Trust Debbie Flint

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She said that one of the Kipling bags was so spacious her cousin picked up a stray kitten in France, put it in the bag then brought it back to the UK. Customs didn't notice apparently.

As someone who'd seen rabies in North America, I was appalled at the irresponsibility of both bringing a stray animal into the UK and the mentioning of it on live TV.

Maybe as a soon-to-be-mum she'll understand the importance of keeping rabies out of the UK so we don't have to worry about family pets being in contact with wild animals and bringing a devastating disease into our homes.

ETA: Bad enough we have the likes of Flinty being beamed into our homes!

She said that one of the Kipling bags was so spacious her cousin picked up a stray kitten in France, put it in the bag then brought it back to the UK. Customs didn't notice apparently.

As someone who'd seen rabies in North America, I was appalled at the irresponsibility of both bringing a stray animal into the UK and the mentioning of it on live TV.

Maybe as a soon-to-be-mum she'll understand the importance of keeping rabies out of the UK so we don't have to worry about family pets being in contact with wild animals and bringing a devastating disease into our homes.

ETA: Bad enough we have the likes of Flinty being beamed into our homes!

I totally agree with you. I've also brought back a stray cat, I did it officially, cost a fortune but I couldn't have lived with myself if we'd left him in the dreadful place we found him.

I totally agree with you. I've also brought back a stray cat, I did it officially, cost a fortune but I couldn't have lived with myself if we'd left him in the dreadful place we found him.

I'm truly glad to hear you did that - not being condescending, I'm happy to see that there are still people out there who care enough about the animal and don't flout rules.

My neighbour smuggled a kitten back home - twice. Both died horrible deaths from illness. If they'd gone the route you took they'd probably have survived as they'd have had vet care earlier.

To me it's a similar thing to knowingly buying a puppy from a puppy farm. Though I've heard some say they thought they bought their puppy from what they thought might have been a puppy farm but put their selfish needs first. The attitude of 'my puppy's okay so I won't report' is sadly too common.

I'm truly glad to hear you did that - not being condescending, I'm happy to see that there are still people out there who care enough about the animal and don't flout rules.

My neighbour smuggled a kitten back home - twice. Both died horrible deaths from illness. If they'd gone the route you took they'd probably have survived as they'd have had vet care earlier.

To me it's a similar thing to knowingly buying a puppy from a puppy farm. Though I've heard some say they thought they bought their puppy from what they thought might have been a puppy farm but put their selfish needs first. The attitude of 'my puppy's okay so I won't report' is sadly too common.

You're not being condescenging at all. I'm always sticking my nose in when it comes to cruelty, at present I'm watching a situation with a tethered donkey, my husband's convinced he'll open the garage door one day & find her in there. I've just cleared out lots of bedding, all in good condition but unwanted, & I couldn't find a homeless charity that wanted it, then I rang the local dogs home - they take as much as they can get & I'm delighted.

I was equally shocked to see her fat knees on display in the fashion outlet hour with that Evie woman who wore those awful pointy biker boots with a summer frock. AND WHAT WAS dumpy Flint wearing ??? I don't know who threw that thing together but she must have worn it for a bet.

More likely the backstage 'stoilists' threw it together for a bet.....haaaaaa

Do you still have the cat? What's he like now?

Last edited by a moderator:
It never ceases to amaze me how people can be so cruel towards animals. My cat was found dumped in a carrier bag along with 3 other kittens one of which was already dead. They were only about 3 weeks old. Luckily some children found the bag and took the kittens to someone they knew had cats and she cared for them and took them to a vet who treated them. My cat is now 13 and is tiny, she never grew and when I first got her at about 8 weeks old she cost me a fortune in vet bills because she was always ill. Her poor start in life was obviously to blame for this. There are charities who will help with spaying if people can`t afford it and there are also charities who will take unwanted kittens so why the hell people dump animals is beyond me.
Years ago my Dad`s next door neighbour left her house and moved but she left her poor cat behind and recently someone has moved from near me and done exactly the same. I could throttle such people !

I firmly believe that people should have to be vetted to have children and pets and the world would be a much better place.

It never ceases to amaze me how people can be so cruel towards animals. My cat was found dumped in a carrier bag along with 3 other kittens one of which was already dead. They were only about 3 weeks old. Luckily some children found the bag and took the kittens to someone they knew had cats and she cared for them and took them to a vet who treated them. My cat is now 13 and is tiny, she never grew and when I first got her at about 8 weeks old she cost me a fortune in vet bills because she was always ill. Her poor start in life was obviously to blame for this. There are charities who will help with spaying if people can`t afford it and there are also charities who will take unwanted kittens so why the hell people dump animals is beyond me.
Years ago my Dad`s next door neighbour left her house and moved but she left her poor cat behind and recently someone has moved from near me and done exactly the same. I could throttle such people !

The lack of basic human decency is shocking. They obviously find it acceptable to be so cruel but they should be looking over their shoulder because if they are reported, they can face a big fine.

A number of years ago at a different address our neighbours moved away and left their cat behind. My husband had their new address and contacted them and they said they didn’t want him! It still upsets me so much and I really can’t believe how cruel it was. Happy ending though, we adopted him and he enriched our household. We loved him very much.

More likely the backstage 'stoilists' threw it together for a bet.....haaaaaa

Do you still have the cat? What's he like now?

Sadly he died three years ago. We called him Prego, 'You're welcome' in Italian, because when we fed him he would jump up & head butt our knees as though he was thanking us. We had him for 10 years & he was an absolute love. I miss him.

Sadly he died three years ago. We called him Prego, 'You're welcome' in Italian, because when we fed him he would jump up & head butt our knees as though he was thanking us. We had him for 10 years & he was an absolute love. I miss him.

Aw I’m sorry to hear that T, over 28 years we’ve lost two furry family members and I’m not kidding, the grief is so powerful as you know yourself, it’s physically painful. They’ve left holes in our heart and life that will never be filled. We had Tigger for 15 years then Ebony for 13 years, in both cases their little bodies let them down, it’s always painful when you lose someone you love who only shows you love back, we miss them so much, I really do feel for you and know exactly what you’re going through, sending you peace and big hug xx

I firmly believe that people should have to be vetted to have children and pets and the world would be a much better place.

You're not wrong there.

Parenting classes and pet care should be mandatory. I see children and animals being left to their own devices a lot these days. Maybe people would have second thoughts if they were made aware of the care needed for both.

Who am I kidding? As long as no one interferes with their care "skills", these people are oblivious to the damage they're doing. It seems both are used simply as fashion accessories or Instagram opportunities. The same people also become over-the-top outraged if someone actually is brave enough to either point out their failings or tell their kids off.

My ex next door neighbour had form for this. Her kids would be locked out after school for her to have "mammy time" even if it was pouring down. When the kids would start throwing stones at passing cars or whatever and someone would complain to her she'd call the police and accuse them of abusing her kids! The really laughable thing was the police would always take her side! She'd also removed them from three schools after teachers dared to scold them. Last I heard (she was evicted for not paying rent claiming her landlord was rich enough) her oldest is in juvenile detention and the middle is being investigated for allegations of sexually abusing his sister.

It's sad that this now seems normal.

Aw I’m sorry to hear that T, over 28 years we’ve lost two furry family members and I’m not kidding, the grief is so powerful as you know yourself, it’s physically painful. They’ve left holes in our heart and life that will never be filled. We had Tigger for 15 years then Ebony for 13 years, in both cases their little bodies let them down, it’s always painful when you lose someone you love who only shows you love back, we miss them so much, I really do feel for you and know exactly what you’re going through, sending you peace and big hug xx

You're spot on. The grief of losing a pet is as painful as losing a person we love. People without pets (apart from the types who just use them as accessories, of course) don't understand that we can love our animals as strongly as we can people. I'm always a bit wary of people who have a day's weep then move on to be honest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back