QVC Beauty Collection Vanity Bag

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I got a 'We miss you' email from them this week offering me a £5 discount off a £20 spend

We haven’t heard from you in a while, so we thought that we would tempt you back to QVC with £5 off your next purchase (£20.01 min spend excl P&P required).

£20 and 1p!!!! The bunch of barstewards. Let's screw the last penny out of them eh? I buy a lot because I live in the middle of nowhere, our nearest "town" has no shops except Asda, Aldi and Tesco and now I work part time I tend to have QVC on when I'm in the house but they never offer me anything because I'm supposing they don't need to. Blahhhhh.

CC

Well I havent bought anything from Q this year apart from the superskin liz earle tsv, and I got the email yesterday so duly completed it, call me a sceptic but it all seems too good to be true, I will eagerly await the offer email

Well I havent bought anything from Q this year apart from the superskin liz earle tsv, and I got the email yesterday so duly completed it, call me a sceptic but it all seems too good to be true, I will eagerly await the offer email

I am peeved but glad you got it,

I got the survey email but deleted it! Then I read this thread and realised the collection was indeed worth having. Have just checked Trash and it has gone from there so my email efficiency has cost me! Idiot!!

But never mind, I shall just console myself that I didnt want everything and buy the Shay and Blue sets.

There is a bit of a moan going on about this on the QVC Facebook, people asking why they are not getting the offer?

Also, On reading the small print there’s no guarantee that everyone who spends ages filling in the rather long questionnaire will be successful in getting the offer .i suspect another Mighty QVC “mess up “! this is interesting.

I got the survey email but deleted it! Then I read this thread and realised the collection was indeed worth having. Have just checked Trash and it has gone from there so my email efficiency has cost me! Idiot!!

But never mind, I shall just console myself that I didnt want everything and buy the Shay and Blue sets.

Contact CS see if they can re-issue.

Nothing for me.... I guess I’m not valued by qvc :sad::sad:

Don't worry - most of us are not. Let's consider it a badge of honour.

There is a bit of a moan going on about this on the QVC Facebook, people asking why they are not getting the offer?

Also, On reading the small print there’s no guarantee that everyone who spends ages filling in the rather long questionnaire will be successful in getting the offer .i suspect another Mighty QVC “mess up “! this is interesting.

Oh, this'll be good! I might have to log on to Facebook for a look myself.

I am peeved but glad you got it,

I too was disappointed not to have received the offer so emailed
them only to receive a response saying I haven't opted into
their offers (which is not true) but ‘here is a link to it for £99 plus free postage’.

I am shocked and disappointed at the QVC’s reply and their view that I should be grateful to pay 5 x as much as others.

I am thinking of cancelling my membership and I do buy a lot and regularly from QVC.

To say I’m disgruntled puts it mildly!

I too was disappointed not to have received the offer so emailed
them only to receive a response saying I haven't opted into
their offers (which is not true) but ‘here is a link to it for £99 plus free postage’.

I am shocked and disappointed at the QVC’s reply and their view that I should be grateful to pay 5 x as much as others.

I am thinking of cancelling my membership and I do buy a lot and regularly from QVC.

To say I’m disgruntled puts it mildly!

Eh??? I'm opted in too but allegedly not. How ****** dare they say "yeah you can have the offer but it costs you £99 and everyone else £20, but oh, we'll give you "free" (not) postage". It's like someone in your family winning half a million quid on the lottery and giving you £100 :mysmilie_11:

CC

Ah, it all becomes clear now. They have a certain amount of these on the special price for doing the survey but even then you are not guaranteed to get it! The rest of the stock is still at the original price they sold for.

So think of it like a store giving the first X amount of customers through the door first a TV at £10. All other customers coming through the doors when the numbers are met pay the full RRP.

I have an experience of this, TK Maxx Saturday morning about 2 years back. They had a little red carpet and ropes along the door (the sort you see at events), I walk in and member of staff standing in the entrance handed me a voucher for £10. Seems it was some sort of anniversary for that store. A friend who stopped to look in the window of the shoe shop beside TK Maxx in the mall came in a few minutes later and got nothing. We asked and they had printed a set amount of vouchers and once gone that was it.

Eh??? I'm opted in too but allegedly not. How ****** dare they say "yeah you can have the offer but it costs you £99 and everyone else £20, but oh, we'll give you "free" (not) postage". It's like someone in your family winning half a million quid on the lottery and giving you £100 :mysmilie_11:

CC

I can think of someone in my 'family' who'd probably give me nadda.

A few posts on QVC Facebook yesterday from people complaining they did the survey but no sign of the email to buy the beauty collection at £20. QVC replied they should arrive today Thursday.

So this will be interesting.

If any of us get it for £20, here’s my ml for ml breakdown.

1 x Elemis Soothing Apricot Toner (200ml) Worth £24.50 cost £4.16
1 x Percy & Reed No Fuss Fabulousness Dry Shampoo (150ml) Worth £12.50 cost £2.12
1 x Tweak’d Rare Treasures Wild Apricot Cleanser (100ml) Worth £15 (individually, although on offer 2 for £20) cost £2.55
1 x Molton Brown Jasmine & Sun Rose Bath & Shower Gel (100ml) Worth £10 cost £1.70
1 x SBC Collagen Micellar Cleanser (100ml) Worth £7.50 cost £1.27
1 x The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + Vitamin B5 (30ml) Worth £5.90 cost £1.00
1 x Skinsense Anti-Ageing Leave-On Mask (25ml) Worth £8.50 cost £1.44
1 x OPI Nail Lacquer (15ml) Worth £13.50 cost £2.29
1 x Prai Ageless Throat & Décolletage Cream (15ml) Worth approx £7.50 cost £1.27
1 x Perfect Formula Pink Gel Coat (5ml) Worth approx £6.95 cost £1.18
1 x Ultrasun Lip Protection SPF 30 (4.8g) Worth £6 cost £1.02
1 x beauty case
Worth, previously got to approx £110, this time £117.85 approx. So might be slightly out, may have used the Tweak’d as £10 last time.
Total cost £20.
Now it’s a toss up between this & the Tili. Resisted Tili up until now, might not be able to resist the Vanity Bag though.

Wasn’t expecting to get the email to confirm the offer, it just arrived and I have ordered. So their marketing has worked as this is my first purchase (for myself anyway as Hubby has had 2 items) since last November.
At least my Christmas Crackers will benefit.

Wasn’t expecting to get the email to confirm the offer, it just arrived and I have ordered. So their marketing has worked as this is my first purchase (for myself anyway as Hubby has had 2 items) since last November.
At least my Christmas Crackers will benefit.

I’ve now made another purchase within 2 hours, not proud of myself!

This doesn't seem fair at all

I received the email and did the survey- was sceptical if would actually receive the offer but the email arrived today and I have ordered. My pleasure - because apart from skinsense they are products I have used or wanted to try- has now changed because it seems it wasn't a level playing field for all customers . I am also not sure what they mean by marketing - I do receive tsv emails for home and beauty but I imagine many who didn't receive get these also. The email also said to look out for updates on this project - which will be pointless if they have lost loyal customers. Sorry for anyone who wanted and missed out.:mysmilie_10:

Balls to them. I will just buy the Tili boxes which are £20 free postage and I really liked the items in there and sold/gave away the ones I didn't want. At least it's not "you might get it or might not" and "you can have it for £20 but your mate has to pay £99". Look Fantastic sometimes have these boxes of goodies as well without subscribing and they are well worth the money.

CC

Balls to them. I will just buy the Tili boxes which are £20 free postage and I really liked the items in there and sold/gave away the ones I didn't want. At least it's not "you might get it or might not" and "you can have it for £20 but your mate has to pay £99". Look Fantastic sometimes have these boxes of goodies as well without subscribing and they are well worth the money.

CC
I know I’ve purchased the vanity bag, but to be honest I was tempted by the Abstract Tili Box as an alternative. I do think that Qvc could have dealt with this better and more fairly and apply that compromise to beauty bashes too. By offering this they have got some customers back & lost some loyal customers too. Hopefully the questions they asked in the survey & responses received will be looked at to improve things like discounts & p&p etc.

Latest posts

Back