus label when you purchase your order to return the whole order through Collect Plus for £1.49

SisterBliss....I wish I.W would list ingredients....Can you help here? Also, can you use/try a product & then return to IW (like at Q)

Scroll down to almost near the bottom, third dot from the bottom, and the list of ingredients are there. https://rosalique.co.uk/. Also not tested on animals and yes, Ideal World are free used returns via Asda in 14 days or you can buy a Collect Plus label when you purchase your order to return the whole order through Collect Plus for £1.49[/QUOTE]

Thanks, great simple instructions,Shoppy.
I do like the look of this, perhaps for Mr & will have a proper read later, when Mr B isn't nagging to get on my 'Office' driving seat.
Just to confirm, you can actually USE stuff & then return it to IW?

Scroll down to almost near the bottom, third dot from the bottom, and the list of ingredients are there. https://rosalique.co.uk/. Also not tested on animals and yes, Ideal World are free used returns via Asda in 14 days or you can buy a Collect Plus label when you purchase your order to return the whole order through Collect Plus for £1.49

Thanks, great simple instructions,Shoppy.
I do like the look of this, perhaps for Mr & will have a proper read later, when Mr B isn't nagging to get on my 'Office' driving seat.
Just to confirm, you can actually USE stuff & then return it to IW?[/QUOTE]

Yes SB, if you’ve used it and don’t like it you can return it in 14 days :mysmilie_3:

Nope ! Beauty and Gardening days are huuuuge turn offs for me.

I bought a Shay & Blue perfume yonks ago, and for the price I expected the fragrance to last much longer. It now gets used as a spritzer in the guest bedroom before the rellies turn up.

Nope ! Beauty and Gardening days are huuuuge turn offs for me.

I bought a Shay & Blue perfume yonks ago, and for the price I expected the fragrance to last much longer. It now gets used as a spritzer in the guest bedroom before the rellies turn up.

oh dont say that fingers crossed!

I bought nothing. I'm stocked up with all the things that I use and a lot were bought elsewhere and were cheaper than the prices that QVC charges.

the shay and blu 5 piece set is £75 on their website and I have one bar of l'occy soap left from years of stashing. so I can now buy the shea soaps in the big bars. have not used these for years so its all good. saved over £50.00 even taking into account the postage

WOW!!!! Really? I get a good 6 plus hours out of Shay & Blue perfumes.

A friend in work was telling me yesterday she ordered a Liz Earle set of 4 Superskin products including the Night Mask thing. I mentioned that Liz Earle and Boots has the Superskin range at 20% off, but it was the 4 easy pay that lured her. Now, I do like the Superskin moisturiser, actually using the Neroli one at the moment bought from Boots in the sale after Xmas in a set. Also really like the eye cream again I buy in the sales after Xmas. You get the full-size eye cream and Eye Bright with a headband.

ahh Donnaa I bought the try me set Shay and blue is the quality good. one thing I hate is fragrance that wears off after 5 mins. that also costs a fortune l'occitane are terrible for example

I thought that L'occitane were some of the best ones, some last all day on me, for example Grasse collection was excellent that was sadly discontinued, I think that on of Grasse is still being sold - Orchid

I thought that L'occitane were some of the best ones, some last all day on me, for example Grasse collection was excellent that was sadly discontinued, I think that on of Grasse is still being sold - Orchid

the grass range was ok bought the eep, oops and body lotion but only really liked one. its the newer ones like Terre de lumiere

I bought two of the Grasse collection, no the wishy-washy ones the blue iris was awful. But I admit I got the two I have the Vanille & Narcisse and Ambre & Santal from eBay brand new and under £30!

I bought two of the Grasse collection, no the wishy-washy ones the blue iris was awful. But I admit I got the two I have the Vanille & Narcisse and Ambre & Santal from eBay brand new and under £30!

The Blue Iris was awful and they discontinued it very quickly. I have The Vert and The Acacia and in the last Christmas sales got The Orchid - they are all divine, to me anyway, and The Orchid is still in the shops.
https://uk.loccitane.com/néroli-orchidée-eau-de-toilette,83,1,36067,998509.htm

They also still sell the discontinued Oud Rose in flagship stores and online and it gets great reviews but this one is not for me
OUD & ROSE EAU DE PARFUM
https://uk.loccitane.com/oud-rose-eau-de-parfum,83,1,36067,758132.htm

have you tried the Luxenoa candles Donna I think you will adore them. not cheap but rich and deep and very expensive smelling. thats because they are expensive tbh

I caught Rylan the other night when channel flicking in an ad break.

And he knew his stuff and the fragrances sounded really good. If on easy pay I think I will be tempted. I am burning Diptyque Narguile(I had money on my SpaceNK loyalty card so got £10 off), it has the most amazing throw of any candle I have ever burnt! It's based on a Turkish Haku pipe tobacco and has honey.

I caught Rylan the other night when channel flicking in an ad break.

And he knew his stuff and the fragrances sounded really good. If on easy pay I think I will be tempted. I am burning Diptyque Narguile(I had money on my SpaceNK loyalty card so got £10 off), it has the most amazing throw of any candle I have ever burnt! It's based on a Turkish Haku pipe tobacco and has honey.

ohhhhh you love a good candle then lol! I have to be very honest I love the Ryland candles they are rich decadent and beautifully packaged. the samplers are better than the twister 38cl candle imo. they burn down at an alarming rate quicker than the samplers which is a joke!. but they are beautiful. but for £12 more I can get a Jo Malone so that will be on my next to buy list. I did buy a Ryland Diffuser as like you said the scents are gorgeous. but the wax needs to be reconfigured for the larger jars for the candles big big mistake!

oh and Donna loving the Shay and Blue collection. the blood orange, black tulip and Atropica are all lovely. not mega lasting but nice still!

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be returning the try me set nothing lasts more than an hour on me. I like them all but cant justify paying £45 for something I cant smell. back to my youth buying more classic scents one at a time

What are your favourite perfumes, at the moment I like YSL Black Opium and YSL Parisienne. Remember when AY used to flog Lolita Lempika on Q and everyone went mad for Tova but I didn't like it.

Latest posts

Back