Google TSV 1/6/19

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well that'll be interesting of Hohbein presents it. He already wants everyone to know he uses Alexa all over his home and it's the best thing since sliced bread. I wonder how the shobgite will talk up the competition....please let it be him so he can happily contradict himself over and over.

Google Nest Hub Smart Speaker with 7" Screen & Google Assistant
Item Number: 519094
QVC Price £119.00
Todays Special Value Price £79.98
P&P £0.00

or 3 Easy Pays of £26.66

Combining the functions of the Google Assistant to help with everyday questions, and a clear 7" touchscreen the Google Nest Hub is equipped with Wi-Fi connectivity to access online visual content and connect and control your compatible smart home and mobile devices, while Bluetooth is also built-in to enable streaming of music, video and more. The touchscreen helps simplify on-screen app navigation and displays everything from your latest holiday photos, to videos, your smart security footage and more, making the Hub the centre of your connected home.

How can I help? Google Assistant will provide immersive answers, ask your Nest Hub anything and get rich, visual answers about travel, local business, sports, news and more. Two far-field microphones detect your voice from across the room so that you can control your Google Nest Hub while you’re doing other things.

See the screen - a 7” touchscreen display puts Google Nest Hub's touch-sensitive screen control at your fingertips. Swipe from left to right to go back, up for volume and brightness controls, and down to reveal your home view dashboard. The display automatically detects and matches over 16 million combinations of light and colour so that your photos blend in with your home décor.

Hear the right sound - get Crystal Clear room filling audio and enjoy camera-free voice calls, play songs and music videos from all your favourites on line. Plus if you're bored of your faves, get new music recommendations, just by asking Google Assistant.

Time to sleep - at bedtime, Google Nest Hub dims its screen to match the darker lighting in your room so that you get a more restful sleep. And when you wake up, the display brightens to match the morning light, whether it comes in from outside or you turn the lights on.

Jumpstart your day using Voice Match - with Google Nest Hub you can even set up custom routines. When you wake up, just say “Hey Google, good morning” to see your personalised events, commute and travel updates, reminders and more. Then when you’re ready to unwind with your evening routine, say “Hey Google, goodnight” to set an alarm, turn off the smart lights, dim the display and play soothing music.

Feeling hungry? Ask Google how to make beef bourguignon and the screen will display a selection of online recipes. Then just tap to start cooking the one you fancy and get step-by-step instructions read out loud and displayed on screen one at a time. Progress through the recipe by tapping or asking for the next step, or jump back one to view the whole thing.

Designed to fit your style - choose one of the three pale colours, Chalk, Aqua and Sand to enjoy a more subtle addition to your home décor, or if you want to show off the latest addition to your connected home opt for the Charcoal to make your Nest Hub stand out. What's more, Nest Hub acts as a digital photo frame just say “Hey Google, show my pictures from Hawaii” and watch them appear.

Colour options:

Chalk
Charcoal
Aqua
Sand

What's in the box?

Google Nest Hub Smart Speaker
1 x DC power cable
Instruction manual

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.519094

The presentation is completely different to the norm.

DF is doing most of the work as the "expert" seems a bit tongue-tied.

Instead of the "expert" saying what it does, DF is constantly having to ask him questions, along the lines of

DF: "Does it do this?" "SO-CALLED EXPERT" "Yes" over and over again.

Without DF there, I think the "expert" would not tell you anything, which is the reverse of when Hohbein is with her.

So is this thing like an Alexa but with an added screen? If you ask how to make recipe X, it says it tells you onscreen whereas I assume Alexa just tells you and you have to write it down?? I think I'll just stick to my recipe books. Or ready meals!!!!!

Alexa also make a model with a screen, it was heavily hyped on QVC by Hohbein. And the screen is much bigger too (10 inches).

I have one with a screen (I now have 7 of various types) but the one with the screen is used least of all.

Is this the one with the Nest camera?

I love my Nest outdoor camera, but I'd heard there was some kind of problem with this.

Or I'm barking up wrong tree - again.

Not commenting on the actual product but ye gods can these people not come up with an original presentation. Whilst it may not be wiggy presenting its the same bliddy script, the only difference this person says please after each question which is a plus but the Hey at the start of each question is a definite minus.

Oh lord we have just had the “surprise” telephone call to friend including all the beware don’t say anything type stuff from Charlie - problem is we had exactly the same call to the same person at midnight with Del Boy. Give me strength.

Not commenting on the actual product but ye gods can these people not come up with an original presentation. Whilst it may not be wiggy presenting its the same bliddy script, the only difference this person says please after each question which is a plus but the Hey at the start of each question is a definite minus.

That puts me off completely

I see while Mama Cass was presenting this she commented on it showing youtube and said, "so that is a big improvement over similar products out there"

Yes, the Amazon ones you have been shilling for the last couple of years as the best thing ever, you just dissed on TV....nice one love.

edit: oh and Google have just released a 10 inch model to rival the Echo Show, and it now has a built in camera for video calls, as this model on QVC has no camera on it.

And for somebody who asked, Alexa/Echo Show does recipes and most are screenshots with Alexa talking you through the recipe, which you can pause etc at anytime. But you can download skills like Jamie Olivers one, which I believe then shows video.

by the time we get them from QVC/Google they'll be doing flights to the Sun very poor show by both companies ..will probably send it back if it arrives

Latest posts

Back