Monsoon Coming to QVC next month

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's not clothes, but some years ago I went to Sri Lanka and we went to the tea plantation where we met the most wonderful ladies who tried to teach us how to pick tea. These girls/women are out in the baking sun all day picking tea leaves and got paid around 20p per day! They made much better money from people like me where they asked if I would like to do a photo opp for a tip (£1) and I was only too happy to oblige. People in poorer countries that make clothes that we buy, Bangladesh for instance get paid a pittance.

Everyone wants cheap clothes and those of us prepared to pay a bit more for better quality either it doesn’t increase these wages or if it’s Uk or EU workers it’s too expensive. Can’t win either way.

My Mr T saw a Monsoon red dress that was NOT being sold by Ms Dawson, she was more interested in wittering on about the jacket she was wearing. He said he'd buy it for me, bless. I went online & it's £20 less than Q's price, there's p&p but I'd rather give them money than pay the wages of those who can't be bothered to do their job correctly.

No idea how long the code is valid for but if you use SUNNY20 on the Monsoon website you get 20% off. It also applies to items already reduced.

And someone actually ordered it!

There was a post on Arsebook today asking for details of a red pleated monstrosity that the awful Vonda was wearing on a sketchers show.

I know it’s good that we are all different but surely there has to be a limit!

Everyone wants cheap clothes and those of us prepared to pay a bit more for better quality either it doesn’t increase these wages or if it’s Uk or EU workers it’s too expensive. Can’t win either way.

I was looking at a magazine last week and saw the prices of some Burberry stuff. Absolutely laughable. It wasn't that long ago it was the brand choice of the local chavs.

What really winds my clock is that they shut their UK factory in Wales because it was costing them too much to produce here. I've never worn a stitch of Burberry (despite having a cousin working in their old UK factory, but my mum did have one of their trench coats decades ago) and never will at the prices they're charging now, even if I was rolling in it. The prices have risen but I bet the factory workers wages haven't.

I tend to keep my clothes a LONG time. I still have a few t-shirts that I bought before my mum passed away 25 years ago. I'm definitely not one for fast, throwaway fashion. I like good quality and am willing to pay a reasonable price but I hate poor quality at higher than should be prices. Rip-off!

I am very careful with my clothes be they cheap or expensive however when i am on a diet for say the summer I tend to splurge then when the weight creeps on again so I have wardrobes full of hardly worn stuff just a smidgen too tight.

Latest posts

Back